Home Swansea City

Getting to know Mark Allen - the Swans sporting director

Comments

• Good interview, I believe he will work well with RM and be a positive force in the club.

SeaJack
  • I'm only now getting round to watching that interview. At 6.51 into the interview, there is some footage of training which is clearly current as the recent signings are included. However, in the background, is that Angel Rangel playing a part on the staff side ? Maybe something and nothing but who knows ?

Jackareme
  • this guy all in black? That's Matt Willmott, head of physical performance, not Angel, if that's who you mean. And not sure who else you could be speaking of from the footage i looked at, from 6.51.

• Mark,

By the 1st September 2021 Angel had returned to his hometown - Sant Carles de la Ràpita linking up with local club UE Rapitenca. Not known whether it was as a player or as coach.

The club plays in Tercera División RFEF (English: Third Division RFEF), is the fifth tier of the Spanish football league system. It is below the Primera División (also known as La Liga), the Segunda División, and the semi-professional divisions Primera División RFEF and Segunda División RFEF. It was founded in 1929 as the third tier, and dropped down to the fourth and fifth tiers in 1977 and 2021, respectively.

The club plays in the Catalonia area of the Tercera Division, third Regional Division, Primera Catalana Group 2-A 

SeaJack
  • @Mark_Jack_London

Yes, that is the person I was referring to and prompted my question as to whether or not it was Angel. Thank you for clarifying that for me. However, that does leave me with a sense of disappointment as I would love to see him back here developing his coaching skills and helping RM restore a playing style to which he contributed immensely.