Home Swansea City

Former Swans 2022-2023

This thread is to discuss former Swansea City players playing at other clubs during the 2022/23 season.

Comments

• I see that Swans Under 23 goalkeeper Jamie Searle, who was released by the Swans earlier this month, signed for Barnsley yesterday.

SeaJack
  • Ryan Blair has signed for Dumbarton and talked about his time at Swansea during his first interview.

RYAN BLAIR could have been playing for Stevie Farrell a year ago. Or two years ago.

Now, at the third time of asking, it has happened.

The midfielder checked into Dumbarton today, signing a one-year deal after leaving East Fife at the end of last season.

As a product of the Falkirk youth academy, and having spent three and a half years rubbing shoulders with high-profile players at Swansea City, it's a chance he's determined to make the most of.

It is also the first opportunity since his return to Scotland to play on his preferred surface.

Speaking to dumbartonfootballclub.com, Ryan said: "I'm looking forward to it. I spoke with the manager and it all sounded good and I will look forward to getting started next week.

"I've previously spoken to the manager, not just this summer, but the past couple of close seasons as well.

"This time around, I just see it as a good fit for me. I like playing on grass surfaces and it just feels right for me at this point in my career.

"My time at Swansea was a good time. I learned a lot from the players I worked with, having gone there when I was 18 and spent three years there.

"The likes of Wayne Routledge and Nathan Dyer were probably the best I worked with there."

Ryan also has ambitions for himself and Dumbarton during the time he spends with the club.

He added: "Personally I want to start my goals by cementing a place in the team.

"From a team point of view, we want to finish as high up the table as possible, with the playoffs being the minimum we are looking to achieve.

"I think it will be a good league this year. There are not any stand-out teams with a big budget or anything so it should be competitive.

"There will be a good few teams aiming high, but we should be aiming for the playoffs at least."

SeaJack
  • Yan Dhanda signs for Ross County.

Thank you Yan & good luck.

Dhanda joins Ross County

Former Swansea forward Yan Dhanda has signed for Ross Countyfollowing his release by the Swans.

The 23-year-old spent five years at Liverpool's academy before signing for the Welsh club, for whom he made half-a-century of league appearances across a four-year period.

Staggies boss Malky Mackay said: “We are absolutely thrilled to bring Yan to Dingwall. Yan is a player that our recruitment department have targeted for a period of time. 

"Over the past few months I have had some really positive dialogue with both Yan and his advisors, and we are delighted to now have him joining us.”

“Yan’s talent will certainly complement our group, and we also feel he is a great fit for what we are trying to build here and the culture we have created. 

"When you look at the journey Yan has had to date, we are getting a player of real quality that has worked with some of the best and this is a new exciting chapter for Yan and Ross County.”

moorlandsSeaJackWebmaster
  • I so want him to be a success. There's obviously a talented kid there. And as a role model to Asian footballers, it is important he finds some success.

moorlandsniallo11JackaremeSeaJackFyldeJack
  • Wishing Yan the Man all the best. It’s hard to believe that he’s still only 23 so there’s plenty left in the tank for him to come good and blossom into the player he has shown flashes of with the Swans.

JackaremeMark_Jack_LondonGingergitPetedeekay
  • Sheffield United very disappointed both players plead not guilty .

• I wonder how many of the fans who invaded the pitch have been charged??

• edited June 25

Were Ollie and Brandon Cooper seperated at birth? Couldn’t believe the likeness in the training videos this week thought we had re signed him for a hot moment!

• I saw Ryan Blair play once and thought straight away this guy was not going to make it,he played cm neat and tidy but 3 yards to slow

• Wolves are looking at Connor Roberts , could be an instant route back to the Premier league , how much of a fee will be needed .

SeaJack
  • Sell on clause??

• I’d like to think there will definitely be a sell on clause considering the low fee we got for him.

• the low fee was because he only had 12 months left on his contract, and nobody else bid for him.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if there's an extras in that deal.

• Dai Cornell ex Swan released by Peterborough signs for Preston , back up to Freddie Woodman.

Preston are given a 2 week trial to Ben Woodman.

SeaJack
  • Former Swans defender Cian Harries has joined Swindon Town on a one year deal after being released by Bristol Rovers.

SeaJackMark_Jack_London
  • Joe Rodon interesting Everton could be part of a transfer involving Richarlison

SeaJack
  • He needs and deserves some game time.

• Josh Gould having trials with Portsmouth after being released by the Swans .

• Gylfi Sigurdsson agrees move to Turkish side Galatasaray on 2 year deal worth a reported £1.7 million after being released by Everton .

SeaJackWebmaster
  • have the charges been dropped? If not, would his bail conditions not prevent him from leaving the country?

• All gone quiet , no mention of any court case ,

• Ben Hamer training with Brighton .

• He should find a club without any problems, he's still a Championship level keeper in my opinion.

Perhaps a good bench option for a Prem club, although I'm not sure he would settle for that in the twilight of his career.

• I would be hugely disappointed if I supported a Premier League club and they signed Ben Hamer.

If he wants first team football then it's lower championship if he's lucky, more of a League 1 keeper in my eyes.

Jackareme
  • @Chris_Sharman Can you honestly say Mark Birighitti was better than Hamer? Lower half Prem clubs aren't spoilt for choice when it comes to bench and reserve keepers.

• @Chris_Sharman

Ben Hamer apart from a few seasons has always been a back up keeper or number 3 ,

Hamer was number 1 for Charlton when they won promotion to the Championship , played regularly for two seasons then went to Leicester where he hardly played a game .

In my opinion will do a job for most teams in the Premier league or Championship.

• Looks as if Fulham are looking at Joe Rodon , needs a transfer to get regular game time , was hoping Brighton or Southampton would be his next club .

SeaJack