Football betting site Betway

SWANS FOR SALE

edited October 13 in Swansea City
According to the Sun.
£38m + £15m add on if promoted to the Premier League within 5 years.

Comments

• edited October 13
    From the Sun...

PAY US WHAT WE SWANT

12 Oct 2019 at 22:30 by Alan Nixon

SWANSEA chiefs are prepared to sell at a reduced price of £38million.

But they will demand a £15m bonus if they make the Premier League inside five years.

The unpopular American duo of Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan have seen their dreams broken in Wales since their relegation to the Championship.

Now insiders say they are open to approaches at a realistic price rather than face the further misery of cutbacks.

The valuation has dropped since they sold Daniel James and Oli McBurnie, and sources say groups from around the globe have shown interest.

Swansea, a point off top spot in the Championship, have slashed the payroll since going down and a couple of other big earners will leave at the end of the season.

However it would take investment from the Americans to get back to the big time and that is not in their planning.

So a proper offer and an extra payment if the next owners go up will clinch a deal.
  • Opens the doors for Martin Morgan etc. as well as the sell-out lovers.
  • Someone said Birch is heading one consortium?? How true is anyone’s guess but I heard it in August 
  • Sell it for 38M seems a high price, considering we don't own the ground.  All players sold have seen of any debts, if there were any, however it looks as if sales well exceeded purchases during their time. Players wage bill is slashed beyond recognition, however now would be an excellent time to sell before the transfer window opens. to stop them selling more. As for 15M extra if promoted, that's an absolute no, if we do get serious people in and they invest in the team, then why should they pay someone for their success. They have been paid by 28 investors, so it remains. What did they actually pay Morgan and Jenkins.
    Derby County is for sale for 60M, they own a stadium worth 60M with a capacity of 35,000 which they would fill regularly if promoted and are getting in excess of 25,000 now, The Sunderland owner is another greedy ****, he paid 5M with the previous owner writing of the debts, he now wants the same as the Swans owners and bonuses for promotion.
    If we are lucky enough to sell, then please no more consortiums, hedge funders or anyone looking to make big bucks out of our club, lets hope for a rich guy who loves football and counts success as football achievement rather than money. Nobody has ever got rich out of football and got success on the field and that includes Man Utd, City, Chesea
  • I said when he was first appointed that Trevor Birch was here to facilitate the sale of the club and that has come to fruition. If he is being charged with finding new owners I am reasonably confident that he will find fit & proper ones who I hope will then keep him as the figurehead. 
    garythenotrashcougar
  • Didn't they tell us on a short while back they were in it for the long term and we won;t be getting rid of them anytime soon???

Can't believe it..... I feel conned  :smirk:
  • There's always been an asking price. There was one last season. It's now lower because the sales, that's the only headline.
  • Phillip said:
    Sell it for 38M seems a high price, considering we don't own the ground.  All players sold have seen of any debts, if there were any, however it looks as if sales well exceeded purchases during their time. Players wage bill is slashed beyond recognition, however now would be an excellent time to sell before the transfer window opens. to stop them selling more. As for 15M extra if promoted, that's an absolute no, if we do get serious people in and they invest in the team, then why should they pay someone for their success. They have been paid by 28 investors, so it remains. What did they actually pay Morgan and Jenkins.
    Derby County is for sale for 60M, they own a stadium worth 60M with a capacity of 35,000 which they would fill regularly if promoted and are getting in excess of 25,000 now, The Sunderland owner is another greedy ****, he paid 5M with the previous owner writing of the debts, he now wants the same as the Swans owners and bonuses for promotion.
    If we are lucky enough to sell, then please no more consortiums, hedge funders or anyone looking to make big bucks out of our club, lets hope for a rich guy who loves football and counts success as football achievement rather than money. Nobody has ever got rich out of football and got success on the field and that includes Man Utd, City, Chesea
    Technically Derby County don't own the stadium. Mel Morris bought it off himself to pass FFP.

Sunderland's current owner was presented as a local fan who'd scraped some investors together. Grass isn't always greener.
  • Careful what we wish for, we want the owners out at all costs but who’s to say the next lot won’t be worse, at least our owners haven’t loaded us with debt and have us pretty much on an even keel
  • Jac said:
    Careful what we wish for, we want the owners out at all costs but who’s to say the next lot won’t be worse, at least our owners haven’t loaded us with debt and have us pretty much on an even keel

You're now at the point where we can only see your toenails. 
  • Have  I missed something?--I thought the club bought the Liberty a few months back.If so presumably the stadium would be included in a sale.
  • moorlands said:
    Have  I missed something?--I thought the club bought the Liberty a few months back.If so presumably the stadium would be included in a sale.
    We took on the operating costs in place of the rent we were paying, the club doesn't own the asset.
  • jasper_T said:
    Phillip said:
    Sell it for 38M seems a high price, considering we don't own the ground.  All players sold have seen of any debts, if there were any, however it looks as if sales well exceeded purchases during their time. Players wage bill is slashed beyond recognition, however now would be an excellent time to sell before the transfer window opens. to stop them selling more. As for 15M extra if promoted, that's an absolute no, if we do get serious people in and they invest in the team, then why should they pay someone for their success. They have been paid by 28 investors, so it remains. What did they actually pay Morgan and Jenkins.
    Technically Derby County don't own the stadium. Mel Morris bought it off himself to pass FFP.

Sunderland's current owner was presented as a local fan who'd scraped some investors together. Grass isn't always greener.
    Didn't say grass was greener, just stated the comparisons. One man puts money up and only seeks an investor who pays the club what he has already put in for the ground, The other is just one more who is trying to make a buck. 
  • So, the end game is close, the £38m is laughable. Anyone who still thinks they have not already had the £63m plus a healthy profit back must really be living amongst the fairies.

They have done exactly what I said they would do, see us relegated , sell every scrap of asset we had (under the false name of balancing the books) 

When and only when they have had the profit they required, they will sell for a nominal fee, if they can not sell it , the last parachute payment will be taken, and club dumped into administration. 

It is to the letter as I have have posted many times for years, if they can sell anyone in January they will, anyone at all for any fee, the will be out the door.

They would like some mug to come along waving £38, at them, its not going to happen, the figure of £5m I posted two years ago will be closer to the end game,if its not forthcoming, even £1m will be fine, so they can leave asap.

If we do not find a buyer, then administration is where we will be. They have made a healthy profit, now those that say they can not remove money from the club, need to wake up, we will shortly see how much they have taken, just after they leave would be my guess.

However, do not for one moment lay any blame at all at the Americans door, they simply followed the Jenkins/Morgan plan to the letter, as posted a long time ago.
    jasper_T
  • If the court hearing is a success for the Trust and they have £15mil awarded to them, then an amount between 20,000 fans of £1150 each buys the club. Voila. The perfect recipe for a Jacks owned football club. Is there the appetite for it though?
  • SeaJack said:
    If the court hearing is a success for the Trust and they have £15mil awarded to them, then an amount between 20,000 fans of £1150 each buys the club. Voila. The perfect recipe for a Jacks owned football club. Is there the appetite for it though?
    sadly, I can't see the Trust getting to the High Court for judgement day.
  • SeaJack said:
    If the court hearing is a success for the Trust and they have £15mil awarded to them, then an amount between 20,000 fans of £1150 each buys the club. Voila. The perfect recipe for a Jacks owned football club. Is there the appetite for it though?
    Not when the fans want "ambition" shown via further investment from ownership every year.
  • Andrew2 said:
    So, the end game is close, the £38m is laughable. Anyone who still thinks they have not already had the £63m plus a healthy profit back must really be living amongst the fairies.

They have done exactly what I said they would do, see us relegated , sell every scrap of asset we had (under the false name of balancing the books) 

When and only when they have had the profit they required, they will sell for a nominal fee, if they can not sell it , the last parachute payment will be taken, and club dumped into administration. 

It is to the letter as I have have posted many times for years, if they can sell anyone in January they will, anyone at all for any fee, the will be out the door.

They would like some mug to come along waving £38, at them, its not going to happen, the figure of £5m I posted two years ago will be closer to the end game,if its not forthcoming, even £1m will be fine, so they can leave asap.

If we do not find a buyer, then administration is where we will be. They have made a healthy profit, now those that say they can not remove money from the club, need to wake up, we will shortly see how much they have taken, just after they leave would be my guess.

However, do not for one moment lay any blame at all at the Americans door, they simply followed the Jenkins/Morgan plan to the letter, as posted a long time ago.
    Andrew,
    all fans are wanting to see is proof that the owners have taken money out of the club as you state, not over the wall gossip, or agendas against our previous directors.

Since re-inventing yourself on this forum, after a recent poor run of results I might add, not once have you congratulated Birch on the many initiatives he has instigated at the football club. It must have really knocked your ego to see somebody at last year running the club as a professional organisation, and obviously within any budget the owners had given him.

Yes, what you fail to say, and what most sensible people realise is that when somebody with the track record that Birch possesses is brought into a football club, there is the possibility / probability, that he will not only steer the 'ship to calmer waters' but also be the correct man, as he has done at other clubs, to find a more viable person to buy the club.

As for selling anybody, whether it was this summer or in January, why would the owners countenance keeping Ayew and Baston on the wagebill rather than offload them on loan, even if the loan was subsidised. 

Instead of repeating your conspiracy theories, just show us where and how the money has gone out of the club. Some might find it hard to comprehend but administration isn't that far away for most football clubs and it doesn't take a Masters degree to find out that should it occur, who the white knights will be riding in to 'save the club.'
  • The idea that we have been secretly really profitable over the last few years - to the tune of tens of millions of quid - when every other football club outside the PL loses money hand over fist before player sales is laughable.

At best they've taken out a few million in interest on money they've lent the club, and other "consultancy fees", which compared to what the sellouts were doing with the academy construction contracts and the production company set up to make the puff piece advert for themselves is nothing.
    Mark_Jack_London
  • jasper_T said:
    moorlands said:
    Have  I missed something?--I thought the club bought the Liberty a few months back.If so presumably the stadium would be included in a sale.
    We took on the operating costs in place of the rent we were paying, the club doesn't own the asset.
    Thanks JT I must have been asleep when the Stadium changes took place.Sort of reassured though that presumably the City still own the facility.
  • jasper_T said:
    The idea that we have been secretly really profitable over the last few years - to the tune of tens of millions of quid - when every other football club outside the PL loses money hand over fist before player sales is laughable.

At best they've taken out a few million in interest on money they've lent the club, and other "consultancy fees", which compared to what the sellouts were doing with the academy construction contracts and the production company set up to make the puff piece advert for themselves is nothing.
    You mean the contract Jaxx Bay tendered for and won, keeping all jobs local, there was probably a Cardiff company up against Jaxx Bay and perhaps a few from England so I don't understand what your beef is?
    As for the tender process, Gwylim Joseph was project director at the time (god rest his soul), a stickler for the rules and had little time for Mr Morgan so unless Jaxx Bay's price was in-line with the other, they wouldn't have won the contract.
  • However unpalatable the owners seem, I am glad they have not saddled us with debt, live within your means is always the best and if you can't afford it, don't buy it.

• Colin
    I have seen little in what Birch has done to be happy about. He was brought in with a view to sell the club and put distance between the owners and the club.
    ASs for Ayew, nobody wanted him at any price, so any thought they somehow fought to keep him here is laughable.
    As for some vendetta against the old Directors is silly, I thought we had moved on from name calling ?

As for my conspiracy theory Colin, if you and others, including those at The Trust at the time, had listened , maybe , just maybe we would never have been in this position.

What proof are you waiting for ? An image of of them walking out of the Liberty with a sack of cash ?

Listen, if you think for one moment, these people and their mates dumped £63m into a football club, then walk away with £38m if they are very lucky, then you need help with your perspective of life.

Think now Colin, all the money that has gone through the club, from Gylfi's £40m up to James and Mcburnie £35m and all in between, including the parachute payments, they have not taken back every single penny plus a profit ? If you think otherwise, god help the intelligence of the average Swans supporter.

While you think about it, ask yourself why The Trust only is allowed to see the management accounts ? Have a stab in the dark Colin, why do you think that is ?

Why do they not see bank statements ? Why not full accounts ? Why the need for non disclosure agreements when The Trust even want a conversation ?

If you think they have just lost £25m even if they find a buyer for £38m, then you really are away with the fairies.

Vendetta my arse, grow up.
    garythenotrashcougarMark_Jack_London
  • How many businesses show their bank statements to all their shareholders? Most have to make do with an annual set of accounts. It's not the sure sign of a conspiracy like you're making out.
  • Really Jasper ?
    Carry on believing Jasper , give my love to Santa and The Easter Bunny when you see them.
  • Reality is football clubs don't make money outside the top division. Or is every set of owners in the Championship rinsing off tens of millions and cooking the books as well? 

We spent that £40m for Gylfi on a load of tosh if you don't remember. £8m to borrow Renato Sanches, plus Clucas, Abraham, Bony, Ayew and Mesa. Monster wage packets to players we're still playing. 

Your calculator's broken if it's telling you Levein and Kaplan have been happy with this investment. Sold a lemon and watched it plummet in value.
    Mark_Jack_London
  • edited October 14
    @Andrew2

I think you do Birch a disservice there, there's no one more cynical and hard to please on this forum than me, but he has done some excellent work since coming in, on and off the pitch. He deserves credit for it. 

The rest of your post, I think you make some very good points. Especially about the lack of transparency. You've had the customary pasting for it, because if you put anything up like that on these boards, the usual suspects are on it like a pack of hounds demanding solid, hard evidence. There's a very simple way to respond to that, and that is to spin it right around and ask them what evidence they have to prove it isn't happening. Funnily enough, to date I've never received anything like a convincing answer.

But is anyone calling them conspiracy theorists? No. Because it blows their little minds to think of the worst case scenario, that we are and have been taken for a ride. 

Until the full story comes out, and we get the transparency and the whole truth that disproves any wrongdoing, you and anyone else who retains a healthy suspicion have every right to continue asking questions. The hounds have no right to try and shut down that line of questioning.
  • edited October 14
    Andrew,
    if you can't see what changes Birch has made it no doubt ties in with your opinion of his appointment.

Can you prove that no club came in for Ayew or is it yet another assumption.

The reason we are in this position is the decisions made post Laudrup. Yes, hindsight tells us action should have been made by the Trust, but decisions were made at the time and we all had to abide with them even if we didn’t like it.

What financial papers have been made available are checked regularly by more than one Trust official and yes, forensically I dare say there are ways money can be hidden from inspection, but at the moment it is all guesswork on anybody's part. And surely, bank statements as you say would be the first paperwork checked in the club's monthly accounts. But do you actually know what official papers are scrutinised by the Trust?

I have no doubt our owners have not lost any money when they purchased the club, but there again we are not talking about corner shop people running a company.

As for needing help with my perspective of life then that is your opinion but what I have always said on this forum is that I am available to talk to anybody face to face about my thoughts of the football club over a coffee or a pint.

P.S. I don't believe in shouting down debate or transparency whatever gary says, all I look for is substance in a post rather than take posts for granted. 
    Mark_Jack_London
  • When people type a load of nonsense about how much money we must have made against all available evidence they deserve shutting down. Take five minutes to look at the state of football finances across clubs in the UK and you'll realise how dumb the argument is.
    Mark_Jack_LondonPablo