Football betting site Betway

Next seasons 1st team

edited June 16 in Swansea City
Usually discussing summer transfer window now especially with 12 to 15 players out of contract or loans ending. Team looks Ok for Championship.

Benda
Roberts, Cabango, Guehi, Bidwell
Fulton, Grimes
Garrick, Byers, Celina
Cullen

Bench, Asoro, Cooper, John, Tivonge Rushesha, Peterson, Jack Evans, Striker

In terms of keeping us in the Championship its a decent team.

Basics I'd like to see in the window

GK Woodman please at no more than 2.5m
RB/LB Extend Naughtons contract, gives Rushesha another season to progress
Base of midfield. Byers can drop in instead of Fulton. Is jack Evans ready?? So maybe a free transfer MF with experience
Byers, Celina & Dhanda can all play No 10 so Ok there.
Wingers, Peterson and Asoro can cover for Garrick, Celina
CF - Clear need for a free transfer or loan or both. Just having the unproven Cullen with no back up to him is a recipe for disaster.

So, my starting wish list in the market is

Woodman
Naughton
Established Holding MF player
2 CF's. One loan, one signing

That shouldn't break the bank especially with Rodon going for good money
JackaremeCadleigh

Comments

• A new Center Half signing from abroad would help.

After that we are in wish list mode to strengthen the 1st team and/or provide more depth in the squad
  • Oh yeah and give Routs another year
  • Can't see us offering £2.5m for Woodman, those days are gone, Benda has had a great season at Swindon, I'd like to see him given the chance.
  • Benda, Roberts, Rodon, Cabango, Bidwell or John, Grimes, Byers, Peterson, Celina, Kalulu (signed perm), Cullen (or a loaned striker, purchased striker). 
  • Wouldn't pay millions for Woodman even if we had the money and the loan at Swindon will no doubt make Benda an attraction when the window re-opens, while I think John, Kalulu and Cullen not good enough to start the new season, whenever that happens. Wouldn't surprise me if Roberts is offloaded, don't think he suits Cooper's line-up and Roberts's body language prior to the season halting didn't impress.

If, after a few games the team finds itself out of contention for a Play Off place then I think Benda should be handed the number one shirt for the remaining matches.
    SeaJack
  • Forget next season's team, if and its a big if we get to the play offs and actually get promoted, then all the loan signings will stay. VDH would stay because he wouldn't get a better offer, same with Roden.  We started the season well, so there is nothing to stop us repeating that great August last year.  It will be unpredictable. Just one set of fixtures going right for us and we could be in the top 6 by Sunday.   Our form pre lockdown wouldn't have got us there but who knows, its like a new mini season.   Balls it up and its the complete opposite,  out of contracts will be gone, loans will be gone, Roden, Roberts sold, so lets hope we do well for 4 weeks, otherwise there will be no experience left and we will slide fast
    SeaJack
  • I’m not too sure that we’ll make the playoffs despite only 3 points being in it. Apart from the beginning of the season, every time I’ve gotten my hopes up with any game you care to name, it’s been dashed. However I would like and hope to be proved wrong about this as you would guess. If the elusive chance for a promotion isn’t on the cards this season then I can see us cheering on a totally different team next season for better or for worse.
  • SeaJack said:
    I’m not too sure that we’ll make the playoffs despite only 3 points being in it. Apart from the beginning of the season, every time I’ve gotten my hopes up with any game you care to name, it’s been dashed. However I would like and hope to be proved wrong about this as you would guess. If the elusive chance for a promotion isn’t on the cards this season then I can see us cheering on a totally different team next season for better or for worse.
    Well lets hope we sprint like the first 9 games of the season. 27 points to play for only Forest Leeds and Millwall have better goal differences than us, so they all leak goals, a good run of goals from Brewster and Ayew. Its a good hand we have been dealt in fixtures, so lets hope we play it
    SeaJack
  • Wouldn't pay millions for Woodman even if we had the money and the loan at Swindon will no doubt make Benda an attraction when the window re-opens, while I think John, Kalulu and Cullen not good enough to start the new season, whenever that happens. Wouldn't surprise me if Roberts is offloaded, don't think he suits Cooper's line-up and Roberts's body language prior to the season halting didn't impress.

If, after a few games the team finds itself out of contention for a Play Off place then I think Benda should be handed the number one shirt for the remaining matches.
    Good idea about Benda featuring but Cooper said in yesterday's press conference that none of the loan players are available to us He specifically mentioned Brandon Cooper, Evans and Benda when he talked about that.
  • @Phillip 'Our form pre lockdown wouldnt have got us there" re playoffs. I disagree but for a lottery odds sequence in 3 away games we would be 2 pts clear in 6th right now and only 2 pts behind 3rd, 4th and 5th

Hull, BlackBurn & Fulham all scored in the 95th minute in our last 3 away games otherwise we would have had 7pts instead of 2. Injury time goals happen but seriously 3 consecutive deep into IT so I would say our form was good pre lockdown

1 defeat in last 5 and that was to one of thos 95th minute goals
    Jackareme
  • One win in the last eight tells the story .
  • Interesting @Colin_swansea - and I agree about Connor's body language. But he is IMO the best right back at the club and one of the few players that we have who is genuine top level quality (his international performances tell us that). His career is being derailed by having Andre Ayew in front of him- who I would generously describe as talented but maverick.
    SVJack
  • Interestingly (parking results for a moment) the most encouraging part of our form was the WBA game. Yes it ended goalless but with Kalulu wide right stretching the game and Ayew and Brewster providing mobility we really looked dominant against the Baggies. 

If we can focus on width, pace and moving the ball quickly we CAN beat anyone in this league on any given day. I can hear my late father though repeating @Malc stat analysis - one win in 9 tells a story good fortune or no luck. 

I also think the first 3 or 4 games of this 9 game play off push are critical. if we can gain some momentum and then add VdH back alongside Joe we will be very competitive. Lose/draw the first 3-4 games and we will all be on the beach (if we stay 6 feet apart).
  • @Jackareme Connor. I agree. Bad body language cos Ayew keeps screwing him. Number of bursting runs into space in final third he does and Ayew just keeps his head and the ball to himself and tries to take everyone on
    Jackareme
  • Watching man Utd tonight 
    lindlehof-pallister 
    bruce -maguire
    theres absolutely no comparison they’re in a different stratisfere! That’s why big mike is so important to us!
  • Sorry Brownie  ,

Which thread are you talking about 
  • Sorry malc I just had to comment on how good mvdh is for us and the comparison of overated over priced over paid players to years gone past! Iff I’m on the wrong thread I apologise 
  • Yes he did a really well last season , previously  was a back up to the centre  backs at the time , hasn't  played since mid October this season , 

Looks as if he wants to leave , wouldn't  sign a contract  , so time to go .
  • Are we going to get a repeat of Augusts form, at least the first 45 minutes looks like.

Lucky we are not down to 10 but the score could have been 5-0.

Lets just hope we don't start defending deep but keep attacking, we could need that goal difference.

I will keep being optimistic and still think we can make the play offs, what we have left to play I see only Leeds and NF who can do us damage.