Home Swansea City

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw 2021/22

The Swans will learn their FA Cup 3rd Round opponents on Monday evening.

Comments

• Southampton at home in the cup.

• Swansea City will face Southampton in the third round of the FA Cup.

The Swans will host the Premier League Saints at the Swansea.com Stadium on the weekend of January 7-10.

The sides recently faced off in a pre-season friendly, but they have not met in a competitive fixture since May 2018 when a Southampton win in SA1 all-but sealed Swansea's relegation from the Premier League.

The clubs have never met in the FA Cup before. The Swans reached the fifth round last term, while Southampton were beaten at the semi-final stage by eventual winners Leicester.

The date, kick-off time and ticketing details for the fixture will be confirmed in due course.

SeaJack
  • The Swans vs Southampton will be played on the 8th Jan K O 5 30 , the game will be live on BBC Wales .

SeaJack
  • No replays in the 3rd & 4th Round , games decided on the day .

SeaJackRhydian
  • I don't think the club has said this formally yet but Mark Drakeford's announcements today tell me that the Southampton match will be behind closed doors.

In the light of that, I wonder whether the BBC will change their live fixture for that day and time? Maybe they aren't allowed to change it now but, from the BBC's perspective, you'd think they'd want to choose a match that has an actual crowd and a bit of atmosphere - there's plenty to choose from - maybe compensate the Swans and go to another ground instead.

Although, by that weekend, maybe the rules in England will also have changed such that all those cup matches will be behind closed doors.

• @Fledge

The match is on BBC Wales , lots of FA Cup games on other channels .

Fri . Swindon vs Man City

Sun , Forest vs Arsenal

Mon , Man Utd vs Aston Villa ,

• Looks as there are no tickets for the Southampton fans with the game played behind closed doors .

• Ah, I see what you mean - it's on BBC Wales rather than BBC1 - I wasn't aware of that - so much less likely to be dropped as Cardiff play on Sunday, and that would also be behind locked doors.

• Looks promising for the Southampton game to ahead according to the Boss , more players available from today .

SeaJack