Football betting site Betway

Sometimes football is relative to life

Great article on Club Site via our Nath and his miracle baby...…………….the references to his gaffer and chairman supporting him and his family are wonderful to hear in the world in which we live generally but especially in the environment in which these guys operate.

Makes me even prouder to be a Jack.

JackaremeSpringheeledJackmoorlandsSeaJackChris_SharmanPablobigoak

Comments

• edited November 4
    As you say, they are all flesh and blood not robots.We all need to be reminded of that.
  • Brilliant heart warming piece. We need reminding that the players are prone to the same human issues that anyone at anytime in their lives can encounter. Nice to have a thread like this as an antitdote to the 'McKay' thread, which I find distasteful. Shining the light on one  player is not very clever, especially as he's not even getting a game! Which must be frustrating for him, yet the judges see fit to focus on him. It's a sad reflection of the times we live in, and an example of mean spiritedness 
  • McKay like a lot of other players, Peterson, Aldo, Declan would benefit for a period of matches, then we can tell how go they are. However it’s getting that opportunity that is the problem.

Mckay has talent, but needs to get more involved. I hope he does get his opportunity along with the other players, but just one match in then back out isn’t enough.
  • McKay like a lot of other players, Peterson, Aldo, Declan would benefit for a period of matches, then we can tell how go they are. However it’s getting that opportunity that is the problem.

Mckay has talent, but needs to get more involved. I hope he does get his opportunity along with the other players, but just one match in then back out isn’t enough.
    more involved? what does that mean? there's a perception  that he's not involved....I don't see any evidence of that....I don't see behind the scenes at all in fact. He's not making match day squads. It's not his fault. The team has been doing so well that there hasn't been any need to go for players outside the matchday squad. my point is why is it people take pleasure from denigrating McKay...there's plenty of others not playing, and you'd think we'd concentrate on those playing rather than one who hasn't had a look in. I'm not even advocating for McKay...just fairness and voicing my opinion on this fan mentality to use certain players as punch bags while ignoring or absolving  others. He's a squad man...and if we're decimated by injury and suspension then he'll be needed. He is a peripheral figure, I know that, but it's a shame that he's attacked for it.
  • @Pablo A strange response. More involved is clear. When he gets an opportunity to play he needs to make sure he makes the most of the opportunity, by contributing a lot during the match.

McKay is one of the most creative players we have, but it is fair to say he rarely imposes himself on the match, in line with his talent. If he can do that then we will have a star on our hand.

The same thing applies to other players. If I use Surridge as an example, he has had very limited starts (4) including Cup matches and about 500 mins in total coming on from the bench.

For me Surridge has ‘got involved’ and  are the most of the opportunities he has been given. Just on Saturday he came on late in the match and had two very important contributions. First he chased and blocked a significant Wigan goal scoring chance and then made an excellent run into the box and scored a very significant goal for us.

Wilmot is another example of a player who has got involved and made the most of his opportunity.

Every player if they want to play needs to get involved significantly when they get their opportunity.

I do agree that critiquing players, especially when they haven’t played, is not constructive. Much better to wait until they play and then at least its possible to see how they have performed.

Pablo
  • If every time you are picked, and you show the same traits. IE. Not looking like you can be arsed to perform, for the time you’re on the pitch, then how do you expect the manager to keep picking you?
    garythenotrashcougar
  • If the opportunity arises, I’d like to see him have a run of a few matches at no 10. I think that is his correct position and we don’t tend to expect too much in defensive duties from that position either. Dhanda has had an chance in that position and McKay is technically a more creative player with an excellent shot.

Im hoping he will at least get opportunities in the FA Cup.