Football betting site Betway

The stadium

Just like 2 point out ! Drove past recently couldn't believe the amount of rust on the metal supports that hold the roof ?perhaps this has been mentioned b4?.... it's an eyesore to put it mildly 

Comments

• Yes it has been mentioned before - a pet subject of mine :)

https://www.scfc2.co.uk/forums/discussion/3206/stadium-defects-court-case-lost/p1

https://www.scfc2.co.uk/forums/discussion/comment/26865/#Comment_26865

It also got a mention in the recent company accounts as they had to make provision for the costs of fixing it - current estimate is £250k. However they will probably miss another opportunity this summer due to covid-19.

• At what point does it go from being an eyesore to becoming a health and safety issue I wonder? I still can’t believe they lost the court case on this one.
  • Stadco messed up by effectively being too late in addressing the issues properly. Here is the summary of the judgement in the High Court:

https://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/format.cgi?doc=/ew/cases/EWHC/TCC/2019/989.html&query=(swansea)+AND+(stadium)
    deekay
  • edited May 3
    Hi Deekay - I normally understand why certain posters give me a "WTF" but I don't understand this one.

That was my reading of it when the judgement was made a few months ago, and it still is- how would you summarise it?
  • Jeff
    Another apology from me. I tend to view this site on my phone and when scrolling, my fat finger seems to fall on the wtf 'button' and if there is any delay, it activates the wtf response. I have previously asked the mods if there is any way these can be edited, but have had no response. I'm not sure what I can do about this situation other than apologise when it arises. So once again, I'm sorry !
  • edited May 4
    deekay said:
    Jeff
    Another apology from me. I tend to view this site on my phone and when scrolling, my fat finger seems to fall on the wtf 'button' and if there is any delay, it activates the wtf response. I have previously asked the mods if there is any way these can be edited, but have had no response. I'm not sure what I can do about this situation other than apologise when it arises. So once again, I'm sorry !
    :) :)   :)      :+1:             .
  • Stadco appear to have been devoid of the right sort of professional advice in construction Contract Law.Revealing to me that the paint spec on the steelwork  in the building Contract,was that it would provide 15 years before major maintenance is necessary.We arenow  at that point in the life of the stadium , and so irrespective of the ins and outs of the intervening dispute over repainting damaged areas after construction,the Club now has the responsibility of possibly a major paint job,
  • why haven't they just got on with it whatever the outcome, the bill will be even higher if corrosion sets in.
    SeaJack
  • Gingergit said:
    why haven't they just got on with it whatever the outcome, the bill will be even higher if corrosion sets in.
    Yes, agreed, the work should have been carried out years ago and delays have already increased the costs and will in future. Unfortunately I think the virus restrictions may prevent the work being done this Summer, even if the funds are available - and they probably aren't . On the other hand, some construction work is taking place and perhaps this is the sort of work that could be done with careful distancing, although that in itself will cost the club more. 
    It feels to me like it's now best to leave it until Summer of 2021.
  • i'm no expert, but think how they'd go about doing this, I would imagine, would require either a few cherry pickers or a fixed harness of some sort. 

either of those options would seem, to me, to be quite easy to administer social distance rules, especially the cherry pickers.

So now is the time - if they have the cashflow - to be doing this. the longer they leave it, the worse it will get. 

You'd also have to question the legal advice they were given to pursue this, if the 15 year guarantee was in the build contract.

It shouldnt take a rocket scientist to realise, in a sea-air environment, that they would need to do regular maintenance on this structure.
  • Mark as Someone I’ve always respected not always agreed with you but would never quell your free speech,as I know you’re working in media what do you think for the future of sccfc 
  • Brownie, the longer the virus is out of control, and games cannot be played, the more precarious it is for any business.

Football is no different on that score to a cinema, theatre, music venue or other sporting or entertainment organisation - save that their wages are probably higher than most of the others.

If the TV monies need to be paid back, we are probably at greater risk than many other clubs in the Championship, as parachute payments will make up a huge part of our income at this moment in time, and player wages eat most of that up.

So it is very worrying, especially if the PFA continue with their stance of players not taking wage cuts where appropriate. Not every club has the coffers to survive on that basis. 
  • deekay said:
    Jeff
    Deekay,
    I think all that’s required is for you to click/press the WTF icon again to get rid of the offending article. Give it a try and see how you get on.
  • Sea Jack
    Thanks for that, I just tried it on your post and it worked. I now need to see if it is time limited, as often I will not know I've done it until someone points it out to me. I'll give you another wtf and leave it for a while before trying to remove  it. If it should fail, I apologise in advance  :)
  • edited May 16
    Sea Jack
    Update on progress. Just tried it again and it works. Thanks for your help, much appreciated 
    Jeff_Cowbridge
  • Ha. No worries if it stayed there. It can be seen as a kudos thing getting those WTF’s racked up. I can’t say I’ll be beating Ponty Jack’s score anytime soon though.
    deekay
  • Worrying about a bit of paint work will pale into insignificance if we don't have a club to support when all this is over.