Match Discussion: Huddersfield Town v Swans - Championship 2020/21

edited February 21 in Swansea City

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Huddersfield Town v Swans Championship game on Saturday, 20 February 2021 at 3pm.

Referee John Brooks will be assisted by Matthew Jones and Akil Howson, with Leigh Doughty the 4th official for the game.

Have a browse of the Huddersfield Town v Swansea City Head to Head Statistics from their first meeting in Yorkshire in 1952 to the present day.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Steve Cooper's pre or post match comments and team selection.

Comments

• Is anyone else having difficulty purchasing the Huddersfield pass on Swans Live TV ?

When I follow the link, the only option is for last night's Forest match. There is no Huddersfield option.

• They probably haven't updated it yet @deekay 👍️

They need a proper webmaster like the one on here 😂

deekayJackaremeStephenR
  • Incompetence if you ask me. They set the link up, yet can't follow that up by making sure the booking details are also available and working. Basic website management.

• @deekay

Its up on Swans TV live now.

• edited February 19

Another tricky match tomorrow. Huddersfield are one of the few teams who can do the double over us this season.

They played well against us last time, a good passing game, excellent use of the wings and their formation shift from their usual 4-3-3 to a genuine 3-5-2 together with good pressing gave them dominance in midfield, which we didnt get to terms with until we shifted back to our usual 3-4-1-2.

That's the formation I'd expect this time and we need to be certain we don't get outnumbered in midfield. The team will be very similar to midweek, the big decision is the midfield. We have a number of options. There is a strong case for Dhanda to start, but almost as strong for Korey or Jay. Matt and Hourihane will play but Hourihane is better central or left and not as effective on the right where he was most of the midweek match.

So I'd hope for:

......................................................................Freddie...................................................................

.........................Cabango..............................Bennett..................................Guehi.......................

Connor.................................Smith.......................................Matt...................................Manning

..................................................................Hourihane..................................................................

...............................Ayew....................................................................Lowe.................................

If Smith doesnt play then I'd expect Hourihane to drop back and Yan play in the more forward position. I've included Manning, as a personal choice as he carries the ball well and gets into the box with it but probably SC will start Bidwell.

I'm hoping for a better performance and perhaps a 1-2 or hopefully 0-2 and another clean sheet.

COYS

• I have no doubt that Bidwell will start every away game unless he needs to be rested. Cooper will be thinking clean sheet as his starting point and nicking the win with some quality in the final third.

I think Morris and Arriola could see some more minutes in place of Ayew and Lowe - who are starting to look ponderous to my untrained eye (effort levels are still off the scale though)

• Thanks. It was up yesterday evening, about 6-7 hours after the link first went up. This is not the first time this has happened this season.

• They have injury problems and haven’t won this year, we are on a great run can mean only one thing!

• Some inside knowledge from Ben Hamer could be useful .

• Hope they haven't had the rainfall we have had in South Wales , and the pitch is o k .

• edited February 20

A couple of years back when the two brothers were managing there, they tried to kick us all through the game.

• Tricky one today, it seems the social media experts think we'll roll them over. I'm convinced Morris will start with Lowe on the bench for a well deserved rest.

0-1

• Fancying a 2 nil won today, Lowe to score 1st and Morris to come off the bench a secure the win.

• Today has all the hallmarks of a Huddersfield win. They haven't won in 2021 we haven't lost cup aside. We have always been generous in ending opponents losing streaks down the years. Having said that my heart says 2-1 win, my head a 1 -1

• Same team as Weds .

• Hope we really give them a thrashing today as I really don't like Huddersfield.

Born and bred in Leeds there is the local rivalry and I don't like the thug Hogg (remember the tackle with jordan ayew when ayew got sent off).

And now the have the biggest ****** in football Richard Keogh playing for them!!

• NORWICH one up, that PUKKI again. Good championship goal scorer, but done FA in the premiership.

• Bloody hell mun ....!

• 1-0 to them that's been coming

• off the post almost 2-0, we look lethegic

• Nice shot by andre, we need to take back control of this match

• Don’t like this ref

Jackareme
  • Same old story, not turned up again, they have not won a game in 2021. Don’t worry their manager said, we r playing SWSNSEA CITY today.

• nice take by Freddie but they are getting opportunities at will

• It as if we dont seem to believe we can lose this match, but not in a good way. Let's get some zip in our passing and get players into the box

• Long game for Fulton to be carrying the yellow card

• They are getting the ball out from the back too easily and we are just very sloppy, and not sharp at all.

• Its just too easy for them to get into dangerous positions.

• No energy. This team needs Korey Smith. 4 4 2

• We are pressing 4/5 players with just two, and there is no high backline no wonder they are just playing the ball around very easily.