Football betting site Betway

All i want for Christmas besides the Truth is....

A real Striker someone who can put away the chances that a lot of our play creates.

And has John Lennon wrote, " Just give me some truth" about the real reason for the Clubs unnecessary Austerity  and where are owners are?

Comments

• Xmas present would be the return of our passing game and our home form of last season
    bigoak
  • Almost exactly twelve months ago we lost at home to WBA who were in the play off spots and in good form. We played some nice football but were undone by poor defending at set pieces.

On Friday night we lost at home to a Fulham side who are in the play off spots and in good form. We played some nice football but conceded two sloppy goals.

In this particular instance I am not sure that there is a lot of difference.

• Garbo said:

Almost exactly twelve months ago we lost at home to WBA who were in the play off spots and in good form. We played some nice football but were undone by poor defending at set pieces.

On Friday night we lost at home to a Fulham side who are in the play off spots and in good form. We played some nice football but conceded two sloppy goals.

Oh there is, Quality ,Experience of Manger
  • Garbo said:

Almost exactly twelve months ago we lost at home to WBA who were in the play off spots and in good form. We played some nice football but were undone by poor defending at set pieces.

The difference for me is that despite our deficiencies last season, we at least had a team that could string half a dozen passes together without (a) accidentally twatting it into touch 10 times a game or (b) fullbacks getting bored with possession and smacking it long into the channels. 
    bigoak
  • gary,
    so what was your conclusion from looking at the appearance chart I posted
  • SC has twenty or so of the same players to work with as GP had last season
    He lost Narsingh Fer Dan Ollie last summer plus CCV
    He loaned out Jeff and Asoro
    He got in Kalulu Petersen Wilmott Surridge
    He covered the GK weakness and got in a LB we were apparently missing
    He got AA and BB back from loans
    On the surface there should be nothing much in it for performance
    The only player not replaced was Fer and he was always injured anyway
    So any difference in playing style and home performances is down to coaching and confidence it would appear
    Outside of the top 6 PL teams any team in the 4 divisions would miss DJ
    But until the Notts Co replay he hadn't played
    So I think a lot of this is down to the manager and how he prepares the team

deekaybigoak
  • Well - just watching Bournemouth capitulate to Liverpool for a 5th successive defeat and Calumn Wilson pull up with a hamstring injury. So I think we can thank Sam Surridge for his services and wish him well for the rest of the season.

Question is now for the recruitment team - do we need a plan B? if so have we got a plan B? 
  • Plan A = Ayew. and plan B = Baston, that’s it!!
  • J4cka said:
    Plan A = Ayew. and plan B = Baston, that’s it!!
    C = Cullen
  • jasper_T said:
    J4cka said:
    Plan A = Ayew. and plan B = Baston, that’s it!!
    C = Cullen
    D = Declan John
  • E= Erwin Mulder - if it gets that far we are really fricked
  • G = Garrick come on lads, this isn't difficult.
  • H- Holy ******, after today's game
  • I - I’ve had enough.  Until can see some sort of plan for some sort of future for the club, which I can’t at the moment, I am going to be extremely reluctant to spend my hard-earned cash on attending games.  I have already cancelled next weekend.  I was planning to attend the home game v Boro, but the effort and expense required to drive from London and pay for an hotel room, cannot be justified, when the team perform like they did today.  I’ll probably go to nearby Brentford on Boxing Day. That might just be worth the effort. Sad times.
    bigoak
  • J = Jenkins out! Maybe a bit too late with that one but it made me feel just a tad better.
    bigoak
  • Should have read:

L = Leon, Leon, Leon, Leon!
  • M = Manager that not only inspires the fans in his decision making,  but does not have a gormless look on his face while on the side lines scratching his arse more than his heads for ideas 
    ShropswanSeaJack
  • Guys We are being made fools of  7 years in prem and £65 million in cash from sales just this season and we cant afford a Championship Sqd?  The slide is not going to be stoped by no signings this window. vote with your feet .dont attend home games save up and gop to away games. we must stop the rot
    Llanjack
  • bigoak said:
    Guys We are being made fools of  7 years in prem and £65 million in cash from sales just this season and we cant afford a Championship Sqd?  The slide is not going to be stoped by no signings this window. vote with your feet .dont attend home games save up and gop to away games. we must stop the rot
    £65m was barely more than half our annual income at the end of those 7 years in the Prem. It's unfortunately not a lot of money in football any more. Our wage bill was pushing £100m.

We can afford a Championship squad but instead we've got a pile of players on PL wages, and Andre Ayew's on a stupid amount of money. His £80k/week should be paying for half a dozen Championship players.
    Jackarememoorlands
  • jasper_T said:
    bigoak said:
    Guys We are being made fools of  7 years in prem and £65 million in cash from sales just this season and we cant afford a Championship Sqd?  The slide is not going to be stoped by no signings this window. vote with your feet .dont attend home games save up and gop to away games. we must stop the rot
    £65m was barely more than half our annual income at the end of those 7 years in the Prem. It's unfortunately not a lot of money in football any more. Our wage bill was pushing £100m.

We can afford a Championship squad but instead we've got a pile of players on PL wages, and Andre Ayew's on a stupid amount of money. His £80k/week should be paying for half a dozen Championship players.
    jasper_T said:
    bigoak said:

Yet we can afford too Appoint Curt and Leon? And most of our squad are not on Prem Wages, you also forgot too mention the Parachute Payments and Commercial Revenue. Think your falling for the Hype Jasper. Are yo u seriously saying that giving our recent history we cant afford to invest in Future of Club? Seriously?
  • I did think at the beginning of the season that the team appeared to be more balanced in terms of the personnel covering the positions, but the question is now how have they improved the overall effectiveness of the squad. What we seem to be lacking are game changers. Dan James springs to mind for last season. No one Immediately springs to mind at the moment.
    bigoak
  • Hi Big Oak,
    So you reckon that the Club was run sensibly when in the Premier, League,without excess,over- priced transfer fees shelled out, and excessive wages paid to the signings?.Not my Impression.

We were all at fault for wanting to be part of the madness.

For me they gambled with the future in the hope of survival and staying on the gravy train,and quite obviously lost 
  • moorlands said:
    Hi Big Oak,
    So you reckon that the Club was run sensibly when in the Premier, League,without excess,over- priced transfer fees shelled out, and excessive wages paid to the signings?.Not my Impression.

For me they gambled with the future in the hope of survival and staying on the gravy train,and quite obviously lost 
    We had the highest wage spend to turnover ratio of any team in the division when we got relegated. No one was more reliant on PL TV money than us.

Neither Stoke nor West Brom had anyone on £80k+ a week, either. Even without scum betting company money Stoke were in a stronger position than we were going down. But the academy was the safety net and it worked well.
  • moorlands said:
    Hi Big Oak,

post Laudrup, one glance at the wage ratio to cash incoming will give you where sensibilty went out of the window. 
    Jackaremebigoak