Home The Lounge

University sporting Alumni

Before the matches televised on Swans TV, there is always a VT of the University sporting Alumni. I noticed that one of them is a Lillicrap, is she related to the late departed Richard, anyone know?

Comments

• Who knows

But Phil Raybould went from the uni to the Swans in the late 60's

Didn't play too many times though

• edited December 2020

Some links between the Swans and Swansea University.

Former Liverpool keeper Mike Hooper played one match for the Swans reserves in the early 80's whilst studying at Swansea University where he received a first class degree in English Literature.

Non-league International Peter Suddaby was a student at Swansea University in the late 1960's prior to signing for Blackpool in 1970 where he made over 300 league appearances.

Swansea University students Clive Jerrett and David Pugh both played for the Swans reserves in March 1972 and regularly during the first half of the 1972/73 season.

Irish International winger Willie Humphries coached the Swansea University football team during his latter years at the Vetch Field and prior to returning to play in Northern Ireland for Ards.

Swansea University student Ivor Zneimer made Welsh League appearances for Fforestfach and Football Combination appearances for the Swans in season 1956/57, season 1957/58, and in season 1958/59. 

With thanks to Niall O'Brien.

Arch_Stantonniallo11
  • The team including Peter Suddaby and Phil Raybould, and coached by Willie Humphries won 2 successive UAU championships in the late 1960’s, arguably the most successful team in the history of Swansea University sport. 3 other members of the team were to represent Wales at amateur international level - David Williams ( St. Asaphs Grammar School ), Tony Nancurvis ( Dynevor Grammar ) and Geoff Anthony ( Dynevor )

3 points tomorrow !

niallo11
  • Yes I remember Peter Suddaby kicking lumps out of Morriston players in the late 60's

My cousin was in goal for Morriston at the time