Home Swansea City

Jamie Searle

Congratulations Jamie, a bold set of choices by the New Zealand manager. I'm sure the experience will do him a lot of good.

moorlandsJackaremeSeaJack

Comments

• Jamie Searle Swans under 23 goalkeeper selected for New Zealand going to the Olympics, wish him all the best .

Swans Academy coaches Kris O'Leary and Byron Anthony taking the under-23 and under18 squads off for 3 days in the Lake District

Looking to challenge the players and themselves on the pre season camp .

SeaJack
  • Malc,

some really exciting youngsters coming through the academy and with the large recruitment programme undertaken, hopefully fans will be able to gain entry at Landore to watch matches.

• Will be good to see them , there is a clear pathway to the first team when joining the Swans .

Absolutely essential good talented players are joing the Swans , they are a lifeline to the clubs success .

SeaJack
  • Absolutely - and that is exactly why I want to see Benda given a chance to start next season - with a steady veteran on the bench as support.

We seem to have a plethora of young goal keepers now (too many?) with the signing of the lad from Everton. Maybe a promotion for Webb to 3rd choice with the first team squad?

• Personally, I would prefer Webb to go out on loan possibly to Torquay and Gary Johnson who we have had a good relationship with in recent seasons. The mandatory(for some) third keeper on matchday could easily be covered by the newly signed Hansen.

The above can be said regarding Dan Williams who needs to step up a level rather than continue in the 23's.

Jackareme
  • Hansen for the early part, will be needed for the U23s with Searle away at the Olympics, and having to isolate on his return.

• Need 3 in each squad to run proper drills and not feel lonely off away from the outfield lads.

Benda, Hamer, Webb

Searle, Hansen, Gould

Evans, Watts, Hughes

SeaJack
  • Yes makes sense @jasper_T - which makes it VERY unlikely we are looking to sign a keeper on loan or permanently for the first team? Personally I am good with this!

• edited July 6

Gould is an odd one out as he's overaged for u23s now and doesn't look like stepping up here. Will likely leave on loan to the Welsh Prem. There could very quickly be space.

Webb's Wales u19s understudy Daniel Barden has gone on loan to Scotland for games. Caught the eye when given a few Championship games in their injury crisis. We didn't trust our own player to do the same if disaster struck so signed up Hamer to cover for Benda's injury. Doubt he'll ever play a minute.

Jackareme
  • Congratulations to Jamie Searle and the New Zealand team reaching the quarter finals

On the bench for the 3 games , must be great experience for him .

SeaJack