Football betting site Betway

Sunday 27th

If all goes to plan with the rugby, it could be a great day. World cup semi final at 0900 probably versus South Africa followed by Swansea v Cardiff at 12. 

Should we let all the Cardiff fans watch the rugby with us together, supporting the nation as one, before we go our separate ways for the football?

Highly unlikely I know!!
Webmaster

Comments

• Who gives a toss about rugby, this is a football site about Swansea City FC. 

Rugby is a crap minority sport whose only real purpose in Wales is to serve as an excuse for excessive drinking and wife beating.

http://www.cowbridge-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=111938&headline=Tackling the 'deep cultural problem' of sport-related domestic violence&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2017

• Oh Gary, wrong again. It is a post about both sports and I would say most Swans fans on here do care about rugby, leaving you in the minority again.
    DDWTPablo
  • Whilst this is indeed a Swans football forum, there is also an area for general discussions in 'The Lounge' - which is where Alex has moved this thread :)

Personally I like to see Wales do well whatever sport it is and rugby is no different. 

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that if Swansea RFC were playing, Brett Johns was in a UFC bout or, as per last night, Jay Harris the boxer from Swansea was fighting - I'd support them too.

I always played rugby but also supported and went to watch the Swans whenever I wasn't playing (or training) - so in my case yes I do care about rugby and the Swans  :)
  • Oh Gary, wrong again. It is a post about both sports and I would say most Swans fans on here do care about rugby, leaving you in the minority again.

Oh I don't doubt for a minute I'm in the minority @RugeleySwan, but I'm also factually correct - it is technically a minority sport, in Wales it is used as an excuse for irresponsible drinking, and it does have inextricable links with violence, especially of the domestic kind. 
  • Cowbridge today, a reliable source! Maybe this is where you get all your information from :D
  • Yeah but Gary, it's not because of rugby, its idiot's drinking all day. Boxing, horse racing and the Burry Port carnival probably have the same effect, in smaller scales obviously. 
  • Couldn't give a flying.

Crap sport.
  • Yeah but Gary, it's not because of rugby, its idiot's drinking all day. Boxing, horse racing and the Burry Port carnival probably have the same effect, in smaller scales obviously. 
    Dear me, talk about being wilfully ignorant of the facts. I have literally made it easy for you by posting those links, they tell you everything about Welsh rugby's clear link to violence yet you choose to indulge in whataboutery instead. Incredible.
    Pablo
  • Afternoon Gary, sorry for the late response. Just getting back from the pub after 12 pints with my breakfast, watching the rugby this morning. Don't worry I sent the wife to her mothers for the day.
    Arch_StantonPablo
  • No need to apologise Rugeley Swan. Each to their own, I hope you enjoyed. I'm glad we've established I was factually correct though, and not "wrong" as you'd suggested. That's the main thing. 
  • No need to apologise Rugeley Swan. Each to their own, I hope you enjoyed. I'm glad we've established I was factually correct though, and not "wrong" as you'd suggested. That's the main thing. 

You are dead correct about it being a minority sport, I think its just about National fervour, 70,000 plus crowds for Internationals in all 5 of the 6 Nation matches, then lucky to get 4000 in club matches unless they are derbies. Don't get me wrong I would love Wales to do well but as for watching it week in week out, then I am with the majority its football. 
  • edited October 2019
    The bias towards International rugby and a day on the piss at the Principality Stadium is quite embarrassing when you consider how much rugby is suffering at local level and even more so in professional club rugby where if the Welsh RU had their way would do away with one of the four regions in favour of bankrolling a region in North Wales.

A bias to the extent, the dumbos in the Welsh Assembly fail to understand what financial benefits Ireland is getting from worldwide exposure when promoting the Open Golf. It’s difficult to comprehend, apart  from politics, why Royal Porthcawl or Celtic Manor are continually being ignored to host such a prestigious tournament.

One would have thought the huge impact the Ryder Cup made in Wales a few years back would have sown the seeds for the bidding of future golf tournaments, especially the Open.
    garythenotrashcougar
  • Hi Colin , there has been talk about the Open coming to Royal Porthcawl  , not sure if the infrastructure  and hotels are up to supporting this huge event , Carnoustie  was taken off the rota  for the above problems  , new Hotels built and back on the rota ,

Celtic Manor will never host an Open , as it's not a links course ,

Had the pleasure  and honour  of working  at the Walker Cup in Royal Porthcawl  in 1995 and the 2010 Ryder Cup at the Celtic Manor wonderful  memories  of both ,
  • Hi Malcolm,
    When you look at some of the Opens held in Ireland one just wonders if Royal Porthcawl is that remote from Swansea, Cardiff and Newport, where there are ample hotels to accommodate fans. 
  • Hi Colin , 
    Northern Ireland only have Royal Portrush  on the Open rota ,  that is what I heard  in the past about  hotels and infrastructure  that is the village and car parking  , not sure if Porthcawl  is long enough to host the event 
  • 27th promised to be a cracking day of sport. Hopefully Wales make the semi-finals to make a great day all round.

• edited October 2019
    I am always amazed when I see the number of Rugby Clubs playing across South Wales in the E,Post sport results supplement each week.A lot of participation going on there it would seem.No doubt the Social side is a big draw,possibly better than falling into the current Social Media world obsession.
    In last night's paper there are 24 separate divisions across Wales,3 being in the North.
  • there might be a lot of rugby clubs around but most of them are struggling not only for finance but also people to play the game. The same applies to local football.
    Local councils have a lot to answer for regarding facilities not only for rugby and football but for cricket in the summer and bowls.
  • No doubt Gary thinks cricket is a minority sport as well!
  • there might be a lot of rugby clubs around but most of them are struggling not only for finance but also people to play the game. The same applies to local football.
    Local councils have a lot to answer for regarding facilities not only for rugby and football but for cricket in the summer and bowls.
    Though there are a lot of rugby clubs around, there are 3 within 2 miles of me, 4 if you count Neath,they all have the same problem.
     Encouraging young players to take up the game and running children/youth sides is a major issue.
    Swansea entering the Premier League captured the attention of a huge swathe of local children, it's easy to spot with the sheer volume of replica kit on display.

• For me the only match that matters on the 27th is the game at the Liberty and hopefully another win for the Swans. Most locals on the Sunday would I think be hoping that Wales are playing so that the pubs will open earlier than usual s9 they can sup a few in readiness for the big match of the day in Wales.
    barrygarythenotrashcougar
  • Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

I wan't to see Wales do well but there'll only be one game on my mind that day