Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Swans U23s v Middlesbrough U23s - Premier League 2 2019/20

edited January 15 in Swansea City
This is the place to discuss all things related to the Swans U23s v Middlesbrough U23s Premier League 2 Division 2 game at Landore on Monday, 13 January 2020 at 1pm.

The game WILL BE shown live on the Swansea City website and the Swans mobile app.

Comments

• Gould,Rushesha,Cam Evans, Brandon Cooper, Declan John, Jack Evans, de Boer, Oli Cooper, mckay, Peterson, Cullen.
  • No streams up yet. On lunch break?
  • Agree @jasper_T was thinking stream hasn't fed yet
  • Really nice goal 1-0. Cullen plays a one-two with McKay, beats his man and squares it for a Peterson tap-in.
  • probably part of the cost cutting exercise. I imagine the number of people who watch in relation to the outlay would not make this financially viable. 
    DDWT
  • jasper_T said:
    Really nice goal 1-0. Cullen plays a one-two with McKay, beats his man and squares it for a Peterson tap-in.
    Remember when the first team played triangles and went through defences like a knife through butter to score goals like that? Was a brilliant move.
  • good to see that Peterson, McKay esp, and John are playing with the U23s.

I am guessing this is for them to show that they have the commitment to have any kind of future at the club.

A half arsed performance from them, and they will all be gone as soon as they can be got rid of, I suspect.

• probably part of the cost cutting exercise. I imagine the number of people who watch in relation to the outlay would not make this financially viable. 
    I didn't expect them to show it, but when they announce that they will it should probably start on time, innit.
  • oh, they announced there would be a stream? oops!

• stream is now there.
  • Absolutely banging second goal! McKay to peterson and Cullens finish brilliant. Pace in the move. Vision in the move. Movement in the move. 2-0
  • Cullen terrific strike 2-0.

Defending a bit ropey, could have been 1-1 moments earlier. Evans and de Boer in midfield look half frozen. 
  • edited January 13
    2 nil now - not sure who has got the 2nd

*Update* : "Cullen hammers home into the corner from Peterson's pass."

• edited January 13
    Cullens strike rate at u23 level is pretty decent. Question remains given we've loaned Brewster and Surridge before. Do we loan out Cullen to Lge 1 or 2 or continue him in the u23s or should Cooper give him a chance at senior level (appreciate difference between senior and u23 footie)
  • I should have refreshed the page before I posted!
  • did they switch the time of the game because of the weather? Brendan is on it's way - and it looks mental in Cork right now, and heading toward Swansea!

• Another Cullen thumper. 3-0.

McKay's playing at half pace and he's magic.
    SVJack
  • what a finish for number 3! Cullen on fire.
  • Brilliant Cullen goal. Probably individually the pick of the goals that. McKay, peterson and John been good. The pace down the left in John and Peterson dangerous. Rushesha though, what a player he is. 3-0 h/t. Quality half of footie.
  • jasper_T said:
    Another Cullen thumper. 3-0.

McKay's playing at half pace and he's magic.
    he's such a frustrating player. he obviously has huge talent. I just dont understand how he can put in the kind of performances like we saw at Loftus Road. Abject doesn't even come close to describe how badly he played.

And it is not like he doesn't have a history. Rangers and Forest fans have said the same. Kick him early doors, and you'll not see him the rest of the game.
  • SVJack said:
    Brilliant Cullen goal. Probably individually the pick of the goals that. McKay, peterson and John been good. The pace down the left in John and Peterson dangerous. Rushesha though, what a player he is. 3-0 h/t. Quality half of footie.
    very impressed by Rushesha. decent on the ball, but just as importantly, he has a bit of dog about his defending. Doesnt give up the ball easily and happy to show some aggression.
  • 4-1. Kees lays it on a plate for Peterson. McKay instrumental again in the build up
  • Class goal 4-1. First bit of quality from us for a long spell, were feeling some pressure.

Pen was soft, handball rule these days is a nonsense.
  • edited January 13
    4th. great move and finish. Peterson's 2nd.

Boro scored a penalty before.

Oli Cooper subbed off. 

Mason Jones-Thomas on.
  • Jack Evans looks so calm on the ball too.
  • I assume everybody else is getting highlights before the game has actually finished? 
  • 5-1 Thanks flashscore!
  • Hattrick for Cullen according to Flashscore. If his third was as good as his first two then that's one hell of a way to get our first hattrick. If Ayew moves on he must be pushing for a place in the squad at the very least.
  • Yep missed the fifth as the screen went black/feed fell out. Good win and performance by the lads.
  • Third goal a header from a save by the keeper. Reminiscent of Mitrovic against us a couple of weeks ago.