Homeโ€บ Swansea City

Match Discussion: Forest Green Rovers v Swans - Friendly 2021/22

edited July 29 in Swansea City

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Forest Green Rovers v Swans Pre-Season Friendly on Wednesday, 28 July 2021 at 7pm.

Away fans are allowed to attend the game and further details can be found on via the following link - https://www.swanseacity.com/news/tickets-available-swansea-city-fans-forest-green-rovers-friendly

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on (probably) Alan Tate's pre or post match comments and team selection.

ยซ134

Comments

• Will this match be shown live on Swans TV

• Apparently so if it goes ahead

• Swansea City supporters can watch our pre-season friendly at Forest Green Rovers on Wednesday (7pm) live on our website and official app.

The SwansTV Live cameras will be at the New Lawn to capture all the action as the Swans visit the League Two side, who reached the play-offs last term.

You can watch wherever you are in the world as our live stream is available in all regions for just £5.

As a commitment to our official club charity partner, Alzheimer’s Society Cymru will receive all the profits from the stream.

Current seasonal and monthly subscribers will be granted free access when they log into their account, while the stream can be accessed through the homepage of our website and the SwansTV section of our official app.

Commentary, starting five minutes before kick-off, will be provided by Anthony O’Connell and club ambassador Lee Trundle.

• Good Luck Tatey and Anthony Wright tonight

• Err Tomorrow @JackRaven ?

• Their going to need it , their playing tomorrow night at 7 PM, see the Webmaster message .

• My god its getting difficult to keep track of the days. Perhaps a chance of a managerial announcement then!

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

JackaremeSeaJack
  • lots of questions being asked of FGR, as there are only 400 tickets for away fans, and they are not selling them in advance, only on the gate.

Good chance there will be more than 400, and people will have a needless drive.

• This will be a tough match. especially in our current state. A definite banana skin.

moorlands
  • I think tonight's game is only a banana skin if you care about the result.

Tatey needs to send the team out to pass the ball, enjoy themselves, work on building familiarity with team mates and get match playing time under their belts.

If we achieve all of this and avoid injuries it will be a success

moorlands
  • Good performances breed confidence. We all need a bit of a confidence lift atm.

From what I have seen of Forest Green they arent slouches, so as I said this wont be an easy match.

If Tatey has managed to get the team playing passing football in a few days we might have at add another name to potential manager list.

• Wales on line:

Matt Grimes misses out due to a slight knock.

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚

They really do treat us as idiots - the club I mean - WOL are reporting what they are told

Mark_Jack_LondonSeaJack
  • Does he not have COVID Jackareme?

• Grimes, Fulton and Margetson should all still be isolating after their positive tests.

Ben Lloyd on the bench. Great to see.

• Not sure - but why would WOL report "a slight knock" as a euphemism for COVID?

Manning and Fulton are notably missing from the match day squad - and there is no comment on the reasons for their absence.

I just think that communication from the club is not only frequently lacking - but treats the supporters as idiots (and who knows maybe we are!)

SeaJack
  • Haha!

I agree regards the lack of communication. Also regards the comment from the WOL.

Strange times. But at least it’s not dull ๐Ÿ˜‰

Looking forward to watching the game regardless.

Jackareme
  • Lewis Webb, Jay Fulton, Ryan Manning and Ben Margetson all tested positive for Covid apparently.

Grimes slight knock LOL

But no word on Byers so he should play unless sold in last hour

• Byers not in the matchday squad tonight - so another "slight knock" euphemism for "We will never see their arse again in a Swans strip"??

• Byers is in Sheffield for talks.

• I want a Tatey press conference afterwards

• Dont worry Mr Winter will use all his negotiating skills....and get us sweet FA in transfer fees.

SeaJack
  • Starting 11

Hamer

Naughton

Cabango

Bennett Capt

Bidwell

Walsh,

Smith

Dhanda

O Cooper

Lowe

Piroe

• You’d have thought they wouldn’t put the camera right behind the scaffolding… swans looking bright and energetic though!

• We are looking very ordinary.

• As expected when trying out new players, newish formation, and no manager ๐Ÿ˜…

• Then dont say we are looking bright and energetic. We arent.

Rhydian
  • There's not been too much of a spark from either side so far, but Lowe looks to spring us into action with a neat run down the left.

He cuts into the 18 yard box, but his shot has the sting taken out of it by a home defender.

UTTER CRAP. Relegation on the cards boys.

• Little structure and still trying to play too much down the wings.

Not Tatey's fault but just looks a continuation of last year.

• Nice ball through but a very heavy touch

• Better passing play but poor ball from Yan