Football betting site Betway

Hope for defeat ?

So, the owners have a real problem now. If we should get to the final, I can see both saying a prayer for a defeat. If by some miracle we should achieve promotion, what would they do ?

We hardly have a squad in place for Championship survival next season let alone the PL. Would they find it in themselves to pull a few players in or simply think it is some great bit of good fortune, allow us to be battered every week and take the TV money and more parachute payments after a record for the lowest points of all time in the PL ?

jasper_TbankjackMark_Jack_Londonbarry

Comments

• Premier league club with little or no debt will be an easier thing to sell. They’ll be praying we win
  • If promotion happened .I would expect that they would not wish to lose their reputations by allowing the club to meekly founder.As Chatz says we would also be eminently saleable .
  • They spent a fortune trying to keep us in the division, why wouldn't they want promotion? "Saying a prayer for defeat" good lord.
  • Why would they be praying for defeat as the prospect of getting back to the premier would make it a better chance of selling their shares . Few months back you were yelping about relegation and administration now with an outside chance  of promotion as slim as it might be you’r yelping at that prospect . Can’t please some people 
  • Don't  bite guys  nothing to discuss 
  • jasper_T said:
    They spent a fortune trying to keep us in the division, why wouldn't they want promotion? "Saying a prayer for defeat" good lord.
    The guy is an *********
  • Andrew2 said:
    So, the owners have a real problem now. If we should get to the final, I can see both saying a prayer for a defeat. If by some miracle we should achieve promotion, what would they do ?

We hardly have a squad in place for Championship survival next season let alone the PL. Would they find it in themselves to pull a few players in or simply think it is some great bit of good fortune, allow us to be battered every week and take the TV money and more parachute payments after a record for the lowest points of all time in the PL ?

yawn
  • Think we will see Messi and Bale brought in next season then ?
  • jasper_T said:
    They spent a fortune trying to keep us in the division, why wouldn't they want promotion? "Saying a prayer for defeat" good lord.

Not quite sure they spent a fortune. All they did was reinvest (extremely badly) most of the money they made on selling the likes of Shelvey, Bony and Sigurdsson. There's no way they were out of pocket personally.

PS this reply is not intended as an endorsement of the original post in any way. 
  • jasper_T said:

Not quite sure they spent a fortune. All they did was reinvest (extremely badly) most of the money they made on selling the likes of Shelvey, Bony and Sigurdsson. There's no way they were out of pocket personally.

PS this reply is not intended as an endorsement of the original post in any way. 
    The club brought in a fortune and they spent it in big fees and expensive long term contracts we're still paying. Whether they personally invested more of their own money is beside the point entirely.
  • Come on now Andrew rejoice o young man in thy youth!
  • Remind me again Andrew. Why do you follow the Swans? You need to take a time out on the doom and gloom. It can’t be good for you to not get any joy from what just took place on Wednesday.
  • Brownie
    Little to rejoice until we have owners who will support the club, a manager who plays football the correct way and at least two players worth watching.
    I for one do not fancy attending home games getting battered every week do you ? 
    Pablo
  • If Steve Cooper has seen the light with this current formation and tactics and doesn’t revert to the ones he employed before, then I think we can wave goodbye to the woes of the majority of this season in the rear view window. There is something to look forward to at the moment in the form of 2 potentially 3 important games that decide where we are next season. The time to reflect is when the dust settles after the game on either the 29 July or 4 August 2020.
  • Andrew2 said:
    Brownie
    Little to rejoice until we have owners who will support the club, a manager who plays football the correct way and at least two players worth watching.
    I for one do not fancy attending home games getting battered every week do you ? 
    Fancying it has nothing to do with it. We do it because it's in our blood, our dna. If you don't like it, go follow PSG. STID. 
    SeaJackJackaremebankjackMark_Jack_LondonBobGingergit
  • This plank needs to find a new club