Football betting site Betway

Comments

• Very comprehensive & enlightening
  • Very comprehensive load of Tosh, so its better to have less players, thats a new angle on it.
  • Makes good sense to me.You can't usually run a Rolls if you can't afford to have it serviced.
  • Trevor isn’t the reason we got relegated, Trevor is trying to fix it, no one tried to get us relegated whatever Andrew2 says, mistakes were made, no doubt but we were a club punching, and we still are if we are being realistic
  • What he said was, we made an operating loss of 7M but that didn't take account of the McBurnie sale.

That seems a little odd because it apparently took into account James and the money for Potter and team.

So if you take everything he said as truth, then we actually made a profit
  • Phillip said:
    What he said was, we made an operating loss of 7M but that didn't take account of the McBurnie sale.

That seems a little odd because it apparently took into account James and the money for Potter and team.

So if you take everything he said as truth, then we actually made a profit
    DJ's transfer was on the 6th of June. Oli's on the 2nd of August. The accounts are up to the 31st of July, the end of our financial year.

We'd have had to pay tax on profits.
    FyldeJackmoorlandsMark_Jack_London
  • So we made a profit, 2 days after the 31st July. We also got rid of Bony, loads more of high earners went in August, followed by more 2 weeks ago.
    Apart from Ayew, I cant think of anyone on massive money now.  VDH is not on massive wages and that's why he wont re-sign.  Dyer is probably our highest earner next to Ayew.
    So if we gave every player in the championship a wage of 10K a week as an average on a squad of 25 that comes to 13M. I had already estimated ours would be 15M on 25 players months ago because of Ayew and Borja and of coarse we have squad players on no where near 10K a week  ( 15M as an average cannot be that far out)
    We have started off on a profit on McBurnie, we have now lost the high earners, we have had 6M season ticket sales and a minimum of 30M parachute payments this year which is probably more.
    As stated by Birch the Academy costs us 3M a year to run
    So starting say 12M profit on McBurnie 6M season tickets, 30 M parachute plus match day ticket sales? plus TV money (appearances ?)  48M income minimum this year.
    Player wages 15M Academy 3M Top management and senior officials say 5M.  Rent .3MTotal 23.3M.
    So to make a total loss this season (31/7/2020) we will have to spend 24.7M or roughly 50% on non first team squad running  
     I realise there are now approximately 250 other staff who probably don't even earn 20K a year as an average But even if you give them all 25K a year it comes to just over 6M.
    So we have sold the players, we have slashed the wages, we still have some loans but they are set aside by instalments guaranteed by the buying clubs.
    They now admit a loss of 7M without McBurnie, so we made a profit, so we must now be one of the best off financially in the championship, there have been no financial risks taken at all in 18 Months.
    So its not all doom and if we keep the same staff again next season we should still be OK

• Contracts end 30 June, Phillip, not August. 

• We won't be getting the full 2nd year parachute payment in this year's accounts as we sold the first instalment to Barclays back at the beginning of last season for much-needed cashflow.

You're making the same mistake of not including player bonuses in your wage estimations again. Average wage in the Championship these days is around £25k, most of our first team squad will be over £10K basic with Ayew's £80k plus national insurance plus goals and apps taking up a huge chunk of change.

On the plus side depreciation will be low next time around as we're not paying much in the way of transfer fees these days.
  • Contracts end 30 June, Phillip, not August. 

I was quoting accounts that run to 31/7/20 not contracts
    As for wage bills, in the championship, here are a few from 2017, these are total wages for the clubs not just players.
    If this is the case no wonder all the clubs are in the shit, so unless we have owners who take it on as a hobby or passion, I see no logical reason for ( Investors ? ) to even contemplate getting involved in football

28. Derby County
    League position: 6th (Championship)
    Total wage bill: £40m

29. Birmingham City
    League position: 19th (Championship)
    Total wage bill: £39m

30. Reading
    League position: 20th (Championship)
    Total wage bill: £35m

Based on our season ticket sales being about 6M  after parachute payments are gone and championship revenue i.e.TV,  being small,it would mean unlesss we sell 20M of players a year we will be bust..
    So why are the Yanks here ? What was their long term plan, based on clubs of our size have total wage bills of 82M - 95M in Premier league.  Did they think they could defy logic and be the only club to be successfull and make money because even the big 4 are millions in net debt.
    Or am I missing something and money can be made with wizard accounting.

• Phillip said:
    Contracts end 30 June, Phillip, not August. 

As for wage bills, in the championship, here are a few from 2017, these are total wages for the clubs not just players.
    If this is the case no wonder all the clubs are in the shit, so unless we have owners who take it on as a hobby or passion, I see no logical reason for ( Investors ? ) to even contemplate getting involved in football

28. Derby County

29. Birmingham City

30. Reading

Based on our season ticket sales being about 6M  after parachute payments are gone and championship revenue i.e.TV,  being small,it would mean unlesss we sell 20M of players a year we will be bust..
    So why are the Yanks here ? What was their long term plan, based on clubs of our size have total wage bills of 82M - 95M in Premier league.  Did they think they could defy logic and be the only club to be successfull and make money because even the big 4 are millions in net debt.

They could have paid out some healthy dividends in our last PL season but chose to let Huw panic-buy Ayew instead. 

It's a terrible industry to get involved in if your only interest is making money, absolutely. Fit only for gamblers and lunatics.
  • Phillip said:
    Contracts end 30 June, Phillip, not August. 

28. Derby County

29. Birmingham City

30. Reading

I think we are all accepting that no money is being syphoned off, there is no money to be made in the championship, the owners are not here to lose money but they will prop us up if and when needed.
    Their long term plan in 2016 was obvious, buy shares in the club for a relatively cheap price (£68m), sell their shares after a few years for £100m (guess), its not rocket science, however, it has backfired, a bit like if you buy a house that you didn't get a proper survey done, a few years later problems occur what to you do, you don't walk away as it owes you, so you have that damp proof course, you address the subsidence but you don't chuck massive amounts at it in the hope of a future sale.
    If we all pulled in the same direction, reaching the PL is not impossible, next season the owners will have to prop us up, unless we get another windfall on player sale, as you mention, we are relying on trading players each season, its not always going to happen.
    deekay