Football betting site Betway

Arsenal vs Leeds

What a pleasure  watching this Leeds team , very impressive  , passing and work rate superb  , lots of movement  and triangles  ,  should be a couple up ,

Comments

  • Bielsa is a proper manager. They've been impressive. Their closing down from the front has been impeccable. I remember a team down our way that used to press. And play triangles, comfortable on the way and play with width and ferocious pace. Wonder how close we ever got to getting Bielsa a few years ago
  • Another quality Cat 2 academy product through for them in Gotts. Shows you don't need all the fancy trimmings to produce players at this level (and higher),
  • Have you noticed how Arsenal are a much improved side, after their half time team talk, and go one up. 
    Cooper are you watching?

    Mark_Jack_London
  • SVJack said:
    Bielsa is a proper manager. They've been impressive. Their closing down from the front has been impeccable. I remember a team down our way that used to press. And play triangles, comfortable on the way and play with width and ferocious pace. Wonder how close we ever got to getting Bielsa a few years ago
    they are, but Arsenal stood off them like we did QPR. When Arsenal got stuck into them, then they weren't as good. Still way better than us, mind you!

    Their other big issue is they dont have a striker who scores lots. I am surprised he persists with Bamford, because he just doesnt score enough.

    Still, I'd have loved us to have got Bielsa back in the day. If we'd gone down, we'd have gone down with style!
  • Absolutely  right Mark , a goal scorer or poacher they would go far ,

    The only thing which may catch them out is will they burn themselves  out  , played at such an intensity  first half difficult  to play for 90 mins  like that 

    Last 10 games could be tough  for them 
  • Out there question: If we got Bielsa at the helm this week do you think the yanks would have more confidence in him as a coach and his ability and invest in that push for promotion? Or would they waste an opportunity to have a class championship manager and just hope he makes do with what he has 
  • JTD said:
    Out there question: If we got Bielsa at the helm this week do you think the yanks would have more confidence in him as a coach and his ability and invest in that push for promotion? Or would they waste an opportunity to have a class championship manager and just hope he makes do with what he has 

    I'd have thought the way they treated Potter - evidently a Premier League quality manager, as he's now proving this season - tells you the answer to that question. 
  • yawn. Potter would have gone at the first chance he got, and you know it. Fact is the chance came quicker than even he expected.
  • Malc said:
    Absolutely  right Mark , a goal scorer or poacher they would go far ,

    The only thing which may catch them out is will they burn themselves  out  , played at such an intensity  first half difficult  to play for 90 mins  like that 

    Last 10 games could be tough  for them 
    apparently they are interested in Che Adams on loan from Southampton.

    But listening to a local Leeds journo before the game yesterday, he said that even if he came, he'd still persist with Bamford, which shows he is a flawed genius if true.
  • I watch a lot of Leeds games and Bamford is integral to the way Biesla plays and leads the line fantastically. He has scored 10 this season so doing Ok in terms of goals scored.

    Nketiah was no where near as effective as Bamford and whilst he may be a more natural finisher he didn't have the all round game to dislodge Bamford (although to be fair he has time on his side to develop that).

    One thing is for sure is Bielsa was at Swansea he would have them as fit as is possible and he would also use the wingers correctly 
    JackaremeMark_Jack_London
  • yawn. Potter would have gone at the first chance he got, and you know it. Fact is the chance came quicker than even he expected.

    So in other words you agree with me then Mark. Like Bielsa, we had an A grade manager, the club shafted him, and unsurprisingly he pissed off for a better offer. The point is we don't need to wonder what would have happened with Bielsa. We already know. 
  • We could have had Bielsa in Winter 2015, we were almost there, but he wanted to start immediately and HJ wanted to wait until Summer 2016 - the timing possibly influenced by the imminent sale to the Americans or issues around it. 
Sign In or Register to comment.