Joe Rodon Transfer

edited January 10 in Swansea City

Joe Roden must be kicking his heels in Tottenham after his transfer from Swansea. With Jose Mourinho freezing him out,not even on the bench for Spurs. Surely for the player's,and Club best interest, he could have signed for Spurs then loaned back to the Swans for the rest of the season.

The way this deal has panned out its not of benefit to anyone. Jose has stated that he is on the lookout for a central defender in this transfer window. Joe must be wandering what he has to do to get selected. This must surely be a warning to players from lower leagues not to jump ship to quickly.

I wonder if Swans could get Joe back for the rest of the season and get him playing again. it would do wonders for his confidence.

Comments

• Are you looking at the Spurs squad for the League Cup games he was cup tied , started a game or two , always on the subs bench .

• He was unlucky to miss the closing date for Europa group stage registration as well. Only been eligible for the important PL games.

J4cka
  • @kokomo I partially see your point - however you could argue that Joe's sale was greatly to the benefit of the Swans.

Sure Joe should have commanded a higher transfer fee, but the amount of cash received is only important in the context of what you do with it.

The Swans have remodeled the best defence in the country and a WAY deeper squad off the back of that transfer deal - so OUR club benefitted for sure.

SeaJackArch_StantonWyn
  • You can watch Joe play tonight for Spurs away at Marine .

• Spurs captain Ben Davies , Bale on the bench .

• Rodon’s had a good solid game against Marine. Their centre-forward Cummings is a bit of a handful and puts himself about, but Joe’s handled him well. He always seems to be in the right place, so makes it look easy. I don’t think it’ll be too long before he’s established in their first team. Yes I know it’s only Marine but Joe’s got class to spare.

• "A bit of a handful" is a nice way to put it. Looks a horrible sort with a chip on his shoulder, trying to start fights at 5-0 down. Had a go at Alli and next time the ball came up Big Joe made sure to go through him. Jose will like that.

Still runs like his boots are two sizes too small though.

• I can't see him breaking the first team @Jackrabbit, as much as I would like it. Not with José in charge anyway.

• lovely story about the 16 year old Devine scoring his first goal ,

Jack Clarke looked sharp when he came on , a win win for football and the F A Cup ,

Marine sold 25,000 virtual tickets .