Match Discussion: France v Wales - International Friendly 2020/21

edited June 3 in Wales

This is the place to discuss all things related to the France v Wales International Friendly on Wednesday, 2 June 2021 at the Stade Allianz Riviera in Nice.

Kick-off is at 8:05pm and the game will be shown live on S4C and Sky Sports Football.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Robert Page's pre or post match comments and team selection.

Comments

• Will be interesting to see if Page goes with 3 centre backs or flat back 4 ,

Game time for Allen and Ramsey will be crucial ,

Looking forward to see us playing the World Champions .

• Agree on the game time. For Ben Davies as well. Need all three to be match fit if we are to get out of the group. Look at the difference in Bale with match fitness.

that and I hope to god no injuries.

• Here's how Wales line up this evening...

• Harsh harsh red

• Makes a mockery of VAR - in real time what the heck was Williams supposed to do - he had his hands in front of his body and was trying to make a challenge. Clear and obvious penalty? Not even in super slow mo for me..

• Ridiculous, pointless red in friendly, helps neither team's prep for the euros. Wales putting up a decent show tho, keeping injury free is the aim here

• I’ve been looking forward to see dan James tear serge Aurier a new one, I didn’t realise he played for Ivory Coast

• Well FWIW I thought that the Wales team gave a good account of themselves. 3-0 at the final whistle after being reduced to 10 men due to an abysmal refereeing decision against the World Cup champions is a good day at the office. And thankfully the match ban for Neco Williams only applies to the next 3 friendlies. Unless of course they decide to challenge the decision which might be worth their while.

FyldeJack
  • They have the makings of a strong squad... and Page doing a decent job to be fair

SeaJack
  • Is it me or do they hoof it less under Page? To me that seemed to be the case.

Jackaremegarythenotrashcougar
  • Agreed @SeaJack - Wales have more quality across the team today than I have seen in my lifetime. The players coming off the bench were proper players.

We were giving a star studded France plenty to think about until that ridiculous sending off.

I hope our Euro group opponents underestimate us - because for sure (if they do not turn up at 100%) Wales will be a real handful at the Euros.

SeaJack
  • Would agree with @Jackareme and @SeaJack there

This is a completely different type of team to 2016 - that side was a little more defensive and relied on Bale for most of its spark. This team gets the ball down more and has more pace and threat from different areas.

If teams are complacent against us, or they just assume we're still the 'Bale + 10' side of five years ago, they'll be in for a shock.

I'm really looking forward to it - perhaps even more so because the odious Giggs isn't there!

JackaremeSeaJack
  • Not another manager you don't rate! 🤣

Before you start I agree with you regarding Giggs.

SeaJack