Football betting site Betway

Trust comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49594420
Strange this on many fronts ( planet swans chose to ignore as usually and just bitch . who the fuk is monmouth  . hilarious ) . 
1. Why the trust putting this out now . Almost saying they have no position . Not clever . 
2. Once again a seller is publically saying they didn't say no to mediation . 
3. Seller outing the the trust as did the lawyer for sellers . Trust need to evidence this . Who backed out ?
4. Dineen making it obvious it was a company that sold shares not him ( bvs ).  Messy as it is with all sellers .
5. Time to move on trust . You own 21% of  a great club . Nothing has changed. The trust has no veto prior sale.... just the good will of the ex shareholders . Nothing has changed .
LlanjackcimlajackBigGSeaJackenaitchbarry

Comments

• Oh that's just dandy then Ponty, thanks for the clarification, the trust better just roll over & take it for the team...
    Llanjack
  • Monmouth might be your better half. Whitey your post doesn't make a statement, nothing to debate!
  • Dear me. I’m sure when it gets to court that the judge will simply take their word for it. The Trust, I’m sure have been keeping a watchful eye on the correspondence and communications since they broached the topic of mediation with them. And don’t forget that there is video evidence showing that the sellers advised the new owners not to engage with the Trust. It follows then that the Trust were isolated from the proceedings dealing with the sale of the Club and also that the sellers chose to freeze out the Trust and not deal with them. The made up minutes will be of interest as well as to who is trustworthy in all of this. I’m sure there are things that I’ve missed but you get the gist I’m sure.
    cimlajackJackareme
  • And why didn’t the Americans keep  to their promise by buying some of the trusts shares  in 2018 which they said they would . I know which party I believe ....
    Llanjack
  • enaitch said:
    And why didn’t the Americans keep  to their promise by buying some of the trusts shares  in 2018 which they said they would . I know which party I believe ....
    Because the offer made in August wasn’t signed and by the time it was, the club looked like they’d be relegated
    Llanjack
  • SeaJack said:
    Dear me. I’m sure when it gets to court that the judge will simply take their word for it. The Trust, I’m sure have been keeping a watchful eye on the correspondence and communications since they broached the topic of mediation with them. And don’t forget that there is video evidence showing that the sellers advised the new owners not to engage with the Trust. It follows then that the Trust were isolated from the proceedings dealing with the sale of the Club and also that the sellers chose to freeze out the Trust and not deal with them. The made up minutes will be of interest as well as to who is trustworthy in all of this. I’m sure there are things that I’ve missed but you get the gist I’m sure.
    Deal with what i said . The sellers lawyer has categorically stated that they didn't refuse mediation . A selling Company has also now stated the same publically . I find it strange they would come out and say that if it was a lie . It would ruin any case going forward . Maybe the trust need to come out and prove that mediation was refused ?
    Llanjack
  • enaitch said:
    And why didn’t the Americans keep  to their promise by buying some of the trusts shares  in 2018 which they said they would . I know which party I believe ....
    See Jac response . The thing is the Trust are the only ones blabbing in public so you choose to believe the only voice you hear. Why do the trust still want to talk considering the members have said go to court .If they have a cast iron case then they need to get on with it . Of course all this will impact on the club in the end . As a 21% shareholder they have a duty of care as well to not do anything that is detrimental to the company .

• Well HJ lied which was brought up in court about a meeting that he personally signed off on which actually never took place the trust only want to be treated as a 21% shareholder in equal terms as the others were and if that means court action so be it . You’d have to be really thick if you side with the sellers like old Ponty did and he was a tool as they say ..... or fool maybe ...... Yes I believe the trust  not corrupt businessmen and bent lawyers  :#
    Llanjack
  • keep spinning whitemountains, your interpretation of the Trust 'blabbing' in public isn't quite true. All they are doing is keeping their members involved as to the procedures they are undertaking. Obviously in line with what their legal team tells them.

The people involved in the Trust are extremely patient and are fully aware of their responsibilities in utilising the funds at their disposal, as are most of their members.

Have you ever wondered why all of a sudden the BBC are putting out interviews with former directors associates, months after the Trust ballot decided on legal action.
    Llanjack
  • enaitch said:
    Well HJ lied which was brought up in court about a meeting that he personally signed off on which actually never took place the trust only want to be treated as a 21% shareholder in equal terms as the others were and if that means court action so be it . You’d have to be really thick if you side with the sellers like old Ponty did and he was a tool as they say ..... or fool maybe ...... Yes I believe the trust  not corrupt businessmen and bent lawyers  :#
    In court ?. Are you sure ? When has this gone to court ? . 

Wow. Corrupt businessmen  -  explain ?

Bent lawyers - you mean the one who is happy to publicly state his case and therefore not hide.

How fugging stupid are you ? 
    Llanjack
  • Enaitch
    Apologies for the language . It was uncalled for .
    Llanjack
  • Tut tut Ponty you’ve shown your true colours in your reply . There was a tribunal case in court not so long ago involving two ex directors that were going for unfair dissmissal involving Mr Keefe and Mr Penny and the non meeting that HJ lied about was brought up ... but you know this and you don’t like people mentioning the truth around Huw and co as you are probably related . If they weren’t corrupt they would have involved the trust in the sale instead of going behind their backs in Dec 2015 and meeting K and L and telling them not to mention it to them . As they say “ the truth always hurts “. You’re entitled to swear at me I have no problem as it’s only words but you’ve reacted in a way that a guilty person would ....  :D
    Llanjackgarythenotrashcougar
  • we'll soon see who is telling the truth when it gets to Court, wont we.

I know who I'd trust more - it's in the name!
    LlanjackenaitchBigG
  • enaitch said:
    Tut tut Ponty you’ve shown your true colours in your reply . There was a tribunal case in court not so long ago involving two ex directors that were going for unfair dissmissal involving Mr Keefe and Mr Penny and the non meeting that HJ lied about was brought up ... but you know this and you don’t like people mentioning the truth around Huw and co as you are probably related . If they weren’t corrupt they would have involved the trust in the sale instead of going behind their backs in Dec 2015 and meeting K and L and telling them not to mention it to them . As they say “ the truth always hurts “. You’re entitled to swear at me I have no problem as it’s only words but you’ve reacted in a way that a guilty person would ....  :D
    I'm not 'Ponty' and haven't a clue who he is .

I thought the Judge said he wasn't sure if Jenkins lied ( he probably did though when looking at things ) but that has nothing to do with the Trust going to court .

I'm not in anyway related to any person or entity that sold shares .

You honestly need to be careful when chucking out accusations of corruption . Nowhere has there been any mention of corruption . People and organisations sold shares . That is not corruption .

I have no reason to be hurt by truth .  I just don't think the full story is coming out from either side and it will do IF it ever gets to court . Some trust members voting to go to court does not mean it will do . I am still to work out why the sellers lawyer would publicly issue a statement to say that they had not withdrawn from mediation if in fact they had . This can easily be verified so i doubt he would lie in a public statement .
    Llanjack
  • we'll soon see who is telling the truth when it gets to Court, wont we.

I know who I'd trust more - it's in the name!
    IF it gets to court . There is a big difference . 
    Llanjack
  • It's  past mediation, court proceedings will be issued in due course, without some form of last ditch settlement, this is heading to court, no ifs or buts....
    Llanjack
  • Just a few ifs and buts though Big G, litigation funding, it’s not a given by any stretch of the imagination
    Llanjack
  • "While the Swans Trust is preparing to proceed with issuing court proceedings as a result of well-known complaints resulting from the sale of the football club, it has always been the preference of the Trust to resolve all issues outside of court," the Trust said in a statement issued to BBC Sport Wales. 

"While there has been no communication from the other parties in recent months, our door remains open for future dialogue to resolve this issue, in the interests of all parties and particularly the football club, although we are almost in stoppage time if there are to be negotiations before court proceedings are issued."

It's pretty black & white Jac

Llanjack
  • BigG said:

"While the Swans Trust is preparing to proceed with issuing court proceedings as a result of well-known complaints resulting from the sale of the football club, it has always been the preference of the Trust to resolve all issues outside of court," the Trust said in a statement issued to BBC Sport Wales. 

"While there has been no communication from the other parties in recent months, our door remains open for future dialogue to resolve this issue, in the interests of all parties and particularly the football club, although we are almost in stoppage time if there are to be negotiations before court proceedings are issued."

Not at all G, litigation funding is not in place and without it, there will be no court case
    Llanjack
  • Made up minutes to a meeting we’re registered officially. An official statement being issued doesn’t in-still much confidence in the veracity of the sellers and owners account of things. The timing of the statement means it was designed to unsettle the members when considering their vote in my opinion.
    Llanjack
  • SeaJack said:
    Made up minutes to a meeting we’re registered officially. An official statement being issued doesn’t in-still much confidence in the veracity of the sellers and owners account of things. The timing of the statement means it was designed to unsettle the members when considering their vote in my opinion.
    Seajack 

To me the statement has been released by the Trust to try and get dialogue so it's their timing . Bulk vending responded to it .
    Llanjack
  • Jac said:
    BigG said: . 

"While the Swans Trust is preparing to proceed with issuing court proceedings as a result of well-known complaints resulting from the sale of the football club, it has always been the preference of the Trust to resolve all issues outside of court," the Trust said in a statement issued to BBC Sport Wales. 

Not at all G, litigation funding is not in place and without it, there will be no court case
    and there lies the problem . No litigation funding , no court case .
    LlanjackBigG
  • And that’s why the buyers and sellers are keeping their powder dry, they will come slithering to the negotiating table once funding is secured, Both the buyers and sellers must understand, the time for talk is then over and the window will be shut.
    Llanjackcimlajack
  • Jac said:
    And that’s why the buyers and sellers are keeping their powder dry, they will come slithering to the negotiating table once funding is secured, Both the buyers and sellers must understand, the time for talk is then over and the window will be shut.
    If the trust haven't got it by now then they won't get it . They have had 2 years and nothing has changed . It is too much of a grey case . Why do you think the trust have reached out again ? 

If they do get it then i sincerely hope they wait to see how this season pans out . It is in no ones interest to start a court case whilst we sit top of the league and have a chance of promotion .  The swans in the premier league will no doubt give the trust the best chance of a resolution that suits what they want . I'm still to fathom out exactly what they do want . £20 million in the bank and no shareholding goes totally against what they stand for . £20 million that will sit there until such time the football club gets into financial trouble which all of us hopes never happens .
    LlanjackMark_Jack_London
  • Jac said:
    And that’s why the buyers and sellers are keeping their powder dry, they will come slithering to the negotiating table once funding is secured, Both the buyers and sellers must understand, the time for talk is then over and the window will be shut.
    If the trust haven't got it by now then they won't get it . They have had 2 years and nothing has changed . It is too much of a grey case . Why do you think the trust have reached out again ? 

If they do get it then i sincerely hope they wait to see how this season pans out . It is in no ones interest to start a court case whilst we sit top of the league and have a chance of promotion .  The swans in the premier league will no doubt give the trust the best chance of a resolution that suits what they want . I'm still to fathom out exactly what they do want . £20 million in the bank and no shareholding goes totally against what they stand for . £20 million that will sit there until such time the football club gets into financial trouble which all of us hopes never happens .
    Ok, let's wait until we are bottom of the league and facing relegation and then take them to court, a situation which could take another couple of years perhaps. Obviously through the stalling process of the sell outs. Oh, and by the time we are ready to go to court, we are sitting in a promotion place in League Two, and then sell-outs like yourself say its not the right time.

In the Trust's case there a right time to go to court and it has been decided by its members. But the time to go is when all the financial issues have been checked and counter checked, and that time is almost upon us.

As for the £20M. It's all about principles, a factor that wasn't in your sell-outs' locker. The final figure will be less than that but its all about principles, something your colleagues know Jack shit about. 

LlanjackcimlajackMark_Jack_London
  • White mountains enough now don’t insult our intelligence we all know your ponty! No shame in that own it!
    Llanjackenaitch
  • Jac said:

Ok, let's wait until we are bottom of the league and facing relegation and then take them to court, a situation which could take another couple of years perhaps. Obviously through the stalling process of the sell outs. Oh, and by the time we are ready to go to court, we are sitting in a promotion place in League Two, and then sell-outs like yourself say its not the right time.

In the Trust's case there a right time to go to court and it has been decided by its members. But the time to go is when all the financial issues have been checked and counter checked, and that time is almost upon us.

As for the £20M. It's all about principles, a factor that wasn't in your sell-outs' locker. The final figure will be less than that but its all about principles, something your colleagues know Jack shit about. 

Colin - do you remember when the KLF burnt a million pounds as an artistic 'statement'? The Trust are going to go one better than that - they are going to withdraw five million pounds from the bank of Swansea City FC and torch it in front of the public. OK, the money won't come directly from the club's coffers and hopefully won't affect Birch's war chest in the short term, it will come from the bank accounts of the buyers and (mostly) the sellers in the 2016 deal or (more likely) the insurance companies that indemnified them against this kind of loss. Longer term, will it make the remaining shareholders more or less likely to look for more immediate returns on their investment... we'll have to wait and see. But what is unarguable is that in the best case scenario the Trust will have taken a stake worth potentially £20m and will walk away from the bonfire with £15m in their pocket and the charred remains of £5m toasting in the embers. That's a hell of a thing to do for a principle.
    LlanjackBigG
  • Cadleigh said:
    Jac said:

Colin - do you remember when the KLF burnt a million pounds as an artistic 'statement'? The Trust are going to go one better than that - they are going to withdraw five million pounds from the bank of Swansea City FC and torch it in front of the public. OK, the money won't come directly from the club's coffers and hopefully won't affect Birch's war chest in the short term, it will come from the bank accounts of the buyers and (mostly) the sellers in the 2016 deal or (more likely) the insurance companies that indemnified them against this kind of loss. Longer term, will it make the remaining shareholders more or less likely to look for more immediate returns on their investment... we'll have to wait and see. But what is unarguable is that in the best case scenario the Trust will have taken a stake worth potentially £20m and will walk away from the bonfire with £15m in their pocket and the charred remains of £5m toasting in the embers. That's a hell of a thing to do for a principle.
    Cadleigh,
    Is there really an alternative? Or do the Trust forego court action, close down an organisation that helped save the club and who worked tirelessly alongside the sell-outs in financing players' wages during the early years prior to wearing the Golden Fleece of the Premier League.
    Some may call our club a 'family club' and to a major extent the Trust helped to promote the club in that vein, but when it came to selling the club a major shareholder of that 'family' was deliberately cast aside.
    A hell of a decision to make, one that has seen a percentage of the Trust committee split over taking legal action, but is there any alternative? Or do we continue to call out the sell-outs on forums, put up with their mocking on social media while being condemned by some of our fans for not taking any action. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

LlanjackcimlajackSeaJackenaitchJeff_CowbridgeNatterjackdeekayMark_Jack_LondonBigG
  • Under the stewardship of the current owners, with the cooperation of the sellers in allowing them to buy the club, they singlehandedly devalued the shares of the second biggest shareholder, mainly through relegation. The truth of the matter is that the sellers afforded no protection to a fellow shareholders stake in the club. I’m assuming that the shareholders agreement was designed with this in mind but we all know that they trampled all over that. I can see no other alternative for redress especially as the Trust has been frozen out of any decision making and they have no means currently to offset any downturn in fortunes. As it stands they don’t have the means to save the club in any way shape or form.
  • Whatever the differing views on legal action,I find it very hard to imagine the the apologist views so extensively detailed by Whitemountains in this thread could be made by anyone with no connection to the Sellers.
    It would be more courageous if he/she admitted this.
    I am a trust member and voted for legal action and would never be chary of admitting that fact.
    enaitchLlanjack