Football betting site Betway

Congrats to us all.

edited December 2019 in The Lounge
For avoiding so well any reference over the past 6 weeks (as far as I have seen)  to pesky politics and the Election.
It's been great to get away from it and to concentrate ,for better or worse ,on our favourite Team.:) :) :)

Comments

• Knowing how many of our players are Tories makes me feel less bad about booing their terrible performances this season.
    MalagaJoH
  • jasper_T said:
    Knowing how many of our players are Tories makes me feel less bad about booing their terrible performances this season.
    Are you saying that Dyer really is a right winger :smiley:
    Jeff_Cowbridgetoo_far_east
  • Malaga said:
    jasper_T said:
    Knowing how many of our players are Tories makes me feel less bad about booing their terrible performances this season.
    No but Byers and Dhanda are Tory scum.
    Arch_Stanton
  • jasper_T said:
    Malaga said:
    jasper_T said:
    perhaps you can explain yourself jasper
  • jasper_T said:
    Malaga said:
    jasper_T said:
    perhaps you can explain yourself jasper
    They have both liked posts made by Boris Johnson on twitter saying "Get Brexit done. Vote Conservative" or similar. 
  • edited December 2019
    I'm sorry I started this now.
    No place for poltitics here surely,and that was the thinking behind the post.
  • moorlands said:
    No place for poltitics here surely,and that was the intention of the post.
    You knew what you were doing, don't lie.
  • jasper_T said:
    moorlands said:
    No place for poltitics here surely,and that was the intention of the post.
    You knew what you were doing, don't lie.
    Speak for yourself JT.I am very naive in my old age, but I suppose I should have realised that someone would be bound to take advantage of the opportunity.The thought of reading player's twatter stuff is a whole new world as well?
  • Twitter is a good way to keep up to date on football news especially with the younger players who don't get articles written about them but you do find out more than you needed to know about some of them and what they get up to. A couple need a few more media lessons or to pay someone to manage their accounts for them
    Webmaster
  • moorlands said:
    No place for poltitics here surely,and that was the thinking behind the post.
    There is "Lounge" option when you start a new discussion so I think our Site Admin are relaxed about anybody wanting to discuss any topic. I'd be interested to hear their views on that - Duncan?

Despite that, it seems that people don't want to talk politics on here and keep it a football-only site.
     I remember being told to f**k off by one poster when I messaged on the morning after the Brexit result 3 years ago.
     I've also recently been politely told off by a poster for a message about a no-deal Brexit. So I've been more guilty than most on breaking what may be an unwritten rule.

It's not always 100% football here though - there have been a few music threads in the past which didn't attract any objection.

I'd be more than happy to debate politics on here, like it's done on Planetswans, but it seems like the majority are happy with it being just football so I'm ok to go along with that.
  • The politics of football. We discuss it every day.
  • jasper_T said:
    Malaga said:
    jasper_T said:
    Calling a couple of our players scum just because they disagree with your politics makes you more than just a bit of a cünt.
    Arch_Stanton
  • barry said:
    jasper_T said:
    Malaga said:
    jasper_T said:
    Calling a couple of our players scum just because they disagree with your politics makes you more than just a bit of a cünt.
    All Tory voters are scum.
    garythenotrashcougar
  • Politics belongs in "The Lounge" as @Jeff_Cowbridge suggested.
    We have enough issues to talk about without mixing politics into it as well.
    Thanks.
  • jasper_T said:
    barry said:
    jasper_T said:
    Malaga said:
    jasper_T said:
    All Tory voters are scum.
    But Cardiff remained red?
    i'm getting confused
    Jackaremebarry