Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Swans v Stoke City - Championship 2019/20

Comments

• Can't say they don't deserve it. Smashing underdog performance.
  • Unreal, what has happened to us ?
  • Absolute load of shite
    Connor Roberts Grimes Fulton to name a few have not got a clue how to pass
    What the F_ _k are they doing 
    It has been looking like an an away game with no clue
    Cannot handle being top of league
    What Cooper is doing with them for home games I do not know

Not getting promoted with playing like this
    Have looked like scoring majority of the game 
    Why the F_ _k Celina is being kept on the wing as well I dont know
    No width no midfield 
    Defence keep laying the ball about instead od getting the ball up field 
    Once again 
    Absolute crap
  • Stoke wanted it more.

Cooper needs to have a serious team talk straightaway.
    Unbelievable! 

• Cooper needs to look at himself and his training staff
    Because they are surely doing something different since the Leeds win
    Absolute crap
    Playing like the teams were other way around in table
  • typical and as a lot of us feared...a team fighting for their lives obviously a false position...Clucas got booed and answered them the best way possible with a goal and could have had a hatrick...Carter vickers was immense and Joe Allen man of the match. A wake up call for the Swans who were woeful. Second best all over the pitch.
    Stoke deserved winners....and the team need to assess what went wrong. An almost carbon copy of what we did to Charlton.
    Bugger
  • edited October 5
    The diamond did for us. Couldn't play through the middle, and only one wing was functional after Naughton went off. Like for like subs and no change of shape in response, again.

Cooper needs to look at himself and his training staff
    Because they are surely doing something different since the Leeds win
    Absolute crap
    Playing like the teams were other way around in table
    We were hardly smashing teams before that. We've been open but in the early matches lucky and very clinical. 
  • Pablo said:
    typical and as a lot of us feared...a team fighting for their lives obviously a false position...Clucas got booed and answered them the best way possible with a goal and could have had a hatrick...Carter vickers was immense and Joe Allen man of the match. A wake up call for the Swans who were woeful. Second best all over the pitch.
    Stoke deserved winners....and the team need to assess what went wrong. An almost carbon copy of what we did to Charlton.
    Bugger
    Pablo how DARE you criticise our players. Call yourself a fan? Bloody neg head!
  • Jasper T
    I agree
    But at least the team looked like they were a team and were trying for everything
    Today is the worst display this season for certain
  • Gary TTC
    Presume that is sarcasm and in fun
    Otherwise it would seem that you were blinkered today, presume you were not tho'
    The team definitely should be criticised today and the manager and staff
    They were dreadful
    Even Woodman should be looking to pump ball up field more often 
  • Since the last International break we have managed 5 points from 15 and 1 from 9 at home, not exactly promotion stuff in the last 5 weeks, lets hope next weeks break see's us do a lot better.
    Today against Stoke we were awful, giving the ball away on simple passes, take nothing away from Stoke they are better than a bottom of the table team but how many last minute goals do we have to conceded before we learn. 
    Lets just forget about all of September and half of this week and nobody gets injured playing Internationals
  • Tiredness looked a factor. Charlton made 5 changes for today's game with Fulham, and could press high and well. We made 0. Naughton picks up a muscle injury. We know training is more intense this season.
    rob_h
  • Trouble is,
    Is Cooper now starting to look out of his depth ?????
    Question not a statement
  • edited October 5
    I thought that if we scored first that Stoke would put their heads down and we would get more goals, Naughten went off after 16 minutes but we played well until around 20 minutes when Stoke started to get onto it. When stoke scored on 22 minutes, they seemed to have a huge surge of energy and were playing like their lives depended on it.

Our fans booing Clucas and Allen all game didn't help, it just fired them up x 10. The more that Stoke became up for it, fighting for everything, the more deflated we became and just played badly.

We did have a few spells where we played well, all of them corners in succession I thought we could have got something, but  Joe Allen was playing out of his skin, he had a superb game and he was a massive inspiration to the rest of the Stoke players.

Why do we play worse at home, and our passing becomes so bad at times?
  • Gary TTC
    Presume that is sarcasm and in fun
    Otherwise it would seem that you were blinkered today, presume you were not tho'
    The team definitely should be criticised today and the manager and staff
    They were dreadful
    Even Woodman should be looking to pump ball up field more often 

Morriston Jack - after a performance and result like that, I think you presume correctly. I was just basking in the irony of the self-appointed forum PC Plod turning into a bent copper!
  • I had a feeling this was going to happen and let’s be fair the championship is much of a muchness.theres no way stoke are a bottom team just like there’s no way we are a top team.im afraid it’s going to be like this all season it’s going to be survival of the fittest. Just enjoy it.as long as we’re competing.sc is learning.still think a big African cm is a must for us!
    jasper_T
  • edited October 5
    Our players looked tired out. This seems to have been our main problem.

In hindsight Cooper should have put a rotated team out full of players with fresh legs. We were OK up until 20 minutes, then Stoke were getting more fired up but we were looking really fatigued. How can we get tired after only 20 minutes?

Only 2 days rest after Wednesday,  should have been just some easy light training, I'm not sure if they did too much or not, but why did the players get so tired?

It would have been much better to put a fresh team out similar to the one we had against Watford I think now (in hindsight). 
    Jackareme
  • Why does SC keep playing Celina out wide and keep subbing him? Do we want to win matches? He's our best effing player, stop subbing him ffs! 

Dhanda played like a 15year old schoolboy today but he subs Celina. 

Why do we not play wingers?  Ayew and Celina can't play out wide.

What is SC saying to the players at half time? Every time we come out at home after the break we are awful.

Unacceptable shite today. Played like they had never met before. Shambles. 
  • Too many players had an off day. Roberts, Celina, Fulton, Grimes, even Woodman.

Don't think Dhanda should be anywhere near the starting eleven. Especially against a big physical side. Should have had Routs in the 10 role.

Still in a good position with some easier games to come so hopefully we can crack on after the break.

Unlucky to play a Stoke side full of good players who suddenly decided they wanted to play.  They should be at least top 6 with that squad. Idiots booing Allen and Clucas couldn't have helped. Fücking braindead, some fans. 
    Pablorob_h
  • Gutted! gotta win ur home games, weird to loose to a team that are bottom with all there problems at the moment , but it happens  like that ! as greavsie  you to say "it's a funny ole game " ime glad in a way we lost to them ,  N jones needed a break !felt sorry for theIr him , the stick he's  been getting!  its typical of the game these days ,win win win at all costs , hope it gives a bit of breathing space the jacks will be back are we away next ? We seem to be playing better away from home !
    Pablo
  • rob_h said:

In hindsight Cooper should have put a rotated team out full of players with fresh legs. We were OK up until 20 minutes, then Stoke were getting more fired up but we were looking really fatigued. How can we get tired after only 20 minutes?

Only 2 days rest after Wednesday,  should have been just some easy light training, I'm not sure if they did too much or not, but why did the players get so tired?

It would have been much better to put a fresh team out similar to the one we had against Watford I think now (in hindsight). 
    If you gauge a lack of fitness in playing a match two days back what does that say about Stoke's dynamic performance today after playing a game 3 days back. They had more desire, rode the conceding of the first goal and created more chances than our team. Stoke pressed in all the important areas of the field, rode their luck with the referee over some vigorous, illegal challenges and should have gone in at half-time ahead.
    Joey, their no. 8 and no.27 controlled the tempo of midfield while the lack of good service to Baston made even Carter-Vickers look a good player along with c/back Batth.
    Plenty for Cooper to think about but no doubt the Stoke right back Edwards relished the challenge today far more than when he was roasted time and time again last season by Dan James that saw him receive a red card after 60 minutes. 

• barry said:
    They should be at least top 6 with that squad. Idiots booing Allen and Clucas couldn't have helped. Fücking braindead, some fans. 

Absolute worst thing to do, it always fires the player up and very often they get a goal as they go for it so much.
    barry
  • rob_h said:
    barry said:
    They should be at least top 6 with that squad. Idiots booing Allen and Clucas couldn't have helped. Fücking braindead, some fans. 

Absolute worst thing to do, it always fires the player up and very often they get a goal as they go for it so much.
    Worked last season. Clucas was practically crying and we battered them.
    rob_h
  • jasper_T said:
    Worked last season. Clucas was practically crying and we battered them.
     He seemed to be thriving off it today.
    barry
  • edited October 5
    Colin_swansea  I think with us we only had 2 days rest, and the Charlton game our players gave it everything, so it was a very hard fought game. 

My main point is that the 2 days afterwards should have been all about recovery, but they looked exhausted so were they trained too hard? 

Stoke may have rested their players better. I'm just guessing as to why we should get tired out after only 20 minutes playing.
    barry
  • The reason we look exhausted is because we aren't keeping the ball and controlling games.

We have improved defensively in open play and set pieces, and we have become far more clinical in front of goal, but it is masking structural issues in a midfield where Fulton can't pass 5 yards, Grimes seems to have been affected by being made captain, and a lack of a No10 to link midfield and attack because Celina is being played out of position on the left.

The possession stats are down, the passing accuracy is down, the stats don't lie
    Wyn
  • Pablo said:
    typical and as a lot of us feared...a team fighting for their lives obviously a false position...Clucas got booed and answered them the best way possible with a goal and could have had a hatrick...Carter vickers was immense and Joe Allen man of the match. A wake up call for the Swans who were woeful. Second best all over the pitch.
    Bugger
    well I'd call it a fair assessment myself but your humourous response is noted. 
  • rob_h said:
    Colin_swansea  I think with us we only had 2 days rest, and the Charlton game our players gave it everything, so it was a very hard fought game. 

My main point is that the 2 days afterwards should have been all about recovery, but they looked exhausted so were they trained too hard? 

Stoke may have rested their players better. I'm just guessing as to why we should get tired out after only 20 minutes playing.
    rob
    9 players started for Stoke today that lost at home to Huddersfield last Tuesday. When a team is winning, especially away from home everybody wants to play in the next game, but if you lose a mid-week fixture perhaps then a manager will look for alternatives.
    Make no mistake we were shit today and second best throughout the field after the opening 15 minutes. Stoke's 3/4 man press from our goal kicks upset us to such a fashion that when we went long it came straight back. Mis-placed passes from Connor, Hoorn, and even Grimes while the introduction of Byers at least improved the passing stats.
    Plenty of thought for Cooper but what was disappointing was his perhaps lack of pace out wide with Garrick's introduction rather than Routledge, or even playing with 2 strikers when we were reduced to hitting the ball long from Woodman.
    YJB07
  • Pablo said:
    Pablo said:
    Bugger
    well I'd call it a fair assessment myself but your humourous response is noted. 
    Ah right I see, when you tear into the players it's "fair", but of course when anyone else does it, then it's not on. Glad we've cleared that up Pablo, at least we all know where we are now
  • rob_h said:

If you gauge a lack of fitness in playing a match two days back what does that say about Stoke's dynamic performance today after playing a game 3 days back. They had more desire, rode the conceding of the first goal and created more chances than our team. Stoke pressed in all the important areas of the field, rode their luck with the referee over some vigorous, illegal challenges and should have gone in at half-time ahead.
    Joey, their no. 8 and no.27 controlled the tempo of midfield while the lack of good service to Baston made even Carter-Vickers look a good player along with c/back Batth.
    Plenty for Cooper to think about but no doubt the Stoke right back Edwards relished the challenge today far more than when he was roasted time and time again last season by Dan James that saw him receive a red card after 60 minutes. 

We didn't make Carter Vickers look good....he is good, it's just that fans didn't appreciate how good. Booing former players also didn't work, not very bright and it's proved to be catalyst also. 
    Stoke knew a loss and it was the manager sacked, so they played for him and if they do that every game they will rise up the table fast. By contrast we were complacent and second best. Really strange how it was a mirror of the Charlton game. 
    I don't think though it requires us to get too negative. Sometimes you just have to credit the opposition, and this is one of those times. 
    A young kid died and the fans gave  deserved applause, that also put it into perspective for me...it is after all only a game.
    rob_h