Match Discussion: Bristol Rovers v Swans - Friendly 2021/22

edited July 25 in Swansea City

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Bristol Rovers v Swans Pre-Season Friendly on Saturday, 24 July 2021 at 3pm.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on whomever is in charge of the team pre or post match comments and team selection.

Comments

• Live on Swans TV with "dugout Cam" on the red button??

JackRavenWebmaster
  • Bristol Rovers are not allowing in any away fans for their friendlies .

For home fans they will need proof of a double vaccination or a negative lateral flow test .

Face coverings are up to the individual person .

• Seriously though - Live on Swans TV??

• Match off due to covid

• Due to Covid outbreak in swans camp.

• Swansea City’s pre-season fixture against Bristol Rovers has been cancelled due to positive cases of Covid-19 within the first team bubble.

The game was scheduled to take place at the Memorial Stadium on Saturday (3pm).

After positive cases were identified, the club decided it was in the best interests of both players and staff – as well as everyone connected with Bristol Rovers – to cancel Saturday’s game in order to minimise the potential spread of the virus.

In keeping with Welsh Government guidelines, those individuals who tested positive will now undergo a period of isolation.

All staff and players within the first team bubble will undergo ongoing monitoring and testing.

All supporters who purchased a pass for the SwansTV Live stream will be refunded accordingly.

We would like to thank Bristol Rovers for their understanding on this matter and wish them well for the season ahead.

• Would that mean the FGR and Saints matches will be off?

• edited July 24

I wouldnt say disaster. but obviously not ideal.

I think the club have been lucky, up until now, to have avoided an outbreak such as this, for so long.

Be safe out there. Indicates just how the Delta is far more transmissible, and even if you are jabbed, you can still catch it.

I have a friend who is a nurse. She's double jabbed, and tested positive this week.

Thankfully for her, her symptoms at the moment, are no more than a cold. She thinks it would be a hell of a lot worse, if she wasnt double jabbed. I hope it stays that way.

Be safe, everyone.

• With two cancelled friendlies and as its covid, perhaps an impact on the remaining two friendlies, combined with a new coach coming in soon. Its fairly inevitable we will be entering the new season undercooked and adapting to a new style (I hope).

With the first three matches being Blackburn (A), Sheff. Utd. (H) and Stoke City (H), it is a tricky start. At least the Carabou (yes I know its not the spelling) Cup match at home against Reading will be an opportunity to get in more match practice.

That's probably the best way to look at the first few matches, not have to much in the way of great expectations and hope for a couple of pleasant surprises.

SeaJackJackaremeAndrew_North_Hill
  • My thoughts exactly, its got to be a distinct possibility. Now a very tricky start to the season, uncooked and adapting to a new style, hopefully.

Jackareme
  • The Reading cup tie is at the Madjeski

• What a huge let down. I fear that I’ll most likely be getting a refund for next weeks match against Southampton.

• Depends how many players are isolating and how long, I’m isolating now and it’s 10 days, you may need the match played even if it’s to get the U23’s ready to kick off the season worst case scenario. Does anybody know what the punishments are for not being able to field a team in the new season?

• Quite right mis-read the fixture list on teh website somehow.

• Do you mean the select car leasing stadium🤮

• I think it’s going to be mayhem when the season gets underway with postponed games throughout the leagues.

What’s happened to us this weekend will happen across all clubs and will probably be repeated on several occasions with us .

• they'll be doing daily tests for the next week, I'd imagine.

will an enforced weekend off be a blessing?

• As long a Eustace and his new team can work with the squad on bombing forward etc it might be ok.

BUT two weeks away from the opening game we are looking like we have too much to figure out to get a positive start.

Still it is an easy division to play catch up in - RIGHT?

• edited July 24

I'm sorry to say it but the pursuit of Eustace thus far has been a total botch. Why on earth is it taking so long?

Winter confirmed that the club knew Cooper was off 2 weeks ago. The contract for Eustace should have been prepped and ready to sign the minute the severance package was agreed with Cooper.

@Jackareme has mentioned a number of times previously that we were about to find out whether he'd been sleeping on the job or not. Well, I'm afraid that from this vantage point, if he hasn't been sleeping then he's certainly been "resting his eyes", to borrow an old adage my Grandad was once fond of!

It really shouldn't be this difficult and protracted. Should it?

l@Jac@jack4l

Edit: I have no idea why Jac and Jack4 are tagged above, and have no idea how to remove. Apologies.

MikeTasmania
  • The fact that the club haven't been transparent with supporters regarding the number of players that have tested positive tells me it's not a low number, and that gives us a real problem.

I'm not banking on being at the Liberty next Saturday.

SeaJack

• from what I have seen on twitter its 3 people from the first team bubble.

• Twitter says Fulton Grimes and Margetson

• Why are the club expected to tell us everything that is going on!

• Pleased to see Grimes in a way as one of the COVID patients - might just notch down any interest from potential suitors?

• not likely. And it is in our interests to sell him, if he wont sign a new contract.

We cant afford for him to go for free next summer.

And the window has another 38 days before it shuts. So unless he has a bad case of covid (let's hope not), he'll be be fit to play by a week Monday.

• So that we can get a feel for how serious the outbreak is.

Why would you not inform the public about the number? Why would you choose not to be open about something like that?

• they have. three members of the bubble tested positive.

They just haven't named them, as that is right and proper.