Football betting site Betway

More Unfolds

So. here is the answer to questions of the many faces of Birch, the obvious, and much anticipated announcement that the barn, as predicted, would become a storage unit or similar, and the laughter that most supporters that understand where the club is heading is just about complete.

To try make further fools of many supporters we are told the selling of Landore may not happen as Cooper opposes it. This was nearly as funny as the initial tale that the money will be used to strengthen the squad.

If this was happening at Cardiff, my sides would be splitting, and my arms and legs vertical as I rolled around the carpet in laughter usually set aside for Morecambe and Wise or The Two Ronnies.

Birch is here to save us, move the club forward, make the club sustainable and build a promotion seeking squad whilst improving the infrastructure of the club.

He is doing this by selling as many playing assets as possible , then selling the academy to raise some funds to buy some players ? Really ? We have spent two years selling every player to any offer we have, now his conscious has decided we need to sell more assets to replace the assets we had ?

It is like a Monty Python sketch, only problem is, many of the supporters believe this muppet, believe the garbage the club spurt out, and believe that Cooper was chosen as the best choice, not simply the cheapest, inadequate dinosaur simpleton of a football ,manager we could find.

No wonder Birch spent £50 of petty cash buying a round, he wanted to see how easy the supporters could be fooled into thinking that after Jenkins, we needed another Messiah. Turns out, he is just another trying to help the Americans fleece our club for an extra few quid.

I hate to say it, but told you so.

bigoak

Comments

• Well done Andrew! You must be really proud of yourself for being right?  :sleeping:
    bigoak
  • We believe all speculation do we?
    I'd be more worried if there weren't a continuing financial review
    We needed that when in PL
  • Believe it when I see it would be my stance on incoming players off the back of a sale. January’s just around the corner so we won’t have to wait long.
  • SC has already said there will be no spending to speak of so the most we can expect is one loan player
  • SC has already said there will be no spending to speak of so the most we can expect is one loan player
    Exactly, But why?  What does that say about the real Ambition of the Owners. Its obvious we need more than 1 player n=that a club wants to get rid off 
  • interesting @bigoak - I am not entirely sure that while we might like to see some new players in January I am not sure that this is a NEED. The performance at Fulham make me think that the issue is more about getting the current squad to play somewhere closer to its potential.
    If you look at Kalulu Peterson Grimes Byers Routledge and Dyer - and particularly Celina, there is no way that we are getting anywhere near the performances that they are capable of - and the Fulham game was exhibit A - compare the level of play to that seen versus Milwall and Huddersfield!
    Spotlight (in my opinion) firmly on Cooper and his coaching team - we have a lot of talent in our squad and it needs to be translated into tactically sound and free flowing football on the pitch.
    SeaJack
  • Great Post Jackareme, and in many ways I agree ( see my post All I want for Christmas ) but we can all see what we need in front of goal and i am at a loss to understand why the club wont invest .if they are has ambitious as the fans surly they would?
  • @bigoak - I think we largely agree - BUT it is not lack of investment at this club, it is piss poor investment. In Borja and Ayew we have over $30 million invested in transfer fees and lord knows how much in salary costs. How many championship clubs can match that?
    The problem is that when we had the money to support the team we made some shocking decisions and had no clue as to the ACTUAL value of what we were buying.
    Good example is Ayew - talented player BUT a terrible fit in our team, and much as he always gives 100% -  is he adding any more than Surridge?
    deekaybigoak
  • I have no doubt that any investment thought of from our owners has been severely dented because of some piss poor incoming transfers, even last season with Potter. Around half a million invested in Peterson in the close season indicated clearly their intention, unless of course our owners thought that because Cooper won an U17 World Cup with kids he could do the same with our U23's.
    bigoak
  • I have no doubt that any investment thought of from our owners has been severely dented because of some piss poor incoming transfers, even last season with Potter. Around half a million invested in Peterson in the close season indicated clearly their intention, unless of course our owners thought that because Cooper won an U17 World Cup with kids he could do the same with our U23's.
    You'd think he's be capable of working with a few of them. Not seen much movement so far on that front. 

We replaced DJ and Oli with Borja, Ayew, Peterson, Kalulu and Surridge. Our academy costs ~£5m a year so there ought to be something of value there. Not sure how it can be argued that the club hasn't allowed our manager the tools he needs to keep us competitive, which we certainly were in the second half of last season under Potter. Other teams in the division do more with far less.
    Llanjack
  • I think we will all be disappointed if nothing happens January but our form over the last 13 games says the owners would get nothing back for their money
    On current form ( 1 point a game last 13 games ) we will end up with about 55 points or just out of the relegation zone
    Why would the owners invest?
    They have seen money wasted on 4 wingers who are none as good as the players who were here already
    2 by Potter Asoro and Mackay
    2 by SC Kalulu and Petersen
    None as good as DJ Routs Nathan and Garrick when he's fit
    None of the 4 do their covering back as well as the old guys
    Poor choices all 4 and £3.75m spent
    Celina was a good signing who has class but not consistency under SC who has been trying him on the wing
    AA on the other wing and there is no pace and playing too narrow
    Surridge out wide and ditto
    We are at our best on 4-2-3-1 but the players bought need to be chosen better
    Poor recruitment again

Jackareme