Home Swansea City

Match Discussion: Swans v Sheffield United - Championship 2021/22

edited August 15 in Swansea City

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Swans v Sheffield United Championship game on Saturday, 14 August 2021 at 8pm. The game is being shown live on Sky Sports.

Referee Keith Stroud will be assisted by Ian Cooper and Sam Lewis, with Sam Allison the 4th Official for the game.

Take a look at the Swans v Sheffield United Head to Head Statistics since their first meeting in south Wales in 1933.

If you fancy predicting the score for the game, then why not take part in our Swansea City Prediction League competition.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Russell Martin's pre or post match comments and team selection.

Comments

• I see that Brewster scored last night for the first time in 31 games for Sheffield Utd.

From past experience of our ex players scoring against us ( Bony, Clucas, Sinclair etc, ) it is very likely he will score on Saturday, along with McBurnie.

• He's always looked shaky to me, so I'd prefer he played tbh.

• Some tough choices for Saturday. I’d like to see Whittaker play as he’s getting better … and has once to burn

• Oh great Keith Stroud - just when I was starting to get excited for the game!

• I agree @chatz - but I want to see him do it more than once 😀

chatz
  • The Gaffer's pre-match press conference:

• This is going to be a very big match up. The two teams who atm want to dominate possession go up against each other. It will be a very big test if, this early in the adjustment to the new style of play, we can win that contest and the match.

Its pretty clear we will concede goals, so we will need to score at least twice to be in with a chance in this match. For me that means more than 12 shots at goal in the match, and limit them to single digits.

They have real quality up front, so we need to be in control at the back, agressive in midfield and clinical upfront.

Really looking forward to it no matter the result.

JackaremeSeaJack
  • God this stupid article infuriates me. Let’s teach this ‘journalist’ a footballing lesson and make him cry in the stands.

Cadleigh
  • Not looked forward to attending a love match for such a long time…. Can see us not losing this one … hopefully the plans are in place to get the win

• With both teams looking to keep possession of the ball and attack the game then you could say that they both suit each other. It will be a good looking game so there’s lots to love about what’s in store tomorrow evening.

• Its going to be a tough match tomorrow, I'm sure they will be pressing ahrd and high early on. We will need to deal with it well so we dont allow any soft goals.

If we can control the ball then I can see us getting better as the match progresses.

COYS

SeaJack
  • A few interesting team choices for the boss tonight does he play Joel at right wing back , who plays alongside Matt ?

Does he play a front 3 of Joel, Jamal and Morgan

Lots of options for the boss .

• Just noticed the games on Sky Sports Main Event.

Time to show the world what you’re about Russell.

MikeTasmania
  • What an agonisingly long wait for us Swans fans with having to go through the entire day and most of the evening until kickoff. Fingers crossed the match will be worth the wait and worth its weight in gold.

MikeTasmania
  • I'm a bit apprehensive about the aspect of a near-full stadium tonight but I'm so looking forward to going back and seeing all the boys in my usual pre-match pub and talking bollocks for an hour and half.

• @Fledge

Dont worry if all else fails, we can all come back on here and talk B*ll*cks for days.

garetharogersSeaJackGingergitFledge
  • edited August 14

Hard game this I suspect.

Stating the obvious I know.

Promising and progressive new manager but with less than two years experience and in a lower division.

Less than two weeks in the post and so little time to introduce his ideas and philosophy.

First home game ,plus it's on UK TV and streaming worldwide.

No pressure then!!!

Go for it lads,whatever happens just the first steps along the road.

SeaJack
  • Hoping for a win tonight but would settle for a decent performance, some entertainment and a point. Will be nice to see a crowd in too

• Great kick off time for me - means I can get stuck into some beers rather than 10am coffee.

Really looking forward t this one COYS!!!

• I’m as optimistic as ever before a game … but… if it’s not going right people will need to remember this change is going to take time… it’s high risk high reward… players won’t always get it right but it’s important we don’t get on their backs …

Jackareme
  • Agreed Chatz. If we were to get on their backs it would weigh them down considerably.😊 Figuratively can be heavy going as well.

chatzPete
  • edited August 14

Not a lot of messages before first home game of season, is everyone stuck in the phone queue sorting out their tickets😂👍 Would give anything for a big win tonight, three or four goals would be nice.

• Good luck to B.cooper on his first start in the league, also Downes making his debut

• best of luck lads, do your best thats all we can ask, tonights team young and enthusiastic early days have patience needed

• No Naughton or Bennett are they injured?