Home Wales

Match Discussion: Czech Republic v Wales - World Cup 2022 Qualifier

edited October 9 in Wales

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Czech Republic v Wales World Cup 2022 Group E Qualifying game on Friday, 8 October 2021 at the Sinobo Stadium in Prague.

Kick-off is at 7:45pm and the game will be shown live on S4C and Sky Sports Football.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Robert Page's pre or post match comments and team selection.

Comments

• Will Vaulks and Ben Cabango have been called up to replace Rhys Norrington-Davies and Tom Lockyer, who have withdrawn from the squad due to injury.

SeaJack
  • Going to be a very difficult away game , we were a bit fortunate to beat them in Cardiff ,

The problem we have for this game is a lack of game time for our best players ,

Rodon , Davies , Roberts hardly played ,

Mepham not playing regularly , Joey has missed a few games

Moore not in good form ,

Dan James not in the best form , Wilson doing ok

Tylor Roberts having some game time .

Bale injured , not sure if Ramsey is playing regularly

Let's hope whoever plays does well , a draw would be a good result

• A draw would be an exceptionally good result as they look 3 goals better than us

Couldn't prove it over here though so you never know

• Wales are now without Ben Davies and David Brooks due to illness , getting a result gets harder without these two .

JackaremeSeaJack
  • I disagree, a draw is my minimum expectation. An 'exceptionally good result' would be a victory as well as taking a healthy goal difference from them. We have the ability to do this.

They will beat Belarus and Estonia, so to finish above them a win tonight is essential.

• @Rhydian

Would agree with you if we could field our best 11 , with so many players out a draw would be excellent.

One piece of good news Ramsey captain for this game .

• Looks as if Wales are going with a 4 - 4 2

Ward

Gunter , Rodon , Mepham , N Williams ,

Ramsey Allen , Ampadu , Morrell

James , Moore ,

Good luck to the boys

• Got to be honest I thought morrell was a pub team player but he looks really decent tonight I think he needs to play regular and for a club who likes to get it down and play.

• Always thought he was a tidy player , keeps the game simple , good move to Portsmouth ,

Brilliant goal by Ramsey , should be 2 nil up .

• Yeh your right malc he’s a decent player you can see keifer Moore is not match fit

• Could go either way this, great goal rambo and moore should have scored earlier, there's more to come in tjis match.

• What a ridiculous first touch who does he think he is Rene hagita!!!

• Oh dear , have you seen an own goal like that ?

• Let’s be fair the checks are there for the taking

• Only a win helps us. 2nd place is no improvement on the 99% guaranteed Nations League playoff spot unless we are one of the best 6 second-placed teams. The rest have an away game in the first round of the playoffs which we already have.

• Well done Dan lovely finish from a super ball from Wilson .

garetharogers
  • Fair play to the boys couldn't have given any more , page did well good use of the subs went for the win

Best attacking display in a long time for Wales ,

• Excellent performance. Deserved 3 points. But you can't concede goals like that. Very encouraging that we can get a result against a decent team away from home. We're probably going to need that in the playoff.

• Agree, best attacking performance for ages could easily have won that. Thought rodon had a very good game btw

• Ah, so frustrating. 2 lapses by Wales gifted the Czech’s a result. Apart from that it was a decent performance by the Welsh side when truth be told it could have gone so horribly wrong.

• That’s the best welsh performance I’ve seen for a long time the Czechs we’re hanging on. Robert page take boo son!

SeaJackFyldeJack
  • What impressed me last night was the attacking intent from the start of the game .

Passing forward into feet into space , no messing about at the back , everyball played forward excellent fitness good use of the subs , created lots of chances

Play like that against Estonia we should win

• Brilliant from the Red Army at the game, when the Czech's booed taking the knee.

• Very enjoyable game to watch and it would not have been flattering if we'd won 4-1

Probably needed Bale on the end of those first half chances

Outplayed the Czechs from the off and showed great energy throughout

Czechs didn't look so clever under pressure

I love being wrong when Wales do better than I expected!

SeaJack