Football betting site Betway

Comments

• I've heard a whisper that he's out of today's game and booked in for an op tomorrow, expected to be out for 4 months. 
  • Why  the feck did Cooper start him Tuesday?
    Jackareme
  • Out for a couple of months and needs an operation.
  • different injury, not related to the previous ones.
    J4cka
  • When you "favour" one party of the body to protect it, it often ends in an injury somewhere else. Biggest sh1t call that Cooper has made was playing Joe unnecessarily against Brentford. STUPID!!!!
    deekayWyn
  • it was obviously a mistake to have played him.

everyone bar the manager, player and medical staff knew that.
  • You’ve changed your tune. 
    When I said....”why the feck did Cooper start him Tuesday?”
    Your response was....”different injury, not related to previous one”

• blown out of all proportion. Joe probably played because he was fine on Tuesday, then aggravated it...though I noted it was a called a new injury. Players get injured all the time and we'll miss Joe but it could've happened anytime and to any one of our players, and will! it's called an act of God, not something to blame on the manager though you'd like to 
    jasper_T
  • J4cka said:
    You’ve changed your tune. 
    When I said....”why the feck did Cooper start him Tuesday?”
    Your response was....”different injury, not related to previous one”

never heard of sarcasm?

I wouldnt have played him. BUT Cooper has a full medical team to advise him on the state of the injury, as did the player, to decide if he was risking it by playing.

I dont, and neither do you. And players play with injuries all of the time. 

Cooper has said this was a completely different injury. whether is was a result of playing with the previous ankle problem, only the medical staff can answer that. His language was that it wasnt related to the previous injuries.

• At least we don't have to put up with that odious ****** Andrew2 for a few days
    Mark_Jack_LondonChris_Sharman
  • He has reappeared. At times I find myself in agreement with him and to be fair on this occasion he is holding fire until a bigger picture presents itself. One swallow doesn’t make a summer as the saying goes and I’m sure that SC is fully aware of this and is preparing big time for Saturday.
  • It is really disappointing how certain posters continue to single out other posters for personal abuse just because they have a different view to them. 
  • Pablo said:
    blown out of all proportion. Joe probably played because he was fine on Tuesday, then aggravated it...though I noted it was a called a new injury. Players get injured all the time and we'll miss Joe but it could've happened anytime and to any one of our players, and will! it's called an act of God, not something to blame on the manager though you'd like to 
    I don't like to at all @Pablo, but when players are "touch and go" for two consecutive games in 4 days (Barnsley and Brentford) with an ankle injury and then pick up an ankle injury that requires surgery I make my own conclusions.
    If it is the same ankle then Cooper has potentially damaged the long term career of one of our finest prospects.
    If it is the other ankle then he took a risk in playing someone whose stability isn one leg was questionable - purtting unnecessary forces through the other ankle that ultimately is f*cked. 
    The first to me is close to a sacking offence - the second a STUPID and dangerous call with a young player.
    Keith
  • It also calls into question the medical staff that assessed him and gave the green light to play him. The least that SC could have done is sub him over the course of the 90 minutes.
  • One obvious example of an injury leading to a "fresh injury" is Morrison for Cardiff yesterday, who had one hand bandaged up to protect it and then fell and injured the other one. Two good hands and that probably doesn't happen. 
    JackaremeMark_Jack_London
  • Jackareme said:
    Pablo said:
    blown out of all proportion. Joe probably played because he was fine on Tuesday, then aggravated it...though I noted it was a called a new injury. Players get injured all the time and we'll miss Joe but it could've happened anytime and to any one of our players, and will! it's called an act of God, not something to blame on the manager though you'd like to 
    I don't like to at all @Pablo, but when players are "touch and go" for two consecutive games in 4 days (Barnsley and Brentford) with an ankle injury and then pick up an ankle injury that requires surgery I make my own conclusions.
    If it is the same ankle then Cooper has potentially damaged the long term career of one of our finest prospects.
    If it is the other ankle then he took a risk in playing someone whose stability isn one leg was questionable - purtting unnecessary forces through the other ankle that ultimately is f*cked. 
    The first to me is close to a sacking offence - the second a STUPID and dangerous call with a young player.
    so players aren't allowed to get injured anymore? lighten up a bit. We have cover luckily. no one wants to lose a player like Joe but I think you're letting your 'conclusions' go to your head a bit. Sacking offence...ha ha...you got me with that pearl....oh and on that other point. Yes Celina can do better but he still had a good game. These players aren't machines Jackareme. Human....they'll also go down with flu and get suspended for too many yellows too. 
  • If we don't look after our young players @Pablo I am not sure what the point of an academy is. Certainly if Cooper caused the long term injury of one of Wales's finest young talents (through playing him when not fit) I just don't see how you are happy to condone this - as you say our young players are not machines.
  • Your all forgetting  the player , if Joe says he is fit that's it , he plays , 

Good management  is knowing when to rest younger players for their benefit   , 
  • @Malc - now you really have lost me. 

Are you seriously saying that a 21 year old who wants to run through a wall selects the team? Sometimes players need to be saved from themselves. Anyone who saw Joe struggle through the Barnsley game would see that he was not right - we pay the manager to look after our young players and that might mean (like on this occasion) saving them from themselves. if we had no one else then it might be a case of "needs must" but Wilmot is a young player chomping at the bit for an opportunity and recognised by England at international level. Last year he was lining up against Juve and AC Milan at the San Siro.

But no - Joe wants to play on one leg - so sit back down Ben.
  • You missed the point  , if the manager asks the player if he is fit , he will listen to what he says , before the Brentford  game Cooper says he is touch and go   ,  he played ,

The second line says good management   is knowing when to rest players ,

A good example of injuries in sport is Liam William's getting injured  in training before a World Cup rugby Semi Final , 
    Wyn
  • Agreed @Malc - Joe should have been rested against Brentford no matter how keen he was to play. When you are touch and go and have the south wales derby 4 days later and it is the 3rd game (potentially) in 8 days and he has been flogged on International duty - words fail me.
    Wyn
  • A good example of how to handle a player with a poor injury record is Lee Bowyer's handling of Jonny Williams at Charlton. Until his recent knee injury Williams has featured in most games for Charlton, but he's mainly only played 60 minutes or so, or been rested completely for midweek games. He's been instrumental in their unexpectedly good start to the season - so Bowyer's been rewarded for his smart game-time management. I can't help wonder if his knee injury wouldn't have happened had he not played twice in a week for Wales. 

We can't be sure that Rodon's injury was due to poor management on Cooper's part, but I'd like to think that he'll learn to be more cautious in future. 
    Jackareme
  • The lad played on for ten minutes with a broken foot last season, his opinion on his fitness is not to be trusted.
    Mark_Jack_LondonJackareme
  • he probably didnt know he'd broken it, tbf, Jasper. I know someone walking around on a broken metatarsal for a couple of weeks, in pain, but not thinking they'd broken their foot. 

But again, I very much doubt Cooper would have taken the risk of playing Rodon without consultation of the medical staff at the club, and had reassurance from them (as well as the player) that he was ok to play, and not at risk of hurting himself in such a way as has happened. He's not completely stupid!

Most players are playing with some kind of injury - how many of Sunday's team were kicked?

None of us know how bad his ankle was, or how much of a risk it was. 

And none of us know if that original injury had any impact on the subsequent one which has caused him to damage his tendon, and have to have an op. we dont even know if it was the same ankle! 

• Actually @Mark_Jack_London nobody actually knows anything about what goes on within the club. The best any of us can do is construct the little we see into a story that fit the known facts. You may be correct - but my hypothesis based on what I know and see is that I believe Joe was badly mis managed last week.
    SeaJackgarythenotrashcougarPablo
  • I seem to remember that Kalulu was treated with kid gloves after his knock at the start of the season. As JR is more important to the team than Kalulu in the scheme of things then surely they should have treated him the same if not more so? As for Kalulu himself what’s the latest with him? Surely the injury would have cleared by now?
  • SeaJack said:
    I seem to remember that Kalulu was treated with kid gloves after his knock at the start of the season. As JR is more important to the team than Kalulu in the scheme of things then surely they should have treated him the same if not more so? As for Kalulu himself what’s the latest with him? Surely the injury would have cleared by now?
    massive difference. 

Kalulu had badly torn ankle ligaments, and that was clear pretty early. No quick return from that.

Rodon got a bang on the ankle, twice. We dont know how bad it was, but if it was really as bad, then he wouldnt have played. Players play on after being kicked, and carrying knocks every week.

Can we just move on? He's out. We have other players to fill in. Ones that helped us win the first game without him.

Similar happened when Joe was out last season. 

We have a squad for a reason! 

jasper_TPabloChris_Sharman
  • There's an increasing air of inevitability, fitness permitting, about Joe Rodon's summer departure;

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rodon-man-city-arsenal-chelsea-17694236
  • If he has to go, then let a bidding war commence..
    JackaremeWyn
  • a whole lot of nothing in that article. Good players will attract interest always....must have been a space to fill.