Football betting site Betway

Mckay

Must go out on loan or get rid, come the January window. 
If you go on past Rangers or Forest sites, their fans thought the same about him as us.....
“He became seemingly disinterested.” was one quote that certainly rang a bell. 
I think it’s a complete 100% head job with him. 
He thinks he’s a great footballer.
There’s only one problem with that, no one else agrees with him, including his last 3 managers. 
Makes you wonder who does the due diligence on these players?

https://seatpitch.co.uk/2019/03/30/barrie-mckay-struggling-at-swansea-city-following-nottingham-forest-departure/

Comments

• Trouble with McKay is who gets the drop to let him in. I’m sure someone commented after his last start that the manager was going nuts on the side line because he wasn’t contributing enough to the defence. Look at Saturday he brought a sub on that can do both on the left, he’s also competing with loan players that probably have it in their contract to have game time or return January to their clubs if not. He has also been unfortunate in that the manager has been refusing to play wingers at all. All this before we start talking about his own abilities, I’m not one to knock the lad normally for his faults but he never showed much reason to pick him when out with the u23’s recently.
    SeaJack
  • He obviously has talent. His debut for us at Sheffield United was excellent. And he has contributed some important goals on a few occasions. But most of the time he just lets games pass him by. I agree it's in the head. Question is how long do you wait - for me it went past that point long ago. 
  • I believe Barrie McKay is the latest in a long line of players we have seen over the years who have not fulfilled their potential for one reason or another.
    Some go on to better things at other clubs and others make careers repeating the same pattern.
    It’s frustrating. Which players have been your biggest disappointments over the years gone by?
  • Do we not employ the services of a psychologist who could perhaps delve into his mindset to find out whether it is something psychological or whether he's just naturally lazy ? There's definitely a decent player in there.
  • I would not waste anymore time / resources on Mckay we have better options within the squad (he must be 7th choice for the wing and 5th choice for No 10)

We need to sell him and move on

I'm personally not convinced there is a decent player in there, he lacks many attributes that make a decent player and whilst ever he can't put it all together then he for me can't be considered a decent player. I think he would struggle at League 1 (not technically that's about his level) but managers at that level would not put up with his lack of tracking back / tackling (these are fundamental attributes for a footballer at all levels).

So recoup as much as possible in Jan and get him off the wage bill.
    garythenotrashcougar
  • I feel that the club is flogging a dead horse with McKay. The question is who would take him on their books as a new signing?
  • Q is what he a "Potter" signing or a Big Nose one?
  • McKay, the bullies choice. I find threads like this sickening. A group get together to slam a player....who hasn't been playing, yet the mob have decided his fate.....like the Spanish Inquisition. Why did this thread have to be started? because there are nasty people with nothing better to do than attack individuals on a guestbook because they are of low enough personality to indulge in a bit of  bullying, armed with nothing more that a collection of prejudices and an arrogant assumption they know what they're talking about. 'his head has gone' What baloney.....and who gives a toss about other idiots on other forums who made the same claims. They're probably as brain dead as the ones on this. Barry McKay has not set the team alight but this scapegoating of one for pleasure is sick and is an indication of the shift in society. Really pathetic. Take a good long look at yourselves.
    moorlandsgarythenotrashcougarBob
  • Gardo said:
    Has to be the latter Mark
    Remember, if its a bad signing its Jenkins, if its a good one, its the manager
    PabloColin_swanseaMark_Jack_London
  • Pablo said:
    McKay, the bullies choice. I find threads like this sickening. A group get together to slam a player....who hasn't been playing, yet the mob have decided his fate.....like the Spanish Inquisition. Why did this thread have to be started? because there are nasty people with nothing better to do than attack individuals on a guestbook because they are of low enough personality to indulge in a bit of  bullying, armed with nothing more that a collection of prejudices and an arrogant assumption they know what they're talking about. 'his head has gone' What baloney.....and who gives a toss about other idiots on other forums who made the same claims. They're probably as brain dead as the ones on this. Barry McKay has not set the team alight but this scapegoating of one for pleasure is sick and is an indication of the shift in society. Really pathetic. Take a good long look at yourselves.
    I totally agree .This thread, and others like it,is pathetic.
    Just look at yourselves.What right have you got to dissect another human being,who you probably have never met ,in public and with anonomity.
    Life must be very empty if this sort of thing is important to you.
    Cheers guys,this is my lot .

PabloColin_swanseacimlajackBob
  • Social media gives cowards a voice
    Pablo
  • If the manager doesn’t see him in his plans for this season’s campaign then he has become surplus to requirements. He somehow has to make it impossible for the manager to ignore him as far as team selection is concerned. Baston, Ayew, Routledge and Dyer have managed to steer their way back into contention and the same goes for McKay. So far he hasn’t proven impossible to ignore so the club has to either give him some game time, possibly with the U23’s or move him on so he can flourish elsewhere.
  • Yes maybe but fans have opinions and are entitled to have those opinions too
    I thought McKay was a Potter signing and certainly he or his number 2 was talking about Mckay's qualities as a player just after he was signed
    Successive managers seem to have had problems with assessing the players already on the books ( Dan Wayne Nathan Garrick Jeff ) and decided to buy more, some of whom aren't as good as the players we already had or have
    Probably should not have signed Asoro or McKay and possibly not Kalulu or Petersen neither of whom are getting much playing time yet
    We are using Nathan Wayne Andre and Celina as wingers
    Makes you wonder what's going on
    It's not just a McKay issue
  • Yes maybe but fans have opinions and are entitled to have those opinions too
    I thought McKay was a Potter signing and certainly he or his number 2 was talking about Mckay's qualities as a player just after he was signed
    Successive managers seem to have had problems with assessing the players already on the books ( Dan Wayne Nathan Garrick Jeff ) and decided to buy more, some of whom aren't as good as the players we already had or have
    Probably should not have signed Asoro or McKay and possibly not Kalulu or Petersen neither of whom are getting much playing time yet
    We are using Nathan Wayne Andre and Celina as wingers
    Makes you wonder what's going on
    It's not just a McKay issue
    opinions are fine but we all know this is a character assassination and one that only lowlives will actively indulge in. It could have been a thread about Tom Carroll or someone else NOT playing. This is a squad game. Cooper is at lengths to say that EVERY player in the squad has a part to play. Why this kind of bull finds so many commenting is beyond me. I'm glad I'm not alone in my criticism. 
  • edited November 6
    SeaJack said:
    If the manager doesn’t see him in his plans for this season’s campaign then he has become surplus to requirements. He somehow has to make it impossible for the manager to ignore him as far as team selection is concerned. Baston, Ayew, Routledge and Dyer have managed to steer their way back into contention and the same goes for McKay. So far he hasn’t proven impossible to ignore so the club has to either give him some game time, possibly with the U23’s or move him on so he can flourish elsewhere.
    'If the manager doesn't see him in his plans'. what evidence is there of that? none. you're making assumptions because he's not playing. you could say exactly the same for any player not in the matchday squad. You may be right but also you could be totally wrong...yet for you it's already decided. My feeling is that we back every player in the squad, until the MANAGER says otherwise. None  this season or last has let us down when called on, including McKay. He is part of the reboot along with the other 28/29 players in the squad
  • Pablo said:
    SeaJack said:
    If the manager doesn’t see him in his plans for this season’s campaign then he has become surplus to requirements. He somehow has to make it impossible for the manager to ignore him as far as team selection is concerned. Baston, Ayew, Routledge and Dyer have managed to steer their way back into contention and the same goes for McKay. So far he hasn’t proven impossible to ignore so the club has to either give him some game time, possibly with the U23’s or move him on so he can flourish elsewhere.
    'If the manager doesn't see him in his plans'. what evidence is there of that? none. you're making assumptions because he's not playing. you could say exactly the same for any player not in the matchday squad. You may be right but also you could be totally wrong...yet for you it's already decided. My feeling is that we back every player in the squad, until the MANAGER says otherwise. None  this season or last has let us down when called on, including McKay. He is part of the reboot along with the other 28/29 players in the squad
    The most daming evidence that the manager doesn't see him in his plans is the fact that after a 3rd of the season the manager does not select him.

In the championship Barrie McKay has made the bench (unused) just once and that was the first game of the season against Hull!!

Although in the EFL cup he made the squad for all the games, starting against Northampton (lasted 72 mins) and came on for 28min and 20mins in the other two games

I would say the manager and the coaching staff don't seem him in their plans (I don't think he has been injured has he?) but you can draw whatever conclusion you want.

I would beg to differ and feel he does let the team team when called upon, his lack of tracking back, lack of tackling are letting the team down and the manager clearly feels he can't rely on him other wise he would selected him more, would he not?

Time to cut our losses and move him on (and he should also make sure this happens for his own career)

• Ah, poor little Barrie shouldn’t be shouted at! 
    I’m getting so p*ssed off, with people like our own little snowflakes on here, who feel obligated to be outraged, on someone else’s behalf. 
    If you are a professional footballer, or in any job for that matter, your first responsibility is to yourself. 
    If you are kidding yourself, that you are giving 100% every time your on the pitch, or in your job, and then feel aggrieved, when the manager / supporters don't share your views, you can hardly complain when he stops picking you. 
    Also don’t shoot the messenger, if it happens to be someone, who has spent his hard earned, on a season ticket, that delivers the same verdict, on your less than 100% performances, in print. 
    If you constantly don't perform in your job, harsh words, will be the last thing you should be worried about. 
    Because eventually it will catch up with you, and you will be shown the door. 

garythenotrashcougarGardoMark_Jack_London
  • Well said @J4cka. Completely agree. 

It wouldn't be so bad if I thought these 'snowflakes' were genuinely offended, but instead I suspect it's just a manufactured faux outrage in order to get attention and try to make this forum an echo chamber where any alternative view or dissent from groupthink is to be shut down immediately. 

I like your posts - I don't always agree with them, but I always get a sense you just say what you feel, and you don't care if you're in the minority. That's a good characteristic to display imo. 
  • Pablo said:
    SeaJack said:
    The most daming evidence that the manager doesn't see him in his plans is the fact that after a 3rd of the season the manager does not select him.

In the championship Barrie McKay has made the bench (unused) just once and that was the first game of the season against Hull!!

Although in the EFL cup he made the squad for all the games, starting against Northampton (lasted 72 mins) and came on for 28min and 20mins in the other two games

I would say the manager and the coaching staff don't seem him in their plans (I don't think he has been injured has he?) but you can draw whatever conclusion you want.

I would beg to differ and feel he does let the team team when called upon, his lack of tracking back, lack of tackling are letting the team down and the manager clearly feels he can't rely on him other wise he would selected him more, would he not?

Time to cut our losses and move him on (and he should also make sure this happens for his own career)

Could be as you say, but who knows? maybe he just has to wait his chance. He has his obvious critics. There's a whipping boy in every side. It used to be Tom Carroll, and now it's Barrie McKay's turn. Long ago it used to be Wayne Routledge and Naughton. That's how it goes with a certain sector. But this thread doesn't really have much to do with footballing ability or anything that is affecting the form of the team. It's about a player who isn't playing being criticised on  a personal level with little or no evidence other than he's not playing. It's a character assassination thread from fans with nothing better to do.
    I just don't find it enlightening or interesting in any way. Victimisation just isn't my thing. 
    Just a difference in opinion on how we think of players. I never criticise  through some kind of personal grudge. I'm not saying you are Chris, I'm just replying to you because you're polite!
     Each to their own. I knew the reaction I'd get. 
  • Pablo said:
    Pablo said:
    SeaJack said:

Could be as you say, but who knows? maybe he just has to wait his chance. He has his obvious critics. There's a whipping boy in every side. It used to be Tom Carroll, and now it's Barrie McKay's turn. Long ago it used to be Wayne Routledge and Naughton. That's how it goes with a certain sector. But this thread doesn't really have much to do with footballing ability or anything that is affecting the form of the team. It's about a player who isn't playing being criticised on  a personal level with little or no evidence other than he's not playing. It's a character assassination thread from fans with nothing better to do.
    I just don't find it enlightening or interesting in any way. Victimisation just isn't my thing. 
    Just a difference in opinion on how we think of players. I never criticise  through some kind of personal grudge. I'm not saying you are Chris, I'm just replying to you because you're polite!
    Thanks Pablo

I agree no need to criticise McKay (or any other player) on a personal level as do us fans know the players on a personal level!!

One thing about McKay which is commendable is you don't really hear a peep from him, whereas many players would go running to the press or via their agents to complain

• feck me...if we cannot discuss the perceived strengths and weaknesses of players, and whether or not they should be in the team, or at the club, then what is the point of this Forum?

As long as it does not descend to the abuse Xhaka received - "break his legs", "kill your wife", "daughter gets cancer" - all of which are reprehensible, then I dont see an issue.

Attitude of a player - "bottle" or another attribute of that nature, is definitely a relevant topic to discuss.

JackaremedeekaygarythenotrashcougarChris_SharmanPabloSeaJackenaitch
  • Pablo said:
    Pablo said:
    SeaJack said:

Thanks Pablo

I agree no need to criticise McKay (or any other player) on a personal level as do us fans know the players on a personal level!!

One thing about McKay which is commendable is you don't really hear a peep from him, whereas many players would go running to the press or via their agents to complain

nice to hear a positive about him Chris. He was also second highest with assists for the Swans last season, behind Celina...also scored 5 goals? then there's this anecdotal evidence supplied by Jacka that they hated him at forest...well read this:    http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/09/stats-show-barrie-mckay-playing-skin-nottingham-forest-season/
    playing out of his skin for forest...bit of balance for you lot to ponder.  
  • For balance, a good selection of views, in just one thread, from a Rangers forum :

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/306056-mckay/

• I don't give any credence to whingers on the Rangers site or this one. Only lowlife miserable gits go in for this kind of character assassination. You've made clear your position.
  • Well said @J4cka. Completely agree. 

It wouldn't be so bad if I thought these 'snowflakes' were genuinely offended, but instead I suspect it's just a manufactured faux outrage in order to get attention and try to make this forum an echo chamber where any alternative view or dissent from groupthink is to be shut down immediately. 

I like your posts - I don't always agree with them, but I always get a sense you just say what you feel, and you don't care if you're in the minority. That's a good characteristic to display imo. 

As expected the usual suspects pipe up with their hard boy outrage and don't hesitate to throw in some  pathetic name calling.Easy to just type thiat stuff  I suppose.
    The point from me was not at all connected with football performances, as I only watch games on TV these days and therefore do not feel qualified to comment from afar,and in print, on that aspect of things.
     My disappointment about some comments  here on this thread, and others, is when the character of players and coaches etc is questioned from afar, and in print, by those who are very unlikely to have any insight at all into such matters.
    I think this is out of order and will continue to do so,and I don't mind saying so when I feel I should.
    Pablo
  • Well said Moorlands, I'm glad there's some decent people on here. Without your input it would be one way misery. Only a couple of games ago the same people who now attack McKay were calling for the manager to be sacked. That's why I don't subscribe to their opinions. They invariably get it wrong. The same people also go on about player loyalty, without showing any themselves. Luckily they have no influence beyond lowering the tone on here.
    garythenotrashcougarmoorlands