Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Slovakia v Wales - Euro 2020 Qualifier

edited October 11 in Wales
This is the place to discuss all things related to the Slovakia v Wales Euro 2020 Group E Qualifying game on Thursday 10 October 2019 at the City Arena Trnava.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, team selection and score prediction for the game.

Kick-off is at 7:45pm and the game will be shown live on S4C and Sky Sports Premier League.

Comments

• Ramsey out. Hopefully fit for Sunday.
  • Hope Giggs has realised the error of his ways and goes with a traditional striker up top and not Bale. Bale is great at a lot of things, a conventional '9' is not one of them
  • I don't think he is aware of anything wrong in his "system". The fault is usually someone else's.
    Never him. 

I really dislike him. 
    Pablo
  • edited October 10
    What is it you object to Natterjack? Success? What will your opinion be if we qualify? This anti Giggs thing has me baffled. One of the greatest footballers ever, and also welsh.
    jasper_T
  • Pablo said:
    What is it you object to Natterjack? Success? What will your opinion be if we qualify? This anti Giggs thing has me baffled. One of the greatest footballers ever, and also welsh.
    I can sum it up Pablo as a sense of entitlement and not the most brilliant tactical brain. I also fear he is not the man to inspire a dressing room. Undoubtedly a great player, questionably Welsh, and a pretty shoddy human being  - does that help you out?
    PabloNatterjack
  • Its not questionable he's welsh. He was born in Cardiff. I was born in Swansea, spent years inLondon and England. So am I welsh? Not strong enough. And why is he a shoddy human being? Because of gutterpress stories. Ah well. Fans not the most tolerant.
  • Pablo said:
    Its not questionable he's welsh. He was born in Cardiff. I was born in Swansea, spent years inLondon and England. So am I welsh? Not strong enough. And why is he a shoddy human being? Because of gutterpress stories. Ah well. Fans not the most tolerant.
    You don't actually doubt that he was shagging his brother's wife for years, do you?

He's a clueless manager who always put his club first as a player and spends more time at Salford and United games than watching Wales players in action. Every international break he comes out with something that shows how out of his depth he is (if the performances aren't enough), be it thinking Mepham and Rodon hadn't played much together before, or not knowing whether David Brooks is back in training or not.

Bob Bradley was awful but it could have been so much worse had we hired Giggs, who managed to talk himself out of a nailed on appointment in his interview.
    barrygarythenotrashcougarNatterjack
  • @Pablo
    He represented England as a kid - and had an allergic reaction to pulling on the Welsh jersey in non competitive fixtures. I think there are legitimate questions about how Welsh he is.
    Agree about gutter press - but take this Telegraph report as an example Ryan-Giggs-sex-addict-Manchester-United-star-had-third-affair.html - yes you can be a love rat and a manager - but I think it is pretty clear that Ryan is not  "stand up guy".
    I also have first hand reports of the "presentation" he made when applying for the Swans job -  combination of lazy preparation and lack of vision.
    I am prepared for him (and will be delighted) if he proves me wrong - but my gut tells me entrusting one of the strongest ever generations of Welsh youngsters to his stewardship is a huge error.
    Time will tell my friend - and you are entitled to your opinion.
    PabloNatterjack
  • Surprised  people  questioning  being Welsh , born in Cardiff , both his parents Welsh , his father played rugby union  for Cardiff before  going north to play for Widnes ,

Chose to play for Wales after Captaining  England schoolboys  ,

My team for tonight 

Hennessy  ,

Robert's,  Rodon , Williams,   Davies  , Taylor ,

Allen ,  Wilson ,

Bale ,  Moore ,  James  ,

Not sure if I have enough Swans or ex Swans  lol
    Pablo
  • He was never eligible to play for England. Went to school there so could play schoolboys, but Wales was his only option for senior international football.
    Mark_Jack_London
  • edited October 10
    looks like 4-2-1-3 to me, unless Ampadu plays in a back 3

• jasper_T said:
    He was never eligible to play for England. Went to school there so could play schoolboys, but Wales was his only option for senior international football.
    I cant believe that you are still having to say this.
  • 4-2-3-1 standard. Joniesta as the '10' by the looks of it. Lockyer and Rodon at centre half. Tough game but 2-1 I'll go for
  • jasper_T said:
    He was never eligible to play for England. Went to school there so could play schoolboys, but Wales was his only option for senior international football.
    We should be grateful as his only option that he put in the odd appearance then.
    Natterjack
  • Yes yes , Dan to Keiffer Moore 1 nil , great cross and header ,

Deserved  for Moore won every header  so far 
  • Jackareme said:
    jasper_T said:
    We should be grateful as his only option that he put in the odd appearance then.
    Grateful for all the tournaments we went to thanks to him, eh.
  • Great goal by them. But the way the ref is throwing yellow cards at us, it’s only a matter of time, when he gives a dubious penalty against us. 
  • More compelling evidence again tonight that Giggs is not up to the job.

Tactically clueless, odd selection decisions, doesn't know his best team, weird subs, no discernible pattern of play. 

Wasting the best crop of talent in all positions we've had since the early 90s. 

Hope the FAW have had their fill of selfies with him by now. Time to get rid pronto.
    Natterjack
  • edited October 10
    Agree @garythenotrashcougar. Need to do everything to get Osian Roberts back from Morocco and give him the top job. Giggs just isn't up to it
    Natterjack
  • We had more of a pattern than in recent games - bang it up to the big man.

We tried to defend like a top side at home, leaving our fast attackers ready for a counter rather than tracking their fullbacks. And the 10 didn't drop into midfield either so no wonder they constantly had men free central. Might have worked for Fergie, but that ain't us.
  • Depressing stuff. This is a good crop of players being led a merry dance by the pied piper of managers. They need someone who can bring the best out of them.
    Natterjack
  • Post match analysis about old Giggsy - has he had a total irony bypass or does he just never reflect on his own career? Hilarious if it wasn't my Country!!

Ryan Giggs has already lamented in this campaign that the nature of international football is that you never know who will be available for selection, but he continues to tinker with both his formation and personnel.
  • Still mad we had a good opportunity for a counter stopped by poor vaseline use. Physios should've wrapped him up first time like Slovakia did their lad.
  • Yep Jasper. You could see that the counter was on for a potential winner. So frustrating and what were the physios thinking not to strap his head in the first place?
  • jasper_T said:
    Pablo said:
    Its not questionable he's welsh. He was born in Cardiff. I was born in Swansea, spent years inLondon and England. So am I welsh? Not strong enough. And why is he a shoddy human being? Because of gutterpress stories. Ah well. Fans not the most tolerant.
    You don't actually doubt that he was shagging his brother's wife for years, do you?

He's a clueless manager who always put his club first as a player and spends more time at Salford and United games than watching Wales players in action. Every international break he comes out with something that shows how out of his depth he is (if the performances aren't enough), be it thinking Mepham and Rodon hadn't played much together before, or not knowing whether David Brooks is back in training or not.

Bob Bradley was awful but it could have been so much worse had we hired Giggs, who managed to talk himself out of a nailed on appointment in his interview.
    You're fast becoming Andrew 3. Rant away if it makes you feel better. I've absolutely no interest in anyone's sex life or tittilating press of any kind, not football related so its irrelevant. To me anyway. All part of the tribal nature of football I've never felt a part of. And I'm glad too.
  • You don't seem too interested in analysing the football side either. Only on here to have a go at people who do.
    PablogarythenotrashcougarNatterjack
  • Having a go is not my intention. Having an opinion that doesn't fit with yours, irks you. I don't do excessive negativity either whereas you thrive on it. You'll just have to live with these differences.
  • I thought it was an encouraging  performance  , lots of heart and effort  , team was set up right  , Moore as target man did what he was asked to do , focal point of the attack , won nearly all his headers and scored a good goal , took a battering  through the whole game and his marker rightly  sent off ,

We didn't  keep and pass the ball as good as everybody  wants , this probably  down to 2 very inexperienced  centre  backs which is understandable  ,

Substitutions  good Ampadu not getting enough game time , and a silly booking needed to come off ,
    Jonny William's  worked his socks off , Harry Wilson made a good impact  from the bench ,

A game we made enough  chances to win , I know people  don't  like Giggs   , many didn't  like Coleman  , just give him a chance  ,

Wales lots of talented  players , but no centre forward to lead the line  ,

Gareth Bale not the player he was in 2016 !
  • Pablo said:
    Having a go is not my intention. Having an opinion that doesn't fit with yours, irks you. I don't do excessive negativity either whereas you thrive on it. You'll just have to live with these differences.
    You don't post anything beyond "I don't see why people are being so negative about x/y/Fulton". That barely qualifies as an opinion so it does irk people when you get all high and mighty about it. 

Applauding your own lack of engagement and insight.
    garythenotrashcougar