Football betting site Betway

Stop groaning and do something!

I never thought I'd say this but if every fan is fed up with Steve Cooper and all his bullshit then make it more bloody clear in games to him and Trevor Birch especially.

Picking on certain players and booing at half/full time doesn't do jack shit. If you have stoop to 'we want Cooper out' chants then so be it.

Before certain fans have a go and say that this will affect the players, well tonight should be clear as day that we are absolutely ****** shite anyway so what difference does it make. 

No one cared when it was Bob Bradley and we did far worse to Kenny Jackett who achieved far more with us than Cooper is ever going to.
jasper_Tgarythenotrashcougar

Comments

• 3 points off a play off spot, be realistic, if we had a sexy over performing manger like a Roberto then we couldn't keep him anyhow, the PL look at Swansea as a breeding ground for their next manager.
    moorlandsjasper_TPablo
  • Jacktar said:
    3 points off a play off spot, be realistic, if we had a sexy over performing manger like a Roberto then we couldn't keep him anyhow, the PL look at Swansea as a breeding ground for their next manager.
    Better a bad manager because he'll stay than a good one because he'll leave? Blimey.
    JackaremeMark_Jack_LondonSeaJack
  • I know realistically he's not going to get sacked but I do think we need to make our feelings clear because the crap that he comes out with to deflect blame away from him is taking the piss.
    Llanjack
  • Jacktar said:
    3 points off a play off spot, be realistic, if we had a sexy over performing manger like a Roberto then we couldn't keep him anyhow, the PL look at Swansea as a breeding ground for their next manager.
    So we appoint a mediocre manager so that he doesn't move on, rather than a "sexy" one who will improve the team despite the risk of him moving on?
    That's like buying mediocre players rather than good ones just in case some other clubs come and buy them.

Yes, it is only 3 points but do you actually think we will reach the playoffs? 
  • Just a few weeks ago, a number of posters were defending Cooper and criticising posters who were calling Cooper out for what he is. 

Those posters (you know who you are) have gone very quiet, so, wishing to start a debate not an argument, do you still believe Cooper is the right man for the job, and if so, why ?
  • Has he improved the players   - No
    Has he improved results -No
    Has he improved the tactics - No
    The answer is (I am afraid) self-evident
    Llanjack
  • StephenR said:
    Has he improved the players   - No
    Has he improved results -No
    Has he improved the tactics - No
    The answer is (I am afraid) self-evident

But having said that, is it too late to do anything about it this season, other than to increase our enjoyment of the football.
  • When Roberto took us up, his first game that season was at Oldham, I was there and we lost, there must have been nearly a thousand Swans fans there, no one moaned and although we lost everyone could see what type of football we would try to play and knew the fans would warm to him and the players.
    You could see from day one, the players wanted to play for him and always ran to him at the end of the game. They respected him and his knowledge of football and personalities because in all due respect he didn't pull up any trees as footballer for anyone other than us
    The same with Rogers, Teams and fans need someone charismatic, who give candid after match reports.
    I don't think Cooper is the man, getting 16/17 year olds to look up to you is far an away from grown men with talent who have experienced the coaching techniques of junior and reserve football, which is down mainly to basics.
    We have players who have been coached at a far higher level by people respected, either by their man management skills or their past careers as footballers or achievement.
    Coopers claim to fame will be the win for the under 17's in the World cup and fair enough he did it but
    Cooper will not achieve anything more and when eventually sacked will fade into insignificance 

garythenotrashcougarSeaJackFyldeJack
  • The circle I cant square is that a recruitment team that I really trust identified Cooper as a guy who would adopt the "Swansea Way" as a foundational piece, and take forward a lot of the good work started by Potter and team. I cannot for the life of me understand why they are now seemingly sitting on their hands while we approach each game tactically in the way that we do.
    Tweaks are always acceptable, and help things to progress - however we have lost any semblance of width in our game - our movement off the ball is non existent (and probably related) we are hanging onto the ball instead of moving it with pace and accuracy.
    The championship is full of strong competent and competitive midfielders and defenders - our only chance of success with our squad is to move them around and play in between them and behind them.

I am a glass half full guy and we have good young players who can compete at this level - but hearing from Cooper that he will continue to play the same way whatever is about the LAST thing I want to hear. It is one thing losing while blooding youngsters and playing with passion and style, it is quite another to keep knocking your head on a wall and expecting the wall to suddenly fall down

Natterjack
  • Said it before, Potter was an outstanding manager/fit for our club but went elsewhere due to AWOL ownership model & no backing imo
    Cooper rode the wave a bit of Potters success to begin with this season but this team & style of play are firmly now his....it's not good enough at all, where is our passing game from which we achieved so much gone?
  • Jackareme said:
    The circle I cant square is that a recruitment team that I really trust

Spotted the issue. What made you trust that our recruitment team were good at picking a manager?
  • BigG said:
    Said it before, Potter was an outstanding manager/fit for our club but went elsewhere due to AWOL ownership model & no backing imo
    He went to the Premier League because it's the Premier League, mate.
    LlanjackBigG
  • jasper_T said:
    Jackareme said:
    The circle I cant square is that a recruitment team that I really trust

Spotted the issue. What made you trust that our recruitment team were good at picking a manager?

It's a fair challenge that, Jasper. 

If we take the emotion out of it for a second (and by that, I mean there can't be anyone on here who doesn't love Leon and Curt to bits), but are they really, other than their love and affinity for the club, qualified to be two-thirds of the committee making all the key football decisions?

I say that with a heavy heart because there is no doubting their good intentions. But the longer this goes on with Cooper, you do begin to wonder - is it because they don't want to see it, or they just can't? Either way, it is worrying. 
  • Yep my trust was based on genuine football guys smattered with a strong affinity for the club would be qualification enough. You make a good point @jasper_T ; - I was having a rose tinted moment apparently!
  • Fair doos to Huw Jenkins, he had a fairly good track record for picking managers. 
    Llanjack
  • edited February 13
    @Jackareme

I know I'm stirring the pot again but however much influence Leon and Curtis had or didn't have in the decision making process over appointing our manager; I now firmly believe that they were just a front in a PR stunt by Birch to distract and shut up any fans up who were pissed off to see Potter leave us.

Well it's worked like a treat hasn't it.

If however Birch had final say on the manager then you can bet your life on it that he couldn't give two shits about our style of play as by the looks of it he's got a job on his hands of sorting out the financial problems with the club that were there long before he came in. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Curtis for example was more in favour of say giving Cameron Toshack a chance but reluctantly had to accept the final choice of manager. 

Cooper was not only a cheap option as people keep saying but he was appointed because he's not a maverick and easy to deal with. Can't imagine Potter being a yes man.
  • J4cka said:
    Fair doos to Huw Jenkins, he had a fairly good track record for picking managers. 
    I think you will find that when he took full control as DOF in 2014 and made the decisions on his own the managers.
    Monk who got rid of all the talent after finishing 8th ( Laudrops team) then he sacked him.
    Windowlean who in all fairness didn't get a chance and after playing the top 5 of 6 was sacked.
    Bob the Knob enough said the worst of the worst.
    Clements the most negative.
    Car the Van who was getting us out of the shit, then started to be a clown and changed everything and got us relegated.
    Then finally Potter who steadied the ship and left
    I wouldn't say Jenkins picked talent, the good ones were picked by many, backed by listening to football experts, in 2014 Jenkins decided he knew better.
    Jenkins also signed over 10 reserve keepers, not one made it.
    Don't be fooled that Jenkins got us where we were on his own, he didn't.
    He didn't even buy us out, he borrowed money to become a share holder, he was a failed businessman, in fact he bought into successful businesses  and cocked them up. Unfortunately he did the same from 2014 when once again he thought he knew better than everyone else.
    He is a rich man, The Swans are now poor 
    garythenotrashcougarLlanjack
  • jasper_T said:
    BigG said:
    Said it before, Potter was an outstanding manager/fit for our club but went elsewhere due to AWOL ownership model & no backing imo
    Such an easy, lazy assumption to make tho, look at Potters previous, he's not a glory hunting fly by night. Our owners gave him no reason to stay
    garythenotrashcougarNatterjackLlanjack
  • BigG said:
    jasper_T said:
    BigG said:
    Such an easy, lazy assumption to make tho, look at Potters previous, he's not a glory hunting fly by night. Our owners gave him no reason to stay

I agree with this. He was treated like dirt. As if the summer window wasn't bad enough, but for Jenkins making a rare good decision they'd have sold Dan James from under him in January too. 

I reckon he'd have even considered offers from more ambitious Championship clubs if Brighton hadn't come in. 
    Llanjack
  • BigG said:
    jasper_T said:
    BigG said:
    You're living in a fantasy world. How much would Birch have had to fork over to come close to what Brighton were offering him to work with? They spent £70m on players this season. As soon as they agreed to pay his release clause there was no stopping him. He's only human.
    LlanjackBigG
  • Phillip said:
    J4cka said:
    Fair doos to Huw Jenkins, he had a fairly good track record for picking managers. 
    I think you will find that when he took full control as DOF in 2014 and made the decisions on his own the managers.
    Monk who got rid of all the talent after finishing 8th ( Laudrops team) then he sacked him.
    Windowlean who in all fairness didn't get a chance and after playing the top 5 of 6 was sacked.
    Car the Van who was getting us out of the shit, then started to be a clown and changed everything and got us relegated.
    I wouldn't say Jenkins picked talent, the good ones were picked by many, backed by listening to football experts, in 2014 Jenkins decided he knew better.
    He didn't even buy us out, he borrowed money to become a share holder, he was a failed businessman, in fact he bought into successful businesses  and cocked them up. Unfortunately he did the same from 2014 when once again he thought he knew better than everyone else.
    Just quoting his mistakes after his self appointed DOF 2014 is easy. I will be the first to admit, he was a clown, bar his Daniel James intervention in this period. 
    But as it was more than a fairly good track record up until then, when he had input into selecting managers :
    Flynn 2002
    Jacket 04
    Martinez 07
    Sousa 09
    Rodgers 10
    Laudrup 12
    Guidolin 16
    Potter 18
    Not a bad list in my opinion. 

moorlands
  • jasper_T said:
    Jacktar said:
    Better a bad manager because he'll stay than a good one because he'll leave? Blimey.
    Is he a bad manager tho? debatable granted but for me, he's a rookie, will he get better? time will tell but we can't chop and change at the first sign of trouble as there'd be no manager safe as they all hit the buffers now and again.
    moorlands
  • Phillip said:
    J4cka said:
    Absolute poppycock, That self appointed DoF appointed himself in 2002 not 2014
  • Jacktar said:
    jasper_T said:
    Jacktar said:
    Is he a bad manager tho? debatable granted but for me, he's a rookie, will he get better? time will tell but we can't chop and change at the first sign of trouble as there'd be no manager safe as they all hit the buffers now and again.
    He's a very bad manager, yes.

• I know realistically he's not going to get sacked but I do think we need to make our feelings clear because the crap that he comes out with to deflect blame away from him is taking the piss.
    Can I ask, who you support? its a genuine question as its not Swansea City

• @Jackareme

I know I'm stirring the pot again but however much influence Leon and Curtis had or didn't have in the decision making process over appointing our manager; I now firmly believe that they were just a front in a PR stunt by Birch to distract and shut up any fans up who were pissed off to see Potter leave us.

Well it's worked like a treat hasn't it.

If however Birch had final say on the manager then you can bet your life on it that he couldn't give two shits about our style of play as by the looks of it he's got a job on his hands of sorting out the financial problems with the club that were there long before he came in. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Curtis for example was more in favour of say giving Cameron Toshack a chance but reluctantly had to accept the final choice of manager. 

Cooper was not only a cheap option as people keep saying but he was appointed because he's not a maverick and easy to deal with. Can't imagine Potter being a yes man.
    If it turns sour then Leon and Curt were back seat drivers, if it goes well then they were driving

Why do everyone go on about cheap options, its how we have always operated, do you think Roberto was expensive?
  • Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results (Attributed to Albert Einstein ?)

"Any man can make a mistake, only a fool keeps making the same one" (Cicero)

"We're not going to change the way we play" (Steve Cooper, QPR post match conference)
  • Jacktar said:
    Phillip said:
    J4cka said:
    Absolute poppycock, That self appointed DoF appointed himself in 2002 not 2014
    Never mind what date you choose of the DoF issue. You can’t get away from that list of very smart appointments. 
    Llanjack
  • jasper_T said:
    Jacktar said:
    jasper_T said:
    Jacktar said:
    He's a very bad manager, yes.
    Based on your ally in chief, statistics, I don’t think he is
  • deekay said:
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results (Attributed to Albert Einstein ?)

"Any man can make a mistake, only a fool keeps making the same one" (Cicero)

"We're not going to change the way we play" (Steve Cooper, QPR post match conference)
    ”We're not going to change the way we play" (Steve Cooper, QPR post match conference)” 

But next game I won’t put square pegs in round holes!!