Home Swansea City

Match Discussion: Swans v Southampton - Friendly 2021/22

edited August 1 in Swansea City

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Swans v Southampton Pre-Season Friendly on Saturday, 31 July 2021 at 3pm.

8,200 supporters are able to attend the game and tickets can be bought online or at the Swans Ticket Office.

Those attending the game should read the following guidance issued by the club.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Alan Tate's pre or post match comments and team selection.

Comments

• Can't wait for this one, a chance to welcome our new manager with open arms and see what his preferred style of play i.....

No, wait, hang on...

JackaremeSeaJackMikeTasmania
  • I’m genuinely looking forward to seeing how this game plays out even if I’m not expecting a win for the Swans. On this occasion performance is key more than the result.

• I'm concerned this could be embarrassing. Tatey is doing his best but apart from players getting match time, there isnt much else we can expect at the moment.

MikeTasmania
  • I can see a hammering if they bring a strong first team!

MikeTasmania
  • As I recall it was 7-0 at half time last year

• Swansea City supporters can watch our final pre-season friendly against Southampton on Saturday (3pm) live on our website and official app.

The SwansTV Live cameras will be at the Liberty Stadium to capture all the action as the Swans host the Premier League Saints.

The live stream will be available for £5.

Due to the broadcast rights, the stream will not be available to fans in the following countries: USA, Central America and Caribbean, Sweden, Norway, Russia, Bosnia, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia and Albania.

As a commitment to our official club charity partner, Alzheimer’s Society Cymru will receive profits from the stream.

Current seasonal and monthly subscribers will be granted free access when they log into their account, while the stream can be accessed through the homepage of our website and the SwansTV section of our official app.

Commentary, starting five minutes before kick-off, will be provided by Anthony O’Connell and club legend Leon Britton.

If any supporters experience issues with the stream they should contact our partners Stream AMG via swanstvlive@streamamg.com. Further details can be found HERE.

You can purchase the stream HERE.

• Where are Jordan Garrick and Ryan Manning?

• COVID?? Good question @Jack_14_Army

• edited July 31

@Jackareme

Maybe but they weren't involved in the Plymouth game which was before we were due to play Bristol Rovers.

Either way I want to see these two play more as Cooper was too stupid to realise how good they were.

Jackareme
  • Enjoy the match today everyone, lets hope for good news at the end!

• Here's the link to the digital match programme for today's game:

• Here's the Swans starting line up...

Benda; Naughton, Cabango, Bennett (C), Bidwell; Walsh, Smith, Dhanda; Lowe, Cullen, Whittaker.

Subs: Hamer, Williams, Joseph, Latibeaudiere, Butler, O Cooper, McFayden, Lloyd, Piroe.

• Just renewed my swans live tv sub for the season. Trying to watch Soton game but it still tells me to subscribe. My account billing history shows the payment I made for the season.

Is there something different I need to do to watch the Soton game

• Nice to see the boys already playing some passing football.

• Never mind. I see abover not available in the USA

• Liam Walsh and Korey playing well

jasper_T
  • Ha Ha Ha, I'll take that. Nice cross!

• That was embarassing, cut us open.

• Very Sharp from Soton.

• What was up with Walsh Jack Raven?

• Injury prone Liam Walsh off injured. Not a good omen

• Slightly worryingly looked like an upper leg tweak. That was the area of his last two major injuries.

Fingers crossed.

DenmarkJack
  • Thanks. Hopefully nothing serious. Apparently he’s looked very good pre season.

• Yes and Yes

• Match is on ESPN2

• Anyone fancy a game in midfield next saturday?

Grimes continues with his "slight knock" - I am a believer in miracles and if sold this week I reckon he might recover to start for his new club?

Tough opposition - but we are not tracking runners nd not keeping the ball- I am sure our new manager will need to stamp some authority quickly.

On the plus side (no chance with the 2 goals) i think Benda is a major upgrade on Woodman and the little I have seen of Hamer - particularly with the ball at his feet.

• A few nice passes within a porous midfield in each game so far. I think people want to be impressed by him as much as he's actually been impressive. Gives the ball away a lot.

• Well no he doesnt but he does like to pass forward rather than backward.

• I'd surprised if we dont see Yan off and Piroe on soon.

• We are lacking pace, no-one could keep up with Armstrong on his drive.

We need some pace.