Match Discussion: Swans v Watford - Championship 2020/21

edited January 4 in Swansea City

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Swans v Watford Championship game on Saturday 2 January 2021 at 3pm.

Referee Darren Bond will be assisted by Daniel Leach and Mark Pottage, with John Busby the 4th Official for the game.

Take a look at the Swans v Watford Head to Head Stats when the sides have met at the Liberty Stadium and Vetch Field, since their first meeting in 1920.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Steve Cooper's pre or post match comments and team selection.

Comments

• One bit of good news , their influential mid midfield player Etienne Capoue has joined Villarreal ,

They don't score many goals , Deeney and Sarr are their main strikers .

Another tough game coming , they have struggled a bit , sacked their manager .

• Will be interesting who plays the Central Defender.

I think Cabango is better suited to battle with Troy Deeney,

He is only young but is growing in stature every game.

Will be an interesting battle.

• Cabango went centre last night and can see the same happening against Watford. Both other centre halves are better coming out with the ball while he sits

• I’m really looking forward to this clash although I’m tempering my optimism of a win as Watford are a tricky customer. A draw would be my best effort of a prediction based on their capabilities but, who knows, if lady luck is on our side we can go within 1 point of the leaders of the league (albeit this is based on them losing to Barnsley). Anyone have any updates on the return of MGW?

• A Happy New Year and welcome to the second half of the campaign (well almost).

This match has the first team to score wins written all over it. So hoping for a 1-0 win today.

COYS

• With a bit of luck MGW us back in the squad today. His missis is excited for today anyway.

• Deeney , Sarr and Gray up front for them ,

Big test for our defence today , Gibbs White on the bench that is good news .

• Is Kyle Naughton injured, as I would have expected him to be on the bench, at least, as cover?

• Yes Naughton injured..😪

• So just Cam Evans and Ryan Manning as defensive cover. I hope there are no more defensive injurieSs today

• Ryan Manning to start ahead of Latibeaudiere, must be a problem there

• Oli Cooper added to the bench, Latibeaudiere injured in warm up

• Must be cold over there. I see Newport game cancelled for frozen pitch

• Here we go for 2021, COYS

• A bit of reorganising Ryan at LWB, Jake at LCB

• Ben cabango letting Deeny know he's there, an untidy first 5 mins and Jamal looks in injury trouble

• Great Move exceelnt cross from Connor across the goal, a touch and it would be in.

• Big test now with this reorganised defence

• 10 mins gone, one exceelnt chance and a half chance

• ....and another excellent chance

• Jake is playing well and so is Connor. we need to put one away

• Roberts on fire, got to make more of his crosses.

I hear we’ve got the delights of Wyndham on commentary. 😊

• whewthat was close, a good cross and a scramble that freddie manages to save

• Good cross from Manning but just too high for Andre

• Corner to Watford, they look like if they get an opportunity they will put it away

• Jamal is working very hard up front on his own.

• 0-1 to Watford, long shot form edge of the box. This match just got a lot tougher

• Shite............Freddie could have done better there

• Very poor from Woodman there