Swans Ladies on the verge of League and Cup Double

The Swans Ladies need just one point from their final league game of the season today against Abergavenny Women to be crowned Welsh Premier Women's League Champions.

SeaJack

Comments

• Go for it ladies,do your best to cheer up some of my brethren here who are traumatised after yesterday.

• Well the ladies did it but in true Swansea style they did it the hard way!

Despite the Ladies being held to a goalless draw by Abergavenny and missing a 2nd half penalty - the draw was enough to secure a 2nd League in successive years.

SeaJackHellesdonJack
  • Very well done. What they’ve achieved is no mean feat. Has anyone seen them play? Do they play the Swansea Way st all?

• I (used) to watch them most Sunday's before the pandemic started, nowadays not as much (only when photographing the games).

They are very strong defensively but do play out from the back and try and pass their way through/around teams - and have played this way for as long as I've watched them (since early 2017).

When spectators are allowed to watch, I'd recommend going to a game. They play at the Llandarcy Academy of Sport and it's free. A pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon 😀

SeaJackCimlaswan