Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Swans v Nottingham Forest - Championship 2019/20

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Swans v Nottingham Forest Championship game on Saturday 14 August 2019 at 3:00pm.

Referee James Linington will be assisted by Mark Russell and Daniel Leach, with Charles Breakespear the 4th Official for the game.

Take a look at the Swans v Nottingham Forest Head to Head Stats.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Steve Cooper's pre or post match comments, team selection and don't forget to submit your score prediction for our Swansea City Prediction League.

Comments

• 3-0. Baston hatrick. Simples.
  • Forest have beaten Brum and Derby 3-0 at home, beaten Fulham and drawn with Leeds and Charlton away from home and drawn with Preston.

This is far from a walkover and a big banana skin. The most likely result is a draw, but I’m hoping for a 2-1 win
    Mark_Jack_London
  • these will be a tough nut to crack.

their away record this season is better than their home one - draws at Charlton and Leeds, and a win a Fulham.

Plus, I dont think they had any players away on international duty either.
  • should it be September not August
  • 2-0 clean sheet. Borja and Ayew
  • I hope....believing in Steve Cooper and his staff and our Swans squad that...

The swans will continue in their ability to keep racking up the points.

Hopefully soon getting out of second and third gear and then pity help the teams facing them, away from home and especially on our home turf.

Three(3) points Saturday 3-0
    JoHPompeyJack
  • Agree entirely with @Mark_Jack_London - this will be tough and a potential banana skin. However, there is a reason nobody has stormed the Liberty in the last 6 months barring Man City (and they were VERY fortunate). I am going for a narrow home win - but still deciding on exact score.
    Watching the Forest keeper tonight is interesting, he might have a bad back from picking the ball out of his net.
  • Jackareme said:
    Agree entirely with @Mark_Jack_London - this will be tough and a potential banana skin. However, there is a reason nobody has stormed the Liberty in the last 6 months barring Man City (and they were VERY fortunate). I am going for a narrow home win - but still deciding on exact score.
    Watching the Forest keeper tonight is interesting, he might have a bad back from picking the ball out of his net.
    Don't think Muric will be playing, Samba has been the first choice in recent matches
    Jackareme
  • Carvalho will probably be back for Forest, Joao not Carlos.
  • So, can anyone with time on their hands tell me,  B) how many Likely first team players have been on international duty during this break, from both sides. I ask this because I feel that we shouldn't start with Celina on Saturday, as I think he is too lightweight to cope well with the 2 international appearances & a game on Saturday. JMV
  • What astounded me was how easily Celina was muscled off the ball at one point against one of the England players. He appeared to have control of the ball but was soon dispossessed. If there’s one fault I can place at his feet so to speak, it’s his refusal to lay the ball off to one of his teammates when he is likely to lose it. He will be better suited as a sub on Saturday in light of the shifts he put in for Kosovo.
  • StephenR said:
    So, can anyone with time on their hands tell me,  B) how many Likely first team players have been on international duty during this break, from both sides. I ask this because I feel that we shouldn't start with Celina on Saturday, as I think he is too lightweight to cope well with the 2 international appearances & a game on Saturday. JMV
    On the Forest site it said that the Kosovo keeper Muric and Welsh U21 player Johnson were on International duty. Johnson has only made one sub appearance this season while Samba has been Forest's recent keeper.
    Roberts and Rodon played in both Wales matches as did Celina for Kosovo.
    Jack Evans, Liam Cullen and Ben Cabango played in both Wales U21 games as did sub Oli Cooper.
    Nordfeldt was a non-used sub for Sweden in both International games they played.
    Don't think Ghana had an International match, couldn't see any listed until next month.
  • These footballers are well paid professionals and should be able to play when required. I would expect Rodon if fit and Roberts to be the first names on the team sheet especially as we are top of the table and have what appears to be a very confident set up at the moment.
  • Being well paid doesn't keep someone at peak fitness through a long season. People applauded Giggs for giving the new centre half partnership another chance to work together on Monday but both picked up knocks that have put them in doubt for their next club games. Routinely playing two 90 minute games in 4 days is taking a risk for any professional.

Connor and Joe both started to flag Nov/Dec last season, and training is more intense this season with less focus on pacing out the players compared to under Potter according to Grimes. Cooper didn't sound particularly impressed with them being involved on Monday (didn't watch the game, either).
    Jackareme
  • At least we have Wilmot to come in. 

Routs/Byers for Dhanda please. 
  • Getting a kick before half time and the manager not making a sensible decision during a non competitive match to subsistute at half time, is the reason there is a potential problem.

Poor management by Giggs, but then that’s what I expect from him.
    Jackareme

• Not bad for someone easily muscled off the ball and doesn’t pass the ball enough to team mates
    Pablo
  • edited September 12
    These footballers are well paid professionals and should be able to play when required. I would expect Rodon if fit and Roberts to be the first names on the team sheet especially as we are top of the table and have what appears to be a very confident set up at the moment.
    jeez Nazi efficiency eh! ;) Vorsprung durch technic.  :o your post works great when read in a German accent

I'm kidding! ;)
  • Getting a kick before half time and the manager not making a sensible decision during a non competitive match to subsistute at half time, is the reason there is a potential problem.

Poor management by Giggs, but then that’s what I expect from him.
    Also said in the interview that Joe wouldn't have wanted to come off. poor management!? come on.....any chance you get to denigrate Giggs. He's not broken his leg. He got a slight knock in a contact sport. 

• Not bad for someone easily muscled off the ball and doesn’t pass the ball enough to team mates
    He had a very good game...took his Swans form into the international arena. Celina is a gem, glad he's one of ours. Class act.
  • @pablo interesting view of good management.

Giggs, “ I don’t think the player would have wanted to come off, so I’ll let him play the rest of the half and the next half with a knock, because Its always been my philosophy that all Welsh Players always want to play every minute for Wales including unimportant friendlies. I always did!”

I hear bells ringing from something being pulled.

It’s not entirely his fault, he just isn’t up to it as a manager. 

• Celina is too good to be left out in my view, keep his confidence going. 
  • My comment was about an isolated incident in the game which, I believe lead to an England goal. He does tend to frustrate at times when he doesn’t release the ball early enough to a teammate and then gets dispossessed. I’ve seen it enough times to get exasperated about it but having said that he is still a class act as stated by Pablo. I’m sure he will play an important part in our promotion push as the season grinds on.
  • @pablo interesting view of good management.

Giggs, “ I don’t think the player would have wanted to come off, so I’ll let him play the rest of the half and the next half with a knock, because Its always been my philosophy that all Welsh Players always want to play every minute for Wales including unimportant friendlies. I always did!”

I hear bells ringing from something being pulled.

It’s not entirely his fault, he just isn’t up to it as a manager. 

that's just your opinion. which is ok. But I find your reasons don't hold much water and this is a classic example. plus that quote is totally made up by you and contains your obvious prejudice, based on some old grudge that he didn't turn up for friendlies. Really? that's your basis for judging his managerial credentials? something that has absolutely nothing to do with managing? Even though we all know Fergie was the one stopping him from attending friendlies....you'll be telling me he's not Welsh enough next!
    Sometimes springheeled you make good valid contributions and introduce good talking points, but this is just you and a silly personal grudge, and I'm not even a big fan of Giggs! 
    If you give  some valid criticism of his methods of coaching or something managerial related, then I'll take you seriously. Until then I'd leave that line alone if I were you, until you've something more concrete to call evidence
  • see our manager named manager of the month, well done to him but is that the kiss of death to our home form mmmmmmmmm?
  • Time to buck the trend and for him to be named manager of the month all season long.
    Chris_Sharman
  • @Pablo happy to discuss Giggs management style or lack thereof but off this thread, as it isn’t about Giggs per se it’s about our next Match and Joe Rodon.

So set up a thread, And Ill happily comment
    jasper_T
  • You brought up Giggs not me. I've no interest in setting up a thread about it either. I don't have an axe to grind, whereas you obviously do. Go ahead set it up if you want, but it's fair to say you've already made up your mind and your arguments aren't exactly logical. Would be pointless until there is something to talk about, as we're just 4 games into qualifiers
  • Just judge by what I see, and what I have seen, isn’t good for Man Utd or Wales let’s judge by whether we qualify, I’ll happily admit I was wrong if we do. 

Presumably so so will you if we don’t.
  • Pablo, you have about a dozen axes to grind, not just one. Give it a rest FFS. You really are a pain in the arus, with a contrary view on everything - do you belong to the flat earth society too ?
    jasper_TNatterjackPablogarythenotrashcougar