Football betting site Betway

Cooper Again

So, here we are. A slightly better performance by the players, but Copper, he simply is lost for ideas, or simply does not have any ideas. After we scored, he could have changed things a little, he could have gone to a back three, and told the full backs to push right up, he didn't, he let time go on.

Then , on 80 mins, we see Baston, a young lad near me with his Dad says.....He will take Wilmot off , and give us two strikers, the lad was about 8, his Dad said to him.......This is Cooper, no chance......so off comes one forward for another, as he did earlier with one winger for another, as he does every game, changes players, no change in tactics or game plan.

The man is a complete and utter disaster, he would look out of his depth in the Neath League. We are now in relegation form, and have been for some time. It is possible to be relegated on 46/47 points in this league, another 18 points at the moment looks a long way away.

After WBA away, which looks very tough, we have two games home to Blackburn and Middlesbrough we simply can not afford to lose, if we did lose both, make no mistake, we will be in a relegation scrap.

If everyone is honest, we have only seen two sides that are worse than us at the Liberty this season, in Cardiff and Birmingham. 

When we offload whoever we can in January, it is going to be a long season.

Comments

• It seems like a long season to me, already!
  • edited November 30
    I'm not sure about relegation but we certainly are in a downward spiral as 3 wins in the last 13 league games proves. 

It's an interesting point you make about January, because if we get to New Year and we've only managed to win one or two more games then it would be absolute suicide for Birch to consider any further sales. In that scenario if he's as savvy as some believe him to be then he would surely be looking to add players not get rid of more. 
  • Gary

There is no chance of us adding to the squad, unless we find somebody on a free or free loan, who is earning the minimum wage.

We will sell anyone we can, that means anyone at any price. The end game is close, so every last penny that can be taken from the club will be, and not a penny spent. If that would mean relegation, that would not matter to Birch or the new owners. Why would it ?
  • @Andrew2

Re sales, I'm just working on the basis that in the summer Birch was pretty clear that we could afford the squad we have,  for this season at least.

I would never rule out departures with these owners, but I think it would have to be an exceptional bid in January to prise one of our most valuable players away. Which is unlikely in a Jan window (but not impossible).
  • Anybody who thinks that team that started last night is relegation fodder is delusional.dont get me wrong the football isn’t to dominate possession but to be fair we were always looking to get on the front foot and looking to be positive.
  • Another week and another vendetta,or extension of a vendetta, from Andrew.Surely life is too short to be unhappy about virtually everything at the Club?
  • Brownie

14 points from the last 12 games, 1 home win in the last 7 at home, that is very close to relegation form.

Moorlands

Are you happy with the dross and lack of any ideas we are seeing then ? As for the the club, it is walking into the oblivion of League 2 and 3. You maybe can not see it, but anyone who understands the club can see where we are heading.

When you wake up to it Moorlands we will be playing Lincoln away.
  • Look nobody expected this squad to be anywhere near the playoffs so what is the surprise exactly?
    We need a couple of seasons seeing off the highest cost ex PL contingent while growing more of our own into affordable  top Championship performers
    That and a better transfer window or two and who knows - 2022 maybe
    It may not happen with this manager though you never know
  • northernswan2 said:
    Look, nobody expected this squad to be anywhere near the playoffs so what is the surprise exactly?

I'm not saying you personally said it @northernswan2, but several on here thought we were a play off shout before a ball was even kicked. Some even claimed we'd mitigated the loss of James and McBurnie by retaining Ayew and Baston. 

These people also tend to get very arsey when you pick them up on it, I find. 
  • Look nobody expected this squad to be anywhere near the playoffs so what is the surprise exactly?
    We need a couple of seasons seeing off the highest cost ex PL contingent while growing more of our own into affordable  top Championship performers
    That and a better transfer window or two and who knows - 2022 maybe
    It may not happen with this manager though you never know
    what you need to realise is that so many fans havn't the patience from game to game let alone expect a couple of seasons of getting some form of stability.
  • Andrew2 said:
    Brownie

14 points from the last 12 games, 1 home win in the last 7 at home, that is very close to relegation form.

Moorlands

Are you happy with the dross and lack of any ideas we are seeing then ? As for the the club, it is walking into the oblivion of League 2 and 3. You maybe can not see it, but anyone who understands the club can see where we are heading.

When you wake up to it Moorlands we will be playing Lincoln away.
    I have seen it all before Andrew and have learned to live through and with it.Fortunately it has never got me down and basically in my view  there are more important things to fret about.
    Having a side in the top 4 divisions of  UK professional football I see as good fortune,and to see youngsters coming through to the team again,as  in my early days as a supporter mostly local boys did,is  icing on the cake.

Playing nice stuff and staying up have always been the important first steps for me.Thankfully we are all different so good luck with your personal priorities.