Football betting site Betway

Kemy Agustien

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-kemy-agustien-training-16899781

Sad to see, that he is having to train on his own.I wonder if there is an ex club of his who could allow him to train with their u23s?

Comments

• https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-kemy-agustien-training-16899781

Sad to see, that he is having to train on his own.I wonder if there is an ex club of his who could allow him to train with their u23s?
    There is obviously an underlying issue with him, because it couldn't be about his ability on the pitch!
  • We don’t support Brum. This is the second time in a very short time, I’ve started to feel embarrassed about our approach to ex players.

Its easy to take the capitalist view of the devil take the hindmost, but I’d like us to be better than that. Would it ruin our club to allow the guy to train with the u23s
  • Not if people feel he could be a bad influence.
  • People think our u23s is just a few lads having a kick around. Costing us £4m a year but let's open the doors to any randoms to join in, right?

Kemy Agustien is far from a charity case.
    Llanjack
  • I've never understood why our fanbase is so obsessed with him. He's a waste of space who blows every chance he gets.  
  • edited September 11
    I expect our u23 training to be challenging, you have to be fairly dim to think their training is just a kick around. I still haven’t heard any reason why he couldn’t take part with their training. 

I also don’t see why Wilf couldn’t have been training with our u23s
  • Maybe one of them is not someone you would think of as a role model for our youngsters. 
  • Well if which ever one you are talking about, doesn’t behave then he has had his opportunity and blown it. That’s fair enough.
  • I expect our u23 training to be challenging, you have to be fairly dim to think their training is just a kick around. I still haven’t heard any reason why he couldn’t take part with their training. 

I also don’t see why Wilf couldn’t have been training with our u23s
    If it's not a disruption to training why not suggest they train with our first team? 

We owe them nothing. Very well paid for their services during their time here.
    Llanjack
  • @jasper_T    You don’t train with the first team unless you are likely to play for the first team.

As to the rest of your comment, you obviously know the price of everything
  • I expect our u23 training to be challenging, you have to be fairly dim to think their training is just a kick around. I still haven’t heard any reason why he couldn’t take part with their training. 

I also don’t see why Wilf couldn’t have been training with our u23’s
    Are you that naive to think that there are some players, even ex-players who would not be a good role model for young professionals.
    Best to leave these decisions to the professionals I think.

• The issue is why can’t we extend a non financial courtesy to an ex player. As I have said if it’s abused fair enough, out they go.

Is your comment so naive that you think, or believe the club thinks Wilf isn’t a good professional, so couldn’t be extended this sort of courtesy.

I still find it sad that Wilf had to go to Newport to train.
    barry
  • @jasper_T    You don’t train with the first team unless you are likely to play for the first team.

As to the rest of your comment, you obviously know the price of everything
    So why should someone train with the u23s if they're not going to play for the u23s? 
    Llanjack
  • Why should our coaches spend time and energy on ex-players? Why should we take on insurance costs for ex-players to participate in group sessions? Why do ex-players deserve chances to use our facilities in place of young players we've released who have yet to have a career in the game? 
    Llanjack
  • That depends on the sort of club you are. Clearly you believe the u23s wouldn’t learn anything good from experienced players. I don’t have your transactional approach to everything. 

By the way players can pay for their own insurance.
  • I’ll give you an insight into a true story about Kemy Augustien.
     A very close mate, was on a flight to Ireland.
     Who is sitting next to him? yours truly Brendan Rodgers. 
    At the time,Kemy was carrying a slight injury, and we had a tough game coming up. 
    So my mate, can’t believing his luck, being an ardent Swans fan, asked Brendan what were the chances of Kemy playing ?
    He said... “It all depends how he feels”
    This was said with an eyes rolling, you know what I mean, kind of look. 
    And that’s from his manager !
    Seems to sum him up really. 

• The issue is why can’t we extend a non financial courtesy to an ex player. As I have said if it’s abused fair enough, out they go.

Is your comment so naive that you think, or believe the club thinks Wilf isn’t a good professional, so couldn’t be extended this sort of courtesy.

I still find it sad that Wilf had to go to Newport to train.
    I was referring to Kemy
  • That depends on the sort of club you are. Clearly you believe the u23s wouldn’t learn anything good from experienced players. I don’t have your transactional approach to everything. 

By the way players can pay for their own insurance.
    Clearly you believe the u23s wouldn't learn anything bad.

The u23s are not a halfway house for temporarily embarrassed professionals. To act like they should be is disrespectful to the work done with young players. As if they should be excited to work with Kemy Agustien as opposed to programs drawn up by experienced and qualified coaches.

It'll be Rangel next.
  • Not at all, ex-players can and should be used more by the club. If they misbehave they should be told to leave. Not that difficult.

I can imagine Wilf being a real positive if training with the u23s. Personally I don’t have your personal bias against Kemy, or Angel, or in fact lots of other ex-players.

There are lots of examples of clubs who keep a very close relationship with ex-players.
    jasper_T
  • As I mentioned before, its best to leave it to the professionals within football clubs to make decisions on whether to allow former players to integrate with the first team, the U23's or the club's younger age groups within the academy. It's bad enough when parents try to influence club employees let alone keyboard warriors like ourselves declaring how positive it could be for the club. 
    deekay
  • Perhaps with a real professional at the helm, Trevor Birch, being brought up in Liverpool and his experience at many clubs, we will see a more inclusive approach to future, existing and past players.

In fact, I believe he is already ignoring the naysayers we have around, with his initial inclusion of Curt, development of Leon into a director of football and the likely future involvement of Wayne. He seems to understand the need to develop the Swansea Family approach and hopefully there will be more steps in that direction.

Then we can say to players, “You need to be behave and be better, you are a Swansea player after all.”
    Jackareme
  • The one thing Trevor Birch I feel will not be saying to players is, "You need to behave and be better, you are a Swansea player after all." These ex-players, even the likes of Rangel who attempted to engineer above to Fulham not so many years ago, are not school kids, or even Ferrie Bodde who was back and fore Jenkins's office in search of a pay rise in the short time he was at the club. They are well paid professional sportsmen who in most cases attempt to get the best possible deal for themselves.

Trevor Birch has highlighted Wayne Routledge's intelligence in numerous meetings with the player, while many fans can see that if Birch offered him a non-playing contract when he retires from playing, especially during a period when finance was scarce at the club, it would be seen as being affordable to the club, and an asset to the professionalism of the club off the field. Yet the same player if you listened to so many Swans fans in years gone by was labelled a liability and a complete waste of space.
  • Manager after manager chose him ahead of the pack and are still choosing him when he’s fit. It’s a total testament to how invaluable a player he has been for us.
  • edited September 13
    @SeaJack You are absolutely right, and I believe TB is giving out very strong messages, even if they aren’t using words exactly, he’s doing it with his personal behaviours.

The behaviours at the club have improved steadily since TB arrived, and most of it before we started winning consistently, yet even the fans have changed their behaviours. Now fans will get upset if we start losing, but that doesn’t change the behaviour improvement TB has presided over so far.

By the way it is quite normal in any workplace for employees to push to get paid what they feel they are worth. It’s how it is done that counts. If the demands can’t be met, then we sell him, that’s how it works in football. 

He is also putting in structures, with trusted individuals, to embed the approach, if but probably when he goes. He will leave a legacy and hopefully it includes a family club, with the family including ex players.
  • @SpringheeledJack I have been reading this thread with interest over the past few days and whilst I agree with your sentiments regarding ex players there is no way every ex player can be accommodated.

Yes let's bring back players who have given good loyal service like Leon, Lee Trundle and Alan Tate but helping Kemy is stretching it I mean he played less than 50 games (47 in fact) for Swansea.

Also there has to be some benefit and definitely no downsize as were are a business not a charity and at the end of the day he is just an ex-employee who was paid his salary at Swansea City FC

Q. How many players since Kemy left have played 47 or more games for Swansea?
    A. I have no idea but we can't let them all come and train whilst they look for a new club!!

• SeaJack said:
    Manager after manager chose him ahead of the pack and are still choosing him when he’s fit. It’s a total testament to how invaluable a player he has been for us.
    Personally speaking, i am not disputing Routledge’s quality as a player, but fans have short memories and not so long back he, as well as Naughton were hammered by the same fans who are now agreeing that he will be a good fit for a job at the club after he retires.
  • Quite right Col, unfortunately most of those fans sit either behind or at the side me . Loudmouthed ****.
  • Kemy sadly is just one of man,an absolute class player but as they say in the trade he’s a wrong un! Our first game in the premier against Man City first half he was the best player on the field.