Football betting site Betway

Getting worse every game Get rid of Cooper

I have watched every game this season.
I have now finally come to the opinion that Steve Cooper hasn't got a clue what he is doing.
The last couple of games his selection has been screwing the team before kicking a ball.
His substitutions seem to do nothing.
The team/squad have an opportunity to get promoted.
BUT NOT WITH STEVE COOPER.
Time to get rid of him
I would usually be one of the last to put this on here but we need a manager that understands football

Comments

• I would normally say sacking a manager after 12 games or even in a season achieves nothing, but there is something seriously wrong with this guy's approach and his refusal to change formation?
  • edited October 22
    Don't bother turning up unless Cooper is sacked

He will have us losing that easily Swans 0 - Cardiff 3.....at least
    That really hurts to write that
    But Cooper is making the Swans a more crap team as each game passes....worse than Bob Bradley and that is saying something

• Not just his refusal to change formations
    He cannot even use the right players in their best positions
    If Celina isnt in No. 10 role surely Ayew should be 
    Neither are wingers
    Grimes should not be captain
    Give it to Ayew or VDH
    jasper_T
  • No no no..Birch is the second coming (as many on here have testified) and couldn't possibly sign a manager who doesn't know what he's doing.

Cooper is Pep #2 in the making just you watch.

????????????????
  • edited October 22
    It is easy for us to see and determine if Birch knows what he is doing ....is when he sacks Cooper .....
    Hopefully this week
  • That is abit unjust morriston. He is a young manager learning his trade, but I agree that he needs to listen to his coaches and make changes. Was always going to be a bumpy ride.
  • My heart says not, perhaps Curt or Leon can provide some advice but my head says wrong choice. Routledge for me if we really want to play the way we should.
  • Sorry Dai
    But he is showing not only his inexperience but his arrogance to keep doing the same week in week out
    Time for him to go so that a new manager can maybe still get this decent squad promoted
    Otherwise
    we are heading for relegation under Cooper
    Have nt felt so negative about a manager since Bradley or Cullis
  • But we knew he was inexperienced at this level, but he has one a major competition. I agree that his refusal to change is worrying.
  • Daitumble said:
    That is abit unjust morriston. He is a young manager learning his trade, but I agree that he needs to listen to his coaches and make changes. Was always going to be a bumpy ride.
    They're his coaches, that have worked with him at the same level (plus Margetson).
  • He’s a manufactured coach no experience at league level.been working off spread sheets and manuals.and was a winner of coach idol!
  • Let’s be realistic, he’s not going to be sacked anytime soon. 
    As much as I’d love to agree with you MjD. 
    For a start, do you honestly see the Yanks forking our more compo, to get rid ?
    No chance. 
    Unless Tommy Cooper gets help, from wherever, I wouldn’t like to predict where we go from here. 
  • Sunday is a make or break game. Lose and I can't see Cooper around for much longer. Get a win and we can try for a restart to our season. But he must stop playing central midfielders on the wing and pick our best player every game, in his best position. 

• Anyone got a Cardiff ticket for sale?
  • MarkG said:
    and pick our best player every game, in his best position. 

But Joe looks injured.
  • Seriously give the guy a chance!
    Pablo
  • Sacking him would achieve nothing.
    There is no point in us getting promoted as we would be straight back down with the current squad. I seem to recall that Birch or the Board have said that this is a 3 year plan in the process. That is what it will take to get a stable strong squad that would stand a chance of surviving in the Premiership, if we were promoted. 
    It is going to take time and patience to get a style of playing that works, there is no point in a knee **** reaction after a few bad results. Yes, we are playing poorly but I believe behind the scenes Coper has been told to try and build around the youngsters with a long term view of them getting more experience. I believe the senior and high earners will be moved on at the end of the season and we have to be patient with the building process so that we have a good well performing, young strong squad in 1-2 seasons time.
    jasper_T
  • Yeah don't try too hard to go up, that would be a bad thing!

Give over.
  • The 3 year plan began with Potter so this is the 2nd year of that project. What was required from Cooper according to the remit he was under was to continue where GP had left off not to reset. I’m failing to see at this moment in time where the continuity is but tomorrows game will indicate whether there is more to come from these players or they’ve hit a ceiling with Cooper.
  • Watching Leeds and Sheffield wed today leeds is football is on another planet to sheff wed.i think Gary monk is making a name for himself in the Sam alladyce Neil warnock mold.i hope sc isn’t going Down that route.sheff Wednesday are well organised very physical got a good spine in iorfa bannon fletcher but are not exciting to watch typical Gary monk team.
    SeaJack
  • Don’t you just hate to see Brighton playing so well?
    Every time I see them, I’m thinking, that should be us. 
    Did the Yanks mislead him, on the fact that the high wages owners had to go?
    That they would hardly bust a gut to back him and his plans for the future?
    If they had possessed any foresight whatsoever, they could have had The Willy Wonker Golden ticket, of getting back to The Premiership. and receiving  a second return on their investment, on more or less a shoestring budget, to start with. 
    I thought initially, with Cooper’s start to life in Swansea, and the good football we were playing....”The King is dead, long live the King”
    But I’m starting to think that good start, was down to the players, still having GP’s thoughts in their heads. 
    Lets hope this isn’t the case, and he turns things around, starting today. 

COME ON WALES!!!! 
    COME ON THE SWANS!!!!
  • I have watched every game this season.
    I have now finally come to the opinion that Steve Cooper hasn't got a clue what he is doing.
    The last couple of games his selection has been screwing the team before kicking a ball.
    His substitutions seem to do nothing.
    The team/squad have an opportunity to get promoted.
    BUT NOT WITH STEVE COOPER.
    Time to get rid of him
    I would usually be one of the last to put this on here but we need a manager that understands football
    14 games in, joint second in the league, I think the sun is getting to you Mr S
  • Jolly boy 
    I have had more time to review my opinion since the Brentford game and I do believe that I may have posted a bit hastily.
    It was a post actually quite in line with a number of other peoples opinions that I have read.
    But we can all get things wrong sometimes.
    I will be going back to my usual stance of giving a little more time after games before posting I think so that it is a logical thought out post rather than an emotional one

What do you reckon

mind yu there is still a lot of work to be done by SC and the squad
  • @Morriston_Jack_Dubai

Don't back down just because the thought police are taking over the forum again.

Brentford was Brentford - dreadful, abysmal, appalling, whatever negative adjective you want to add. You were quite entitled to your opinion and as you say you weren't out of step with what several others were saying, myself included.

I've read your comments about the Cardiff game - you didn't seem all that impressed, I disagree, but again you are entitled to your opinion as are those (like me) who thought it was a drastically improved performance.

What spins many people out on these boards is when someone is highly critical one game, then gives high praise the next. It doesn't fit their contrived little narrative where other posters must be placed in boxes 'happy clappy', 'negative' etc. It blows their fragile little minds to think that someone can - shock, horror! - change their minds game to game, week to week, based on what they just saw.

So don't back down - if you think something is shit, say it, and have the courage of your convictions, knowing you have the right to change your mind at any time  :grin:
  • edited October 29
    Hi Gary
    Not backing down just giving myself more time to make judgement.

Hope fully all will change for the good with the squad and Steve Cooper

I do not usually criticise our team or individual players or management but offer I believe constructive criticism.

But I do believe that my comments were as a result of such a disappointing performance against Brentford and based on emotion instead of fact 

I was nt initially all that impressed about the Cardiff game but I also think that was based on the shit refereeing in the Wales South Africa game getting to me too

If you re check my posts for the Cardiff game I have highlighted the fact that I re watched the whole game and posted somewhat more positively I believe.

As you state My right to change 
    As usual you have posted a reasonable well pointed post and I am more than happy to respond
  • Jolly boy 
    I have had more time to review my opinion since the Brentford game and I do believe that I may have posted a bit hastily.
    It was a post actually quite in line with a number of other peoples opinions that I have read.
    But we can all get things wrong sometimes.
    I will be going back to my usual stance of giving a little more time after games before posting I think so that it is a logical thought out post rather than an emotional one

What do you reckon

mind yu there is still a lot of work to be done by SC and the squad
    Couldn't agree more Paul
  • MJD

I also sat and watched a re run of the game, and on reflection, I thought we were not as good as we appeared live. There is a massive issue with us being unable to keep possession, we seem utterly incapable. This has to be down to coaching ?

If we go back to Roberto (again) he took the same players, and transformed them in a couple of weeks, to a side that kept the ball, and wouldn't give it back. We were getting there under Potter, not to the same level, but we were getting there.

We now look no different to the majority of teams in this league, huff and puff. We need to also consider, Cardiff were woeful in every aspect of their game, from the keeper trying to give us a few goals, to the constant belting the ball as high and far as possible, they were abysmal, a disgrace to modern football.

So, I did post we were slightly better, and better balanced, however, we still can not keep the ball, and the level of opposition was barley Welsh League from the 70s.

So, as for Cooper, to me, he has a long way to go before we can say he is having any positive influence, as I see it, not a single player has improved under him, unlike Potter, who brought on and improved a number of players in a very short space of time.
    Pablo
  • Hi Gary
    Not backing down just giving myself more time to make judgement.

Hope fully all will change for the good with the squad and Steve Cooper

I do not usually criticise our team or individual players or management but offer I believe constructive criticism.

But I do believe that my comments were as a result of such a disappointing performance against Brentford and based on emotion instead of fact 

I was nt initially all that impressed about the Cardiff game but I also think that was based on the shit refereeing in the Wales South Africa game getting to me too

If you re check my posts for the Cardiff game I have highlighted the fact that I re watched the whole game and posted somewhat more positively I believe.

As you state My right to change 
    As usual you have posted a reasonable well pointed post and I am more than happy to respond
    yes quite a climb down from the person who began this thread! but I'm glad you saw the kneejerk reaction to a loss was ridiculously premature. we are still after all only 14 games in with 32 games to go...plus we're 2 points off top spot, and won the derby with plenty to spare. It's not surprising on reflection that you got some flak, but welcome back into the fold! Hopefully you will consider in future and not start a mini stampede with an emotional post. We need, all of us to be better losers. We aren't going to win every game. Criticism is always a good thing but only if it is measured and can be backed up. Plus it's never nice to see criticism boil over into abuse. Footballers and coaches are after all only human. so in a sense this whole thread is now closed, resolved and a truer reflection of reality.
  • For me it was the sheer exasperation of seeing nothing of note of the team as a whole to take some from the experience of going 0-3 down from a Brentford team that we should have been able to compete against. Looking back now, had we taken our chances when they were fashioned by the team late in the game then we could have drawn if not won it. However it all felt like too little too late when the players did finally start to compete. It did feel like the wheels had finally come off Cooper’s wagon for the Brentford game but thankfully wheels can be fixed and put back on. My only gripe about the Cardiff game is that we only managed the one goal out of so many golden opportunities to put them away.
  • the cliche - one swallow does not make a summer - comes to mind. One or two games don't decide a team's fate. Players aren't robots...once in a while they under perform. I've played enough football myself to work that one out. The Championship is far far more competitive than the money ruined Premier league. Every game in the Championship is a hard game as we found out against Barnsley. All we need do is back our young squad and refrain from getting caught up in bluster. I'm all for constructive criticism...but calling for the manager's head after a couple of losses is a stretch too far to credibility, hence the backlash. 
This discussion has been closed.