Football betting site Betway

Wilfried Bony

Would you have him back until the summer on a short term contract? I know his wages may prohibit but what about 10 grand a goal?

Comments

• nope. that ship has sailed. 
  • Nice rhetoric but disagree

• With Brewster, Baston and Ayew taking up the position he would need to play in it would mean he would be surplus to requirements. It would also beg the question as to whether we had learned from past mistakes. Let’s face it, if signing him for a second time was one of the biggest transfer mistakes the Swans have ever made then just think how erroneous this would be.
  • Steve Torpey on an emergency loan? 
    JackaremeMark_Jack_LondonTelfordswan
  • Not sure he is in a position to ask for huge wages, done nothing for the past 5 seasons and don’t see anyone queueing up to take him
  • JonBoy said:
    Steve Torpey on an emergency loan? 
    Stewart Phillips.
  • Surely this calls for Julian Alsop or Walter Boyd?
  • I think the OP said £10k a goal so if he don't score, or play it costs us nothing, Wilf wants a club and this could put him in the shop window, OK, it didn't work out for him last time but injury is part and parcel of sport, that didn't make him a bad player, I'd say why not try especially if we can move Ayew and/or Borja on (wages)
  • How about he pays us £5k a game , if he scores we pay him £10k .  a win win for us 
  • SVJack said:
    Surely this calls for Julian Alsop or Walter Boyd?
    Walter Boyd for me much more suited to the Swansea way than Julian Alsop!!
  • Not sure I would pay per goal but definitely a goal and win bonus combined  
  • Giovanni Savarese would be the perfect solution. I reckon even at 48 he'd still do a job!
  • I'd pay him £10k a goal, and if it cost us £20k a week, we would go up, not saying Bony would score but if he didn't, it wouldn't cost us
  • Walter Boyd's name gave me a chuckle - the old "Blacka Pearl" - I can remember his 2 goal debut like it was yesterday and also his infamous sending off before he even got on the pitch. What a character!!
    This site is awesome for unexpected trips down memory lane - THANKS!!
    Chris_SharmanPablo
  • Love this thread.
    Can't believe no one has suggested shefki kuqi returning ????
  • Jackareme said:
    Walter Boyd's name gave me a chuckle - the old "Blacka Pearl" - I can remember his 2 goal debut like it was yesterday and also his infamous sending off before he even got on the pitch. What a character!!
    This site is awesome for unexpected trips down memory lane - THANKS!!
    I loved the signing of Walter Boyd. I thought he was going to set the lower division alight and to be fair his skills were great but alas it wasn't to last
  • SeaJack said:
    With Brewster, Baston and Ayew taking up the position he would need to play in it would mean he would be surplus to requirements. It would also beg the question as to whether we had learned from past mistakes. Let’s face it, if signing him for a second time was one of the biggest transfer mistakes the Swans have ever made then just think how erroneous this would be.
    But with any luck we’d get Ayew and Borja off the payroll so we’d have just the rookie.
    i don’t buy in to Bony being the biggest mistake, he got injured at a crucial time which is part and parcel of the game, hindsight says it was a mistake but I felt after his bench duties the previous two years, he just needed a run of games to become the player he was, let’s remember, he showed glimpses just before the injury
    Wyn
  • Sort of agree with the post above, had Bony not got injured I think he would have bagged a few and his spirit would have got us over the line but at that time, I don't think he had a long term future with us in the PL, today as a championship club, why not? but on our terms.
  • Shocking to even think about it.
    Mark_Jack_London
  • There would have to be a sequence of events for this even to be a possibility. First the departure of Baston as a bare minimum, possibly also Ayew. Secondly we would have to have him train with us for a few weeks to evaluate his fitness. Only if we thought he could do a job might we then offer a deal to the end of the season, at lower wages than Baston is on. An unlikely sequence of events - but in the event of Baston leaving we will need cover for Brewster, and we would be hard pushed to find a better striker on a free once the transfer window closes.

Only if Brewster were to get injured would  a temporary return for Bony become a distinct possibility as opposed to a remote one. Even though I don't think it will happen I can't understand why some are so sniffy about the possibility. He's a quality player and well-suited to the Swansea Way. Which is perhaps the biggest reason why it won't happen.
  • Wyn,
    in all honesty, we might as well retire our recruitment team if we resort to making a last minute dash to sign Wilf, even if he is paid half of what we used to pay him. One of the reasons we struggled when he returned, as well as Sanches, was their lack of match fitness, and it's all very well keeping fit with personal trainers' etc., but fit enough to take the knocks through 90 minutes is another thing. 
  • The original poster posed the question of £10k a goal, no wages, if he scores everyone is happy, if he doesn't, he doesn't get picked.

I see Birch mentioned Teemu Pukki last night, no, not that we are signing him but that's where we need to scouting, finding gems like TP before others.

• Off to a  Saudi club it seems.
  • Good luck Dad, bring home the bacon
  • Sky saying he's gone to Al Jttihad, good luck to him. Wonder if his family will stay behind would like to see if his son does well in future, he's a big lad be nice if a bit of his fathers leg power was to rub off.