Home Swansea City

PAPERTALK

Firstly, a big thank you to this sites owners for a wonderful format , and for allowing fans to voice opinions be they positive or in my case lately mostly negative ( shamed to have to say haha).

One of my first forays everyday is onto you Papertalk site. I am sure i am not alone in saying the Quality of the Reporting on our Club from the local Media is mixed to put it kindly. Most of the Reporting from WalesonLine is poor to me. Take todays report regarding what the Paper claims is the Agenda for the New Manager. it starts by claiming the pervious Manager did ok getting us too two Playoff finals ,but his football was not up to scratch ,ad libing a touch but come on, that is not a way to treat the Manager who brought us a lot of success despite the lack of real support from the Owners.

He did Swansea City proud, he did what he could with a limited squad and no support in the Transfer Market

I don't mind saying , i believe had the owners invested a few pence in the Squad ,we would have been in the frame for top Two promotion last Season. we lacked fire power and SC wanted to bring in a Forward in January window. had he done so , i believe we would have been in the frame.

Question , is it possible to expand the coverage in Papertalk to the National Press or even online ?

What ever the answer , thank you for a great Site and allowing me to ask such questions!

SeaJack

Comments

• NewsNow covers most, if not all of the sites, as well as the poor ones

bigoak
  • Hi @bigoak thanks for the kind words and continued support.

The problem we have is that only certain national press websites provide a dedicated news feed (i.e. RSS or XML) for Swansea City coverage, the rest provided generic coverage of specific divisions.

When the Swans were in the Premier League, obviously more of them coverage clubs individually.

This is why the list on our Papertalk page is currently limited to a small number of publications, which invariably means that the media outlets that produce the most content (about the Swans in this case) will seem to populate the listings on the page.

Sadly this does mean (quite often) that the quality of the reporting/journalism is of the Wales Online variety and not the Guardian/Independent for example.

As @Colin_swansea rightly says NewsNow is an alternative BUT you can sometimes end up with the same problem.

bigoak
  • Hi @Webmaster.

Thank you for the heads up and post. I totally understand the issues now.

Thanks again