Match Discussion: Plymouth Argyle v Swans - Friendly 2021/22

edited July 21 in Swansea City

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Plymouth Argyle v Swans Pre-Season Friendly on Tuesday, 20 July 2021 at 7pm.

Away fans are allowed to attend the game and further details can be found on via the following link - https://www.swanseacity.com/news/tickets-available-swansea-citys-friendly-plymouth

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Steve Cooper's pre or post match comments and team selection.

Comments

• Game being streamed live on the club website

Chris_SharmanWebmaster
  • Swansea City supporters can watch our pre-season friendly at Plymouth Argyle on Tuesday night (7pm) live for free on this website and the club's official app.

The SwansTV Live cameras will be at Home Park to capture all the action from our first official friendly of the summer, and Swans fans from all around the world will be able to access the live stream.

The game is available in all regions and at no cost as the Swans take on the League One Pilgrims.

The stream can be accessed through the homepage of this website. A live tab will appear for supporters to click and access our live coverage.

On the app, the stream will appear in the SwansTV Live section, with supporters needing to ensure they choose the 'Live' table as opposed to the 'Videos' tab.

Commentary will be provided by Anthony O’Connell and honourary club president Alan Curtis MBE.

If any supporters experience issues with the stream they should contact our partners Stream AMG. Details can be found HERE.

Any supporters wishing to attend the game in person can still buy tickets direct from Plymouth Argyle by ringing 01752 907700.

Plymouth’s ticket office is open Monday to Friday 9am to 2pm.

A £1.50 booking fee will apply if supporters require a physical ticket. However, if you wish to opt for the print at home/digital ticket option then there will be no charge.

Ticket pricing is as follows:

Adults - £10

Over-65s - £8

Under-23s - £7

Under-18s - £5

Under-12s - £3

Under-8s - FREE when accompanied by an adult

Plymouth's guide for supporters as fans return to Home Park can be found HERE.

JackaremeSeaJack
  • Congratulations to the club for setting up a stream for supporters - Great job in fan relations!

Gingergit
  • Tonight I'm hoping for a 4-3-3 formation and a passing style of play that goes with it. Ideally boss the midfield and create chances for some of the interesting young attackers we have.

Definitely not a 3-4-3.

Jackareme
  • Glad i decided not to travel down to Plymouth for the game...far too hot in a coach or car and there are some bad drivers out there. Feet up in front of the tele thank you..

JackaremeSeaJack
  • Still nothing on the website for access to the televised match.

• 3rd article down on main news page can’t believe you couldn’t see it

• I am looking forward to having a look at the game later.

It will be interesting to see.or read any comments fro SC after the game.

PS. Where is Gary !!

• @Gingergit

Nothing on SwansTV live, reading the instructions unfortunately doesnt get access tothe stream, we need the stream available

• Looks like a 4-3-3, however slightly surprised at the team selection.

• If you click on the badge icon anywhere in swanseacity.com it takes you to the match centre - the link to the live stream is in the top left corner.

• Home Park looks in good condition, good to see fans back in the ground.

• No Byers at all. Could suggest he's off?

Good to see 4-2-1-3

• Slightly worryingly we are playing with a low block.

• Already too many long balls instead of short passing

• Looking disorganised atm

• Well we are second best in this match so far

• I'm struggling to work out what we are trying to do. I can see what Plymouth are doing, but not sure how we are trying to create opportunities

• Good Strike by Whittaker. We certainly needed that.

• Slowly getting a bit of pattern after a turgid start - happy to see us try and pass the ball - and also to see that we can use young Benda as an option to keep the ball.

I think the intensity of the press will be dictated by the weather.

As I type we are one up - a really good finish from MW - COYS!!

• Good touch for Liam in the six yard box.

• 2-0 now with a scrappy poachers finish from Cullen. So happy to see us looking for passes and playing through the thirds - Jake Bidwell an absolute revelation looking sideways and backwards for available passes and the blinkers really off. Benda a major upgrade with the ball at his feet - it opens up so many opportunities to keep the ball.

If this is the approach that Cooper is taking with the team this year then win lose or draw i will be in for a more enjoyable ride..

jasper_TSeaJack
  • Another thing I love is the new kit - Looks really sharp and a return to the white shorts AWESOME!

• Morgan Whittaker has looked our sharpest player this half.

looking forward to seeing young Kyle Joseph second half and I hope he is as quick as he looks.

• Grown into it,decent performances but Latibeaudiere needs to up his game, as does Cullen

JackaremeMark_Jack_London
  • Grown into the game , Lowe coming back to pick up the ball , good midfield movement at times ,

Brilliant to see and hear all the fans , that is what it is all about ,

The boss giving instructions during the drinks break .

SeaJack
  • Midfield to happy to play passing game at back, need to get on front foot more and speed up the attacks, to many plays pulling the front players back.

• Lowe is coming back into midfield to pick up the ball, but its into space because our midfield isnt there. Not a good performance from midfield as they aren breaking the lines and there isnt enough movement to give the player with the ball options.

I hope we get to see Liam Walsh this half.