Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Coventry City v Swansea City - Championship 2020/21

edited October 21 in Swansea City

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Coventry City v Swans Championship game on Tuesday, 20 October 2020 at 19:45pm.

The game is being played at the St Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium, home of Birmingham City, whom Coventry are currently ground sharing with.

Referee Keith Stroud will be assisted by Jonathan Hunt and Sam Lewis, with Leigh Doughty the 4th Official for the game.

A live stream of the game can be bought from the Official Swans TV Live service for £10.

Have a browse of the Coventry City v Swansea City Head to Head Statistics since their first meeting in 1915.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Steve Cooper's pre or post match comments, team selection and your score predictions in this discussion thread.

Comments

• lets hope some of our new players get opportunities, some of our players need to know there is competition for places.

Jackareme
  • I'd like to see what this Ryan Manning is all about. Thought Bidwell had a quiet game on Saturday so he needs to appreciate that he has some competition for the left wingback spot

• with games coming thick and fast, wingbacks are the natural players to be rotated.

• Who would you have to replace Connor @Mark_Jack_London ?

• Reading some of the QPR message boards, they seem to think that Manning was a better in midfield than he was at left back

• good question.

the obvious candidate is Naughton. but is he attack minded enough? he is certainly a good crosser.

He'd have first dabs at it for me, especially as there is the question of the make-up of the bench. He and Connor are the only two that can cover both sides. So one or the other will always be on the bench, I'd think.

jasper_T
  • I look forward to the new players being involved as the games pile up.

Regarding Ryan Manning.I can't remember the last Irish player playing with us.It was much more common to have players from the emerald isle in times gone by.

• Keeper Brian Murphy perhaps in 2003

• edited October 19

Good interview with Ryan Bennett, he sounds very down to earth and no bullsh1t. I hope he plays like he sounds and he will be a big success.

• Rory Donnelly? 2012-15..

• Tom Butler. Can't recall which years though.

• Who was left back when Jimmy joined the club, was it Vic Gomersall or was he lots earlier

• Terry Phelan was a great left back for us

• Danny Bartley - pre Jimmy and also Irish I believe

StephenR
  • Ryan Casey a regular late 90s/20s neat tidy fullback

• Can Ayew play tomorrow after his brother and Ghana teammates test positive.

Rooney is forced to sit out 3 games after he was in contact with someone testing +ve, even though, like Andre he tested -ve.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54602779

• I doubt many of the new players will be fit enough to feature today, Palmer being the obvious exception.

The others may need more time to get fit and learn the way we play, although they could be on the bench to be brought on depending how the match progresses. There is an argument to keep close to the same team but with an extra proper midfielder, Palmer, instead of one of the front 3 from last week.

Coventry have been reasonable but have conceded goals. However we cant afford to be complacent, especially as they attack through the middle, where we were particularly weak on saturday, and they shoot often.

I can see a number of likely results here depending on whether we can get back to the developing passing game or not.

Im going for a 1-2 Away win, as long as we have 3 midfielders, otherwise I can see 1-1.

• The talk from the Boss is that Ryan Bennett and Ryan Manning are in contention to make their debuts, Bennett for Cabango and Palmer for Victor for me ,

• We have a big match on Saturday so I would make changes v Coventry to assess newcomers. My starting XI tonight would be

Woodman

Cabango Bennett Guehi

Robert's Fulton Manning Bidwell

Palmer

Gyokeres Cullen

On Saturday, Palmer cant play so bring back Ayew and probably Smith and Grimes.

• Unless he is carrying a strain we aren't aware of there is no way an experienced player like Bennett will be on the bench, Manning might be, but not Bennett. Kasey will play as he will miss Saturday's match against his parent club, Fulton will also come into consideration while the match fitness of the Man City player is something only Cooper will now.

• Cooper says the Man City player is not up to speed with his fitness ,

• It's time to give Cullen a chance with a run of 2/3 games from the start. I think it is best to partner him with a physically strong player like Gyokeres. He needs a run of 2/3 games starting but dont forget he has always scored goals and we need that.

• I'd have Cullen alongside Ayew should he ever make a start for us as they seemed to do a lot of talking in the cameos so far. Wouldn't fancy two kids up top at the same time when we have other options. Ayew + poacher worked last season.

• The loss on Saturday hasn’t dampened my spirits surprisingly. A loss tonight however and I may well feel that bit more apprehensive about the Bristol encounter on Saturday. I would say that a 1-2 win for the Swans is on the cards. These next two games will be the perfect opportunity to establish a more settled side for the remainder of the campaign.

• 6 games in 18 days isn't the time to establish a settled side. If we're not actively rotating we'll be hurting for the Brentford and Norwich games.

Mark_Jack_LondonRGD
  • Bennett in for Naughton only change

• One change Ryan Bennett for Kyle

• A little concerned whether we have enough numbers in midfield today

Mark_Jack_London
  • The new strip looks good