Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: QPR v Swans - FA Cup 3rd Round 2019/20

edited January 6 in Swansea City
This is the place to discuss all things related to the QPR v Swans FA Cup 3rd Round game on Sunday, 5 January 2020 at 2:01 pm.

Referee Stephen Martin will be assisted by Nigel Lugg and Carl Fitch-Jackson, with Lloyd Wood the 4th Official for the game.

Have a browse of the QPR v Swansea City Head to Head Statistics since their first meeting in 1920.

If you are going to the game at Loftus Road have a read of our QPR Away Fans Guide.

Comments

• Not much to say, horror show coming up, 8-0 to them
    StephenRPablo
  • Must have the post Xmas blues Dai?
  • We will play our second team and win....just think Nordfelt in command in goal.....McKay and Peterson up front  with Nathan’s pace....
    seriously though a winnable game if he puts a strong side out. After all there is a week to go before the Cardiff game. Enough time for the players to recharge the batteries...
  • @moorlands post xmas blues have you been on a different planet this season?
  • @daitumble I am always positive especially before kick off!
  • @azzuriswan nowt wrong with a bit of optimism, you never know?
  • Daitumble said:
    @moorlands post xmas blues have you been on a different planet this season?
    Sure have Dai,it's great:)
    cimlajack
  • Oh great - Lawro has us down for a 1-2 win!!!!
  • @Jackareme I'll take that but whose gonna get 2 goals
    azzuriswan
  • Who'll play CH?

Harries and Cooper?

Can't afford another injury in that area.
  • Last update from Cooper was Rodon was scheduled to return mid-Jan.
  • Cabango and B Cooper perhaps. But there again why not. 
    Jackareme
  • Nordfelt,John (he might actually finally get a game!), Wilmot, Cooper, Rushesha, Fulton,Jack Evans,Celina, Peterson, Kalulu, Mckay (false 9). Subs: TC,Dyer,Routs,Byers,Bidwell,Cullen, De Boer.
  • more likely to play Ben C with Cooper. At least they know each other's game from playing for the U23s, than to build a fresh relationship with Wilmot.

Peterson can play up top, so McKay can play left wing, or inter-change with Celina. 

Or he can play Bidwell at left back, and Declan in front of him.

• Wilmot can’t play. Cooper and Cubango perhaps. Those that play must have courage in their ability. If they do turn up I can see us winning through to round 4 perhaps after a replay....
  • I'd go with Cooper and Ben C.

He could put Naughton in there or Bidwell. 

• Cooper needs to play his strongest team.
    We are safe from relegation, playing a settled ream might get a bit of consistency and also make up for the second half display against Charlton. Cooer has made enough changes in 5 months to last the season
    Or are we to afraid to get injuries for those about to be sold because it wouldn't be to ensure a push for promotion, apart from that there is a full week of recovery until the Cardiff game.
    If we put the reserves out, we might as well not enter the FA cup, the owners made a packet last year and the year before on it.
    I would also play the keeper as well, that would cup tie him for Newcastle.
    Cooper needs to think of all the swans supporters spending money going to London, at least give them a decent team to watch and compete
  • yep he needs to play the strongest team he has - taking into account fatigue, to make sure he doesnt pick up any more injuries.

he will have to play either an inexperienced CB pairing or another new partnership due to Wilmot not being allowed to play, and VdH out.

Borja went off injured, so he wont play.

Grimes has to have a breather, as he has played every minute of every league game this season, and we are so short in the middle of the park, we cannot afford him to be injured. 

Ayew the same. he was poor in quality vs Charlton, and that is through being overplayed. 

There's talent in the squad that people have been moaning have not been given an opportunity. So if not now, when?

Celina can have his wish at 10. Kalulu can play right. Peterson can play through the middle.

• If our second string and best academy players can't get a game tomorrow you have to wonder why they're at the club, and question the men that brought them in. We're at the tail end of a hectic schedule and fatigue and injury susceptibility will be at its highest, the week of rest afterwards is almost beside the point.

Mulder
    Naughton Cabango Cooper Bidwell
    Fulton Evans Carroll
    Dyer Celina Peterson

Subs: Nordfeldt, C. Evan/Rodon, Roberts, McKay, Kalulu, Cullen, Dhanda

Would fans really feel let down if we saw something like that, with only one member of our "strongest side" starting?
  • jasper_T said:
    If our second string and best academy players can't get a game tomorrow you have to wonder why they're at the club, and question the men that brought them in. We're at the tail end of a hectic schedule and fatigue and injury susceptibility will be at its highest, the week of rest afterwards is almost beside the point.

Mulder
    Fulton Evans Carroll
    Dyer Celina Peterson

Would fans really feel let down if we saw something like that, with only one member of our "strongest side" starting?
    Think Paulet is worth a place on the bench also
  • Interesting thought Colin. Personally, I've not been too impressed with him this season, or any other season for that matter. Can be good for 15 mins or so in a game, but easily drifts out of it for me. Just my opinion of course.
  • Phillip,
    Whether we play Woodman or not will normally be at the behest of the parent club, who have the final say during loan deals
  • jasper_T said:
    If our second string and best academy players can't get a game tomorrow you have to wonder why they're at the club, and question the men that brought them in. We're at the tail end of a hectic schedule and fatigue and injury susceptibility will be at its highest, the week of rest afterwards is almost beside the point.

Mulder
    Fulton Evans Carroll
    Dyer Celina Peterson

Worth giving them a go JT, and JE would have his chance to confirm your support for him.Lets hope for  a win and at least a competetive showing.Cooper's chance to highlight the full squad.
  • edited January 4
    Connor Roberts made his debut for us in this competition two years ago. Dan James the same a month later. Cabango made the most of his chances in the league cup this season. If we want to be an academy club we have to keep giving players these opportunities, and not moan about disrespecting the competition/the fans when we do so.
    moorlandsJackaremedeekay
  • deekay said:
    Phillip,
    Whether we play Woodman or not will normally be at the behest of the parent club, who have the final say during loan deals
    According to the OS Toon have allowed Woodman to play, Kalulu has been given permission also.

Paulet has moved up a notch this season, possesses a good engine and the experience will do him good. Why not?
  • Would have Kalulu starting, although I think Dyer would give Naughton more protection if Eze starts. Am gambling that he wont play.

Peterson up top for me. Tempted to play Declan in front of Bidwell on the wing, so Celina plays at 10.

That would mean no place for TC, to avoid cup tying him, prior to a move.

Definitely more inclined for Cooper and Cabango as a partnership, as they have played together a lot. better than a new combination, and one of them being a fullback.
  • I agree with your thoughts and potential line up Mark - I think it very unlikely that TC would attract a team still in the FA Cup after the fourth round, so I would play him instead of Grimes - he would add some experience at least.
  • Grimes must not play. he needs a break, mentally and physically. 

Enough people who have seen Jack Evans have said he should be given a go, so I am happy with him in there in his place.

• Doesn’t matter who we play iff Eze and bright Samuel are playing it’ll be tears before bed time those 2 were our Stan and Ollie! Trust me they won’t be with qpr next season.