Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Preston North End v Swans - Championship 2020/21

edited September 15 in Swansea City

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Preston North End v Swans Championship game on Saturday, 12 September 2020 at 3pm.

Referee Robert Jones will be assisted by Adrian Holmes and James Mainwaring, with Richard Wild the 4th Official for the game.

A live stream of the game can be bought from the Official Swans TV Live service for £10.

Have a browse of the Preston North End v Swansea City Head to Head Statistics since their first meeting in 1925.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Steve Cooper's pre or post match comments, team selection and your score predictions in this discussion thread.

Comments

• Looking at the results over the last few years, where we have struggled to win at Deepdale, in fact the last win I can remember was the midweek game where Ferrie thundered in that canonball from 40 yards.

The preseason hasnt gone well, so we are about as oven-ready as one of Bojo the clown's trade deals, whereas PNE have had a full preseason including 6 friendlies including against 3 PL teams and only lost in the last match against Everton 2-0 (2 draws against Sheff Utd and Burnley).

Normally I'd go a draw with this match but I am still struggling to see where our goals are going to come from. I am hoping our defence is sorted by the players coming back, and our midfield can remeber how to pass.

I'm hoping for a win, but sadly expecting an uncomfortable loss, optimistically 0-2.

Please SC conjure up a Middlesborough performance.

• I would think the goals will come from Ayew and Lowe

With Preston having a full pre season they will not be as poor like Middlesbrough were .

• Pity they couldnt manage it against Newport!

• Undercooked in pre season - had a short break and nasty memories of losing play off semi

Minus Brewster and VDH - who was unfit in the play off games anyway

Have not replaced either

2-0 loss - hope it's no worse

• PNE no mugs, will do well to get a draw here, tough start to the season

• It’s going to be difficult not to predict a loss with this one. A draw would be an excellent result all things considered.

• Regardless of pre season results (agreed it is questionable whether Newport consititued pre season) we actually have an outstanding record of opening day performances.

I expect the togetherness of the squad, a revitalised back 5 with Smith adding some experience and steel to see us all right in this game.

We saw none of it last week but MGW Lowe and Ayew are not bad players at this level and will/should be a threat.

PNE are good - but we are usually quick to put rubber on the road - 1-3 to the Swans. God i love drinking beer in the afternoon!!

FyldeJackSeaJack
  • Only 3 pts off top - with a game in hand!

FyldeJackGingergitMark_Jack_London
  • Here's hoping for a better performance today, and we have tightened up all round.

Some very hefty squads in the championship at the mo, but lots of time until the end of the window.

I wasnt that impressed with Watford yesterday, I think this could be a very open Championship this season.

Looking forward to the match even though its with some trepidation.

COYS

• Today's line up -

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Ben Cabango, Joe Rodon, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Morgan Gibbs-White; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Kyle Naughton, Jay Fulton, Wayne Routledge, Yan Dhanda, Kristoffer Peterson, Liam Cullen.

• Literally picked itself - which shows how little top quality depth we have right now COYS!!!!!!

FyldeJack
  • Maybe it shows this could be our best 11 , remember under Potter and at time Cooper they didn't know their best 11

• Well done Brum good 1-0 v Brentford.

Now Come on you Swans

• Shirt colors way too similar.

• Cardiff one down.....

RiddimSi
  • edited September 12

I'm struggling to tell the difference between the shirt colours. Our away shirt looks like my old Swans shirts after some careless laundry incidents..

FyldeJack
  • Guehi looking stylish again, Jamal looks ready but no pattern to our play yet.

RiddimSi
  • Lowe looks lively...

RiddimSi
  • A little more passing from us, but our CBs are very narrow again.

RiddimSi
  • Trying to play a passing game, not quite working yet, but kudos for trying

RiddimSi
  • edited September 12

Pushing down the right now, rather than just the left. Matt is trying to play a more forward controlling game, not quite working but good to see.

RiddimSi
  • Jamal being combative up front but we are missing a targetman

RiddimSi
  • Nice move down the leftbidwell and Ayew combined well. Jamal shot blocked. Good incisive passing

RiddimSi
  • Good build up play on the right. Connoe zipped a cross but no-one could get on the end of it

RiddimSi
  • Creating some chances now.

RiddimSi
  • Korey Smith just starting to get involved and shouting instructions.

RiddimSi
  • Good pressing by us. A bit of a surprise how well we are pressing

RiddimSi