Football betting site Betway

Developing Academy Players

Our first team squad is now taking shape and in the named 23 to date, Rushesha aged just 17, is included.

I had hoped that Joe Lewis would also be included as our sixth CB after Naughton and a new signing. He needs to be around the first team if he is to develop

Secondly I appreciate that Rushesha is not yet ready as our RWB but hopefully will get valuable experience this year. Now we are also light at LWB with no real cover for Bidwell, I expect us to make a signing here soon, but we also have three promising youngsters in the Academy who play LWB. They are in no particular order Matthew Blake Jordi Govea and Jacob Jones. One of these should now be with the first team squad being prepared for next season.

Colin_swansea

Comments

• I haven't seen Govea or Matty Blake around for a long while. Jacob Jones has spent time with the senior side.

Not sure if that's Jake or Josh Thomas starting today. Bevan and Rushesha both play right back and midfield so shape unclear. Harry Jones and Cameron Congreve first year scholars.

• Is it a friendly game or the start of matches in the Development League.

• edited September 14

Think it's a PDL fixture.

Swans 1-0 up Williams free kick.

• I concur Jasper. Silence is golden:-).

• HT 3-0 Swans smashing them. D Wills, Peterson and Garrick with the goals.

Follow text on https://twitter.com/CF11Academy

• 3-1 now...........................

• 4-1 now................

• 5-1-----------------

• Good God, they’re flying in.

• If this is the standard of opposition in Cat 2 whats the point? May as well do a Brentford and arrange games for a 'b' side.

• Full time 5-1........

• Can we have that sort of opposition for the Championship please?

• We've played Cat 2 sides in cup competitions before, it's not always a walk in the park and we won't always have Peterson and even Garrick playing due to first team involvement (or departures).

Hopefully we have a strong side who can dominate teams at this level but don't read too much into opening day. Great win to start the season.

• Looks like John Grey and Martin Davies(keeper coach) will be running our U23's according to official site.

• I’d agree to enjoy the moment & not rush to judgement about the standard: our U23s got turned over by Colchester in last season's U23 cup (& Matty Blake got thoroughly outpaced in the breakaway goal). A number of our team today suffered a difficult baptism with the U18s last season. Good for them to record a win today.

On the evidence of last season, I’d say Jacob Jones definitely has something to offer at left back.

If we’ll ever see Govea again, who knows.

• Some notable omissions from the U23 squad

Ben Ericksson Matthew Blake Jordi Govea Josh Thomas

Any news on these anyone?

• Believe Blake is injured

• Interesting that Joe Lewis not involved with U23s but also not in first team squad yet He would be treading water if he stays with U23s

• Brandon Cooper settling in well at Newport. Another 90 minutes as they beat Cambridge with a very un-Newport-like 70% possession. They've been infected with Swansea DNA. Watford in the next round.

Josh Sheehan might be off to Bristol Rovers though, would be a massive loss to them.

SeaJack
  • Jack Evans made his debut for Pafos tonight in a cup game against Ayia Napa. Toshack and Richards' boys won 5-1 and might have had a decent night out afterwards.

SeaJackSVJack
  • There’s that 5-1 scoreline again. Can the first team make it a hat trick on Saturday against Birmingham I wonder?

• RGDRGD
    edited September 17

Under 18s v Cardiff this Saturday I think, though nothing from Swans yet

• I'm looking forward to seeing Akande and Campbell in our side, both will be full time pros soon

• Yes Campbell is and Akande will join him in October

• In addition, I have been impressed with some of our home grown youngsters eg Jacob Edwards, Kai Ludvigsen, Josh Edwards, Joel Cotterill and also another signing Erick Kenco. The U18s have a number of promising players who could come through, what do you think Jasper?

• Ludvigsen and Josh Edwards good signs yes. Don't know much about Jake. Having a Jake and Josh Thomas was hard enough to keep straight. Kenko did alright for the u23s when I saw him, given his age. Neat and tidy midfielder.

Looking forward to seeing how the two Wrexham boys Butler and Cian Williams get on this season.

• Cameron Congreve involved with 23s this week is only 17 of course

• 16, first year scholar. He's another on the list of well-thought-of names, a few games for the u18s last season.