Home General Football

Roy Keane Interview

I cant recommend this enough. A fabulous interview by Gary Neville with Roy.

Enlightening. Entertaining. Very, very funny.

Comments

• Thanks for that Mark. I'll check that out later with my headphones on

• Very good that Mark, changed my perception of Roy Keane 🤣

• Always liked Roy Keane and generally comes across as a decent guy.

As they said it's all about perception and the media can drive that perception.

Thought it was very interesting when Gary Neville was explaining that he may need a presentation to get across his ideas when interviewing for manager positions. Clearly owners / chairman are seduced by that sort of thing!!

• The video sounds like an attempt a rehabiliation, which every is entitled to a chance at, however not sure the phase decent guy applies.

He was a thug on the pitch, If anyone has any doubt about this, take a lot at this deliberate revenge tackle, which basically ended a players career.

• @JackRaven absolutely no defending that tackle, however that was one moment and for me does not define him (and nor should it) but it does prove his point about perception.

I remember attending a champions league match at Old Trafford back in 1999. Man Utd were playing Valencia (Man U won 3-0 and Valencia actually went on to reach the final that season) and two players stood out for me, David Beckham (for me the best player I have seen live apart from Gazza) and Roy Keane.

But something that I remember much more vividly than the actual game was how the Manchester United fans absolutely adored Keane, when Keane did something of note the whole ground (75,000 fans) in unison would chant Keano and for me it was and still the most impressive thing I have seen a crowd do in a football stadium.

Yes, Keane was no angel but he was the heartbeat of that Man Utd side and no matter what you think of them (being from Leeds I am no Man Utd fan) they were a fantastic team.

Our very own Evil Genius Ferrie Bodde is the closest Swansea have had to Roy Keane and it's a real shame his career was cut short.

deekay
  • As a pundit Roy Keane has certainly mellowed , you would certainly want him on your side as a player ,

Had al the attributes to be world class , brilliant captain , who can forget the tunnel incident against Arsenal with Patrick Viera .

• edited September 7

I dont believe it was an isolated moment in his career, I believe he still has the highest number of red cards in the UK in a career.

As to whether it defines him, I'll just let Roy speak in his own words from his autobiography.

"There are things I regret in my life and he's not one of them," says Keane.

The feud between the two players began in 1997 when Keane ruptured his cruciate ligament while attempting to foul Haaland, who claimed his opponent was faking injury.

Keane then got his revenge four years later in vicious style, landing his studs on Haaland right knee during a Manchester derby at Old Trafford.

"I'd waited long enough. I f------ hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you c---," Keane wrote in his first autobiography.

"And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries. Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, f--- him.

"What goes around, comes around. He got his just rewards. He f----- me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."

• Yeah he came across has a nice guy ,it's sad how jornos misrepresent people for yrs they've portrayed him has a demonic lune! the guy is just passionate about his sport .