Football betting site Betway

Woodman - How much do they want for him

edited June 16 in Swansea City
Woodman wants to stay with us. Other clubs will want him but anyway my question is anyone seen what price they have put on him

Comments

• So did my own research. WOL article back in March says newcastle think Woodmans value has soared to 10m as a result of his performances with us. So he is out of our range. Benda it is then for now until the window opens
  • Benda is a better keeper IMO
  • @Martyn - you mentioned in the other thread that you'd pay no more than £2.5M for him. 
    I don't know whether Benda is better than him as suggested by @jollyboy but there is no way that I would be paying more than £500k for any player this year and only then if wages are reasonable - even allowing for income from a Rodon sale which I think is inevitable. So I wouldn't push any boats out for Woodman and agree with @jollyboy in letting Benda step up. I think Benda would also feel he's now proven himself to be a first choice keeper somewhere and would not be happy to sit on a bench- his next step up should be with us.
    Jackareme
  • Just read that there will be over 1,400 players from the EFL and National  league out of contract this summer , hope our recruitment  team are shortlisting  targets ,
  • There is no money in the pot to spend £2.5m, although the talk is Newcastle wanting £10m, Benda it is
    In normal circumstances, we would have been looking for around £15m for Joe Rodon, I think we may get half that now with a few add ons. The market will crash and bigger clubs will chance their arm on young talent.
  • If we only got 15mn for Rodon we've been done. Simple as. Bearing in mind White on loan at Leeds is '30mn rated' and Rodon is twice the player IMO. As for Woodman, it's a pass regardless of the cost. Good keeper, but I'd like to see Benda installed as #1 next season after his brilliant season at Swindon
  • SVJack said:
    If we only got 15mn for Rodon we've been done. Simple as. Bearing in mind White on loan at Leeds is '30mn rated' and Rodon is twice the player IMO. As for Woodman, it's a pass regardless of the cost. Good keeper, but I'd like to see Benda installed as #1 next season after his brilliant season at Swindon
    Both Rodon and White are quality centre backs but there is no way Rodon is twice the player that White is.

• SVJack said:
    If we only got 15mn for Rodon we've been done. Simple as. Bearing in mind White on loan at Leeds is '30mn rated' and Rodon is twice the player IMO. As for Woodman, it's a pass regardless of the cost. Good keeper, but I'd like to see Benda installed as #1 next season after his brilliant season at Swindon
    Both Rodon and White are quality centre backs but there is no way Rodon is twice the player that White is.

Unfortunately, the world changed at the end of January, I think we may have got £15m with possible add ons? but now, £7.5m taking the figure to £10m with add ons?
    The club are going to have to make further cuts this summer as our owners will not put any money in to prop the club up, putting money in is a double edged sword, anyway, lets suppose they put money in, we either have to pay it back or they turn it into equity which would dilute the Trust.
    I heard a whisper that Routledge and Naughton have been offered new contracts on greatly reduced terms, whether they accept is another matter.
  • Think Routs will, ending his career, Naughton probably not. There's probably some bottom half Prem teams who could do with a full back that can cover both sides of the pitch
  • No way is Naughton Premiership standard, bottom half or not. 
    Found his niche in The Championship. 
    No way can we afford his reputed wages of £12,000 a week. 
  • @J4cka VDH was on 13k/week in Prem before he made his breakthrough. Doubt we are offering them anywhere near that so depends on whether another championship club offers more or a bottom prem team snap them up on a free as a squad/cover player
  • Martyn. Unless Naughton has agreed a pay cut going forward, that’s the wage I was told he is on, by a long standing source. 
    Totally agree that we won’t be offering anywhere near previous wages, now we, and all other clubs are in exactly the same position, since lockdown. 
    Unfortunately, this will inevitably mean a considerable amount of professional footballers, receiving their P45’s. 
    That’s going to be the harsh reality going forwards, for a lot of people, not just footballers. 
  • Fair play to him. Title winner
  • Stekenlenburg signed for Ajax on the 22nd. Last week there was a story that if he returned to Heerenveen then we would take their 6ft 6ins GK on a free in the Summer. That might still happen. So Benda, possibly Mulder if he agrees new contract and possibly Warner Hahn from Heerenveen on a free.

"Interestingly, Stekelenburg’s potential move to Heerenveen could hand Swansea City a welcome transfer boost of their own.

Steve Cooper’s Swans want to sign 6ft 6ins goalkeeper Warner Hahn with he too set to become a free-agent next month"

Benda & Mulder 2 inches taller than Woodman, Hahn 4 inches