Football betting site Betway

Match Discussion: Swans v Sheffield Wednesday - Championship 2020/21

edited November 26 in Swansea City

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Swans v Sheffield Wednesday Championship game on Wednesday, 25 November 2020 at 7:45pm.

Referee Andy Woolmer will be assisted by Michael George and Daniel Leach, with John Busby the 4th Official for the game.

A live stream of the game (for non-season ticket holders) can be bought from the Official Swans TV Live service for £10.

Have a browse of the Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday Head to Head Stats since the first meeting at the Vetch Field in 1928.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Steve Cooper's pre or post match comments, team selection and your score predictions in this discussion thread.

Comments

• So, with an extra day between Wednesday and Forest, does Cooper twist or stick. He'll obviously have to twist for the Boro game, where there is a day less to recover.

I'd be tempted to rest Jay, and stick Smith in for one of these next two games.

How he manages to rest 4 of the back 5 will be a challenge, with the injury to Guehi. Manning can obviously cover for Jake Bidwell.

And Palmer can step in for Yan.

Up top is the biggest challenge. Lowe will probably have to go again. Maybe Wayne could fill in. Will Gyokeres be covid clear by Saturday, to travel for Sunday's game? it will be tight, depending on when he was tested - and if he is back in Swansea.

• Agreed @Mark_Jack_London - for what its worth I saw enough of Manning to give him a start against the Owls and i would also switch out Fulton for Smith and Palmer for Dhanda.

Central midfield and wing back are the physically high stress positions in our line up - and i would make changes. Looks like Guehi and Ayew can also step in to give a break to another of the centre backs and strikers.

Connor is a different conversation - he needs monitoring, but he is such an athletic freak show that we might be able to wheel him out again every other day.

if all are fit I go

Woodman

Cabango Bennet Guehi

Roberts Smith Grimes Manning

Palmer

Ayew Cullen

our bench then contains Naughton Fulton Lowe Dhanda Bidwell etc. - all impact players potentially.

i feel really good about our comparative squad strength.

• Ayew and Guehi are still major doubts, so I doubt either will start.

• I'd go with Dhanda to start for 60 minutes extra creativity

He's confident at the moment

• Hope he gives Ryan Manning a runout tomorrow. There's a danger of him being in the same situation as he was with QPR where he was not getting game time and then becoming unsettled. I'd like to see a bit more of him anyway just to see if he can give us a bit more than Bidwell who,in fairness,has found his niche in the wingback position.

Jackareme
  • On the rotation system it's Mannings' turn for a game anyway

• I think Manning has a better scoring record. And while Jake has found the net this season. He did miss two chances in the last game.

Admittedly, Manning has also played in midfield.

• Here's the link for the Digital Match Programme for the game tonight...

• Woodman

Conor - Bennett - Naughton - Cabango - Manning

Smith - Grimes

Dhanda

Lowe Cullen ( unless Andre is fit )

• ...............................................................Woodman..............................................................

............................Cabango......................Bennett..................Latibeaudiere......................

Connor...................................Smith..........................Grimes................................Manning

.................................................................Palmer.................................................................

...................................Jamal....................................................Liam...................................

• Its difficult to see this match not being decided by one goal. They will be hard to break down with Pulis in charge. I'd love a 3-0 win but can't see beyond a hopeful 1-0.

Change of wine today, going for a very nice Rioja to evoke the spirit of Northern Spanish football.

Pass and move here we come.

Jackareme
  • Last few games for both sides decided by only 1 goal so I agree goalfest unlikely, going to say 2-1 swans. Good choice jackraven but it's still no ribera , unfortunately the nearest team to that region is probably Valladolid 😂

• @Malaga

Lets see how the Rioja fairs today, I might need new blood on Saturday

• Live on Sky Arena tonight.

• edited November 25

Smith in for Jay only change.

Good to see Dhanda getting a run of starts. Not been convinced so far he has what it takes to play at the top but could be good at this level. A Celina with a better attitude.

SeaJack
  • At least Ayew is on the bench, so he must be nearly fully fit. Our defenders are in for some heading duels with Pullis in charge though.

• yes good to see him have a chance to impress ,

Ayew on the bench .

• I'm disappointed with SC for leaving Manning out of this one.

I'm glad that Cullen's getting another shout though

Jackareme
  • Given the prospect of burn out and the constant references to squad rotation , I'm surprised that Manning and Palmer are not being given many opportunities

Jackareme
  • Close to match start now...........

• Good that we are away on the weekend we can plant some potatoes on this ploughed field

SeaJack
  • Barry Bannan is a good midfielder, we need to control him and their midfield.

• No, there are trying to create a second Vetch field, so they will be planting vetch.

• .....and here we go.

• Looks like Naughts playing left CB.

• They are set up to defend from the front, this will be hard to break them down

• Well done good pass to jamal and first corner

• 5 mins gone we are positive but they are looking to defence in depth