Football betting site Betway

Comments

• Would be nice to see if he's improved with some game time at a decent level. Thought he was always a bit nervous and rushed things a bit in the little game time he got with us, has anybody seen him play over there.
    Jackareme
  • I always thought we were a bit quick to judge this one. He was VERY highly rated by  a lot of scouts and keeps getting picked for the Swedish National age group teams (17 caps at U21 level). I agree he lacked composure BUT he is still very young. It will be interesting to see if he has improved and/or bulked up.
  • J4cka said:
    This basically sums him up. 

They rated him enough to play him 17 times
    They rated him enough to extend the loan for another year

Maybe they can't afford him right now
  • edited June 16
    He must have something otherwise he wouldn't be with us at all,and as a choice from the Potter era that surely applies.Lets hope he can be more comfortable here this time and make the doubters think again
  • J4cka said:
    This basically sums him up. 

They also wanted to extend his loan - which is an odd move for a player they don't rate.
  • I’d like to see him and Peterson back next season and given a good run in the squad.i think they’ve both got something to offer.
  • @Jackareme The way I read the article is they wanted to keep him. Couldnt afford to excercise the buy option but wanted him on another 1 year loan. That doesnt sound like they do not rate him
    Jackareme
  • @Brownie I definitely think Peterson has a lot on attack. Scores plenty of goals. Seem to remember when he was on the field for us that fans behind the dug out said Coops shouting at him and pissed off when it came to helping defensively. That's something that can be worked on and improved
  • Martyn said:
    @Brownie I definitely think Peterson has a lot on attack. Scores plenty of goals. Seem to remember when he was on the field for us that fans behind the dug out said Coops shouting at him and pissed off when it came to helping defensively. That's something that can be worked on and improved
    If it's a part of his game Peterson isn't prepared to work on, as it was with Montero and Barrow, then best to offload him and look for somebody else.
  • Mostly agreed @Colin_swansea ; - however, in the case of Jeff I would not only pick him but build a team around his genius - if only he could have stayed fit he would have gone right to the top!
  • Not for me Jackareme , if he had stayed fit he wouldn't have been with us long ,

I would build a team around players like Ash , Joey or Leon ,
  • Perversely agree @Malc - I rate his natural talent that highly that I agree (if fit) he would have moved on  - I was commenting on @Colin_swansea post saying that because he couldn't defend he would have moved him on. 
    IMO as long as Jeff wanted to stay here and his hamstrings were 100% he would have been one of the first names on the team sheet.
    There is an interesting chain of thought as well, that just by having that level of attacking threat you contribute defensively because the opposition are constantly doubling up on you and curtailing their own attacking down that wing.

I absolutely LOVED Jeff in full flight - he was awesome!!
  • Agree up to a point , he did have you off your seat in anticipation  , but a bit like a curates egg , good in parts 
  • We paid big money for the two said players we can’t just bin them off,cooper needs to work with them and improve them they’re both young and not the finished article’s.
    SeaJack
  • Jackareme said:
    Perversely agree @Malc - I rate his natural talent that highly that I agree (if fit) he would have moved on  - I was commenting on @Colin_swansea post saying that because he couldn't defend he would have moved him on. 
    IMO as long as Jeff wanted to stay here and his hamstrings were 100% he would have been one of the first names on the team sheet.
    There is an interesting chain of thought as well, that just by having that level of attacking threat you contribute defensively because the opposition are constantly doubling up on you and curtailing their own attacking down that wing.

I absolutely LOVED Jeff in full flight - he was awesome!!
    On his day, Jeff was a player that got fans out of their seats, raised their expectations and gave quality defenders the run around, but on another day a player whose ability to switch off from the game plan gave the opposition so many overloads on our left side.

• Forgot we paid £2m for Asoro. Jeez!
  • Oh well @J4cka at least for every Asoro there is a Garrick, and I am not writing Asoro off just yet.
  • Garrick looks like a real good prospect. Comfortable on the ball, pace, and knows where the goal is. Saw a couple of U23 games, and him, and Daniel James were the standout players. 
    Jackareme: I hope your right concerning Asoro, as going forwards, after this crisis, we are definitely not going to be able, financially, to carry the dead wood we’ve had previously. 
    Like the majority of football clubs, very, very tough times ahead. 
    So I count us extremely fortunate, to have Mr Trevor Birch overseeing the financials, at this moment in time. 
    Was told that if he departs, we would be seriously in the brown stuff, as there is very little communication coming from our American owners. 
    Jackareme
  • J4cka said:
    Garrick looks like a real good prospect. Comfortable on the ball, pace, and knows where the goal is. Saw a couple of U23 games, and him, and Daniel James were the standout players. 
    Jackareme: I hope your right concerning Asoro, as going forwards, after this crisis, we are definitely not going to be able, financially, to carry the dead wood we’ve had previously. 
    Like the majority of football clubs, very, very tough times ahead. 
    So I count us extremely fortunate, to have Mr Trevor Birch overseeing the financials, at this moment in time. 
    Was told that if he departs, we would be seriously in the brown stuff, as there is very little communication coming from our American owners. 
    Just because there is little communication doesn't mean they are not taking an interest, got the impression for the fans forum I attended that .Birch has been given a free hand to get on with things. If the feeling from the fans are anything to go by he appears to be doing a reasonable job, he also stated that he is in touch with them on a regular basis and lets face it after the Dan transfer fiasco they are probably still to embarrassed to show their face around Swansea.