Home Swansea City

Comments

• Great man and very shrewd manager who scoured the country looking for non league talent that earned the club a small fortune in the long run

• Great manager and a great man to go with it. Was the manager when I first started watching the Swans, I was gutted when he left. Thanks for the memories.

• One of my favourite ever swans managers. Gave us pride and trophies during a difficult period. What he could have achieved with proper financial backing one can only wonder. RIP Frank. YJB.

Jackareme
  • Also one of my favourite managers a proper football man , enjoyed his interviews always interesting , who could forget Wembley .

RIP Frankie

Jackareme
  • There was a story that he had whacked Colin West in the tunnel after he stupidly got himself sent off in the play-off semi final.at West Brom in 1993 - did it really happen?

• Always liked his flat cap at a jaunty angle.

A really good manager and man.

Gone but not forgotten

• Frank Burrows certainly had the magic touch as far as player recruitment is concerned as well as a contact book envied by so many in the game. Whether he paid £10k for the likes of John Williams and John Ford from Cradley Town or signing a free transfer midfielder and converting him(Mark Clode) to full back player, as he did with trainee Steve Jenkins, who was offloaded to Huddersfield Town after making his International debut for Wales for around £250k, it got to a stage where it was either a lack of ambition, or finance to strengthen the team from chairman Doug Sharpe that ultimately saw him resign and join Harry Redknapp as his assistant at West Ham United. The big man was that respected in the game.

Rest in peace Frank, while the sight of fans from the North Bank of you throwing your flat hat to the floor in frustration will last long in many a Swans’ fans memory.

WebmasterArch_Stantonniallo11deekayCimlaswanPAJmoorlandsJackareme
  • Remember the Burrows days too, very long time ago but I remember my Dad once said Burrows looked like a grave digger lol

Excellent manager at that time and very witty during interviews. One of the best memories was when we missed a penalty and got knocked out of the Welsh cup by Merthyr - when asked about the penalty miss, Burrows simply replied by saying his daughter could have kicked it better lol