Football betting site Betway

All i want for Christmas besides the Truth is....

A real Striker someone who can put away the chances that a lot of our play creates.

And has John Lennon wrote, " Just give me some truth" about the real reason for the Clubs unnecessary Austerity  and where are owners are?

Comments

• Xmas present would be the return of our passing game and our home form of last season
    bigoak
  • Almost exactly twelve months ago we lost at home to WBA who were in the play off spots and in good form. We played some nice football but were undone by poor defending at set pieces.

On Friday night we lost at home to a Fulham side who are in the play off spots and in good form. We played some nice football but conceded two sloppy goals.

In this particular instance I am not sure that there is a lot of difference.

• Garbo said:

Almost exactly twelve months ago we lost at home to WBA who were in the play off spots and in good form. We played some nice football but were undone by poor defending at set pieces.

On Friday night we lost at home to a Fulham side who are in the play off spots and in good form. We played some nice football but conceded two sloppy goals.

Oh there is, Quality ,Experience of Manger
  • Garbo said:

Almost exactly twelve months ago we lost at home to WBA who were in the play off spots and in good form. We played some nice football but were undone by poor defending at set pieces.

The difference for me is that despite our deficiencies last season, we at least had a team that could string half a dozen passes together without (a) accidentally twatting it into touch 10 times a game or (b) fullbacks getting bored with possession and smacking it long into the channels. 
    bigoak
  • gary,
    so what was your conclusion from looking at the appearance chart I posted
  • SC has twenty or so of the same players to work with as GP had last season
    He lost Narsingh Fer Dan Ollie last summer plus CCV
    He loaned out Jeff and Asoro
    He got in Kalulu Petersen Wilmott Surridge
    He covered the GK weakness and got in a LB we were apparently missing
    He got AA and BB back from loans
    On the surface there should be nothing much in it for performance
    The only player not replaced was Fer and he was always injured anyway
    So any difference in playing style and home performances is down to coaching and confidence it would appear
    Outside of the top 6 PL teams any team in the 4 divisions would miss DJ
    But until the Notts Co replay he hadn't played
    So I think a lot of this is down to the manager and how he prepares the team

deekaybigoak