Homeโ€บ Swansea City

Match Discussion: Huddersfield Town v Swans - Championship 2021/22

edited January 16 in Swansea City

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Huddersfield Town v Swans Championship game on Saturday, 15 January 2022 at 3pm.

Referee David Webb will be assisted by Adam Crysell and Matthew McGrath, with Neil Hair the 4th Official for the game.

Have a browse of the Huddersfield Town v Swansea City Head to Head Statistics from their first meeting in Yorkshire in 1952 to the present day.

If you are going to the game at The John Smith's Stadium have a read of our Huddersfield Town Away Fans Guide.

If you fancy predicting the score for the game, then why not take part in our Swansea City Prediction League competition.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Russell Martin's pre or post match comments, team selection.

ยซ13

Comments

• with 3 players gone be interesting selection for saturday

• At the moment this game is a hiding to nothing. We are likely to lose again but many fans will still travel just to see the Swans play a game live....

• There is very little between most teams in the Championship @azzuriswan - Needless to say Martin has to find a fix to our left side defensive woes - but with a performance we could win at Huddersfield. Not a favourites chance - but we should go there positively and try and impose our game - then who knows??

• Saturday will be interesting. I was hoping to see a complete reset against Southampton after the extended break, but it felt like Forest could have been a couple of days before rather than the best part of a month. It’s not just the left side, or the right, that needs shoring up, or player fitness - we looked confused all over the pitch. Let’s hope Huddersfield is where the turn-around starts and we see the team gel.

• No doubt with all the ins and outs here, Huddersfield will find planning for the game unusual.

• With Patterson unfit and Christie probably not ready to start, RM may go for the 433 system he used against Southampton

For me I would start with

Fisher

Naughton Cabango Cooper Manning

Ntcham Downes Grimes

Joseph Piroe Obafemi

• So are we going to dump Hamer without any "competition" The new keeper has only been here 1 day!

• Hamer has been shakey for the last 6 games - IMO we absolutely need a new starter on saturday and give him time to work on his game out of the firing line.

Is Patterson for sure not available?

LlanjackSeaJack
  • I don’t see the logic of throwing Fisher in the deep end on Saturday. Surely he needs time on the training pitch to get to know his new team-mates and have a bit of a ‘pre-season’?

• The boss said Fisher and Christie and Fisher are in the squad for tomorrow's game with Huddersfield

• Huddersfield away tough game players to look out for

Sorba Thomas 8 assists 3 goals Welsh International another talented player to come from non league football,

Toffolo 6 assists 1 goal

Leading goalscorer for the Bantams 7 goals 2 assists ex Cardiff player .

Hope we cut out the errors defensively.

SeaJack
  • And 4-1 last season will give them confidence too

Expect a thumping and hope for the best!

• We did beat them 1 nil earlier in the season , the team know they have beaten them recently.

• Thanks Chris

Should have been Terriers ๐Ÿ˜

• edited January 14

Dog Botherers as they are known up here in Leeds

JackaremeMark_Jack_London
  • Always had a soft spot for bantams.The real life feathered variety that is,๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

• That is a shocking lineup I have to say. Hopefully Piroe and Downes can provide some quality in this game.

• Who is Abdulai on the bench?

• Usual story. After 22 minutes, 64 per cent possession, yet 1 nil down.

• We are awful again.

huddersfield commentators giving us a hammering…saying defence do not know their roles and our passing game is so submissive. They can see it, we can see it, Martin cannot see it

smith picked again…in an advanced role too. I honestly give up. It is getting worse by the week

not out of this by any means but need a vast improvement second half

• Not another defeat on the cards surely? There needs to be a vast improvement in the 2nd half to get out of this in one piece. If there are more goals in this game I can only see them being against the Swans unfortunately. I’m praying for a penalty to get us level. A draw is what is needed to stop the rot. A win and I’ll be stunned into silence.

• Much better second half performance. Unlucky not to win in the end.

Jackareme
  • According to the Radio Wales commentary Cadleigh has it just right.sounded like a great watch,๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

• edited January 15

We were decent enough in the first half to be drawing rather than behind, but that second half performance was absolutely outstanding. Stats through the roof in that second half, so unlucky not to score and Huddersfield have a very good keeper. Edge of the seat stuff. Second half is the best we've played under RM by a long stretch. Well done boys. Great support up there too.

FyldeJackdeekayLlanjackJackaremeSeaJack
  • Toothless first half, could/should have been 2 or 3 down. Much better second unlucky not to win it at the death. But they still had chances, Hamer had to make saves and was caught out with the ball at his feet multiple times. That's the danger playing this way, we work hard to create chances and can give them up so easily.

• Well, well, what a nice surprise!

• Listened to commentary on BBC Taduo Wales and clearly we were a completely different team on the second half and having 3 strikers on the pitch at the end shows the intent